Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

PS3 Online Service will be FREE/maybe...

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

PS3 Online Service will be FREE/maybe...

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:24 am

This is copy and Pasted from qj.net

According to Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi, even though the company expects to earn healthy revenues from the sale of downloadable content for the PS3, basic online services will be FREE.

"On the PS3, basic services will be taken for granted while content will be the bread and butter of our business." The PS3's network services will be available starting on the day of the console's launch. The company expects consumers to switch to digitally delivered content within one to two years.

Sony prez aslo hinted that the console's online features could allow multiple Cell processors to work together. "Users will be able to connect to Polyphony Digital's server. So I want it to be a Cell server, with the number of Cells at a thousand to several thousand. This would allow us to maintain an entire cyberworld, as long as our power supply holds up."

This sounds all well and good but i dont like the words "The Basic Online services will be free" comment... From that it sounds like Xbox live Silver... But from what im hearing its more so to Xbox Live gold... But im also hearing its not... idk i think im reading too much into it... I mean im not sure how they will handle the downloadable content pricing... All seems a little too scetchy to me... I think skie was right, Sony does need a gag order... But for all we know Sony could just be saying nonsense and just gauging our reactions to decied what they are going to do... But for the time being with this im just gonna say, ill believe it when i see it...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Reenee » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:57 pm

Yeah, he's doing the "services" ditty, not "gameplay". I'm wondering when the gaming sites will ask questions properly.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Return to Console Gaming Chatter