Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 176 - 3 / 13 / 06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 176 - 3 / 13 / 06

Postby skie » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:23 am

PSP redesign... Final Fantasy 12 gets perfect score in popular magazine... Miyamoto being knighted by the French... Control your PC with the Nintendo DS... Midway Gamer's Day... Guitar Hero 2... DDR Supernova... No Online mode for Virtua Fighter... Free XBOX360 Gold Weekend... Sadness... 12 steps to recover the gaming industry... Game Tap to offer trailers and demos... Patches on the XBOX 360... Your e-mails and much more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Gaming Week

Postby robbway » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:28 am

Skie, Bejeweled 2 has had the hardest to achieve gamer points of any game, disc or download, that I've played. The easiest to achieve is for completing puzzle mode, because you can use the hint system. As Loki said last week, Crystal Quest is the easiest from which to achieve points. I would prefer all the points to be about the same difficulty, and leaning toward the hard side.

Gamer points don't really mean much. You either play a lot with a few games, or you play a little with many games. However, on individual games, the achievement sheets are very useful to compare abilities.

My gaming weekend stopped on Saturday! I'm moving, and all the systems are disconnected, and I don't own a Pong system. On the bright side, I now have a nice TV dedicated to the games.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:54 am

YAY for longer shows!!!
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:53 am

Being a gamer is make me feel dirty
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:27 pm

LOKI likes DE-SIRE. Hee. Does he rock out to the Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) on 6th Mix Nonstop Megamix?

Lack of online for Virtua Fighter is idiotic. Clearly they're not trying.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's not "DE-STARD". I'm sure it was a spelling block for the poor Japanese players. Plus it opens up the "basTARD" or "retard" jokes. XP
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:53 pm

Good Podcast guys. Do you guys think that the redesign of the PSP will make the price for it go down?
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:34 pm

It'll make the price of current model used ones go down, that's for sure. Similar to when Nintendo pulls this same shit, the old models will probably disappear shortly after the new ones roll off the assembly line.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby krispykreme » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:53 pm

skie wrote:It'll make the price of current model used ones go down, that's for sure. Similar to when Nintendo pulls this same shit, the old models will probably disappear shortly after the new ones roll off the assembly line.
So it wouldn't be worth it to buy the old used one?
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Reenee » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:57 pm

I would presume that new things have new features. :P

It could even be possible that some of the system software might change...
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

More Comments

Postby robbway » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:54 am

On the PSP redesign, I can only guess that they will be using cheaper and/or smaller parts to offset any new features they may add. Cheaper may only mean "costs less" due to mass production. I only want another analog stick and a smaller/lighter case.

DarkSakura mentioned Evil Zone. I think I may have both Japanese and North American on that game. Not a very deep fighter, but it's fun and silly. Like, isn't there a special move where you grab someone, fly up into space, and slam back down from Low-Earth-Orbit?
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkSakura » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:38 am

Evil Zone is a weird little game. I haven't gone all the way through it; it's one of those I play when I'm in a really bored weird mood. I did finish Setsuna's game and the Sentai Super Hero whoever he was. It's fun and goofy!
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby krispykreme » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:47 am

*waits for Part B*
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:47 am

Part B should be up about 6PM PST tonight. It's only about 50 minutes but we did have a pretty long first "half".

Starting next week I'm going to try and have part b out a wee bit sooner, on the overnights late tuesday/early wednesday as opposed to late wednesday.

If you *need* your Part B fix sooner, I believe allgames is repeating our show a couple times tuesday morning... check forums.allgames.com for the schedule.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby krispykreme » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:52 am

skie wrote:Part B should be up about 6PM PST tonight. It's only about 50 minutes but we did have a pretty long first "half".

Starting next week I'm going to try and have part b out a wee bit sooner, on the overnights late tuesday/early wednesday as opposed to late wednesday.

If you *need* your Part B fix sooner, I believe allgames is repeating our show a couple times tuesday morning... check forums.allgames.com for the schedule.
I don't need it. I just like having it to listen to while walking to school.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:19 am

That was more of a general statement for everyone, not just as a response to your above post ;) hehehe oops.

Glad to hear that people listen to our show in so many different creative places though... I once had someone tell me they were playing it at work... at an EBGames or something over the sound system. LOL! That's pretty great!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)