Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

3 New Characters in 3 out for SSBB

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

3 New Characters in 3 out for SSBB

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:08 pm

According to 1up.com and Kotaku that... Smash Bros Director Masashiro Sakurai announced that 3 new characters will be in Super Smash Bros Brawl... The 3 include:

- Ridley (from Metriod)

- Cell Shaded Link (from WW)

- Bowser Jr (various mario games)

Sakurai also announced that 3 old characters wont be returning for the next game they include: Mr. Game and Watch, Young Link and Ice Climbers. Its not known who exactly will take their place just yet, but Sakurai stated he wants a roster 40 deep, with 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters.

Its funny that the 2 characters out of the 30-40 i submitted to the survey that was done by Sakurai, will be in this game... I suggested Ridley and Cell Shaded Link be added so im happy for that and they seem to be pretty good additions... Ridley will most likely be impossible to control and will resemble a Heavy Bowser with wings... Bowser Jr seems to be a no brainer to me... I mean he has been in just as many games if not more than Regular Bowser... Cell Shaded Link is a clever idea i think... I just hope they incorporate his counters and the Wind Waker into his character...

Im not too upset about the 3 that got kicked out though... But i would like to know WHY NOT PICHU!!!

- Ice Climbers: I just hated them totally... Their Smashs were messed up and having 2 of them on the screen was nonsense to begin with

- Young Link: Im not a fan of clone characters so thats good... But i will miss his flame arrows and chain combo spin...

- Game and Watch: im probablly most upset about because he was a fun character to play as but tough to master and be good with... I will miss his zany moves, like: The flags, The Poundcake, The manhole cover, The Bucket, The parachute, #8 and 9 Hammer and ofcourse the sausages...

Im still pulling for my other 30-40 character i suggested to be in it... Come on Simon Belmont & Little Mac...

Edit: According to several forums and Blogs (including gamefaqs) that this report is bogus and false... In otherwords i may have just written all of this for nothing... :(

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Reenee » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:50 pm

I don't see how Young Link != WW Young Link.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:08 pm

I don't see how this is false yet, people just say so because they didn't SEE it. But c'mon the director said so, unless the french lied to us!!!
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Metroid_Reaper » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:45 am

Glad to see Ice Climbers go...glad to see Game and Match or Game and Watch, whatever his name is go, Ridley will be awsome...So will Wind Waker Link...They should add Super Joe from Bionic Commando!!!
Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins.
Metroid_Reaper
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:21 am

WHAT!! there is nothing wrong with game and watch he was actually good if you learn to use him but he's very light. Cel link will probably just be an inhanced version of young link/
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby TheAmplidude » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:55 am

Ever since my friends came up with the idea to put Ridely in the game a month or two ago, I still can't imagine how in the world that would work.

Well if it's true, I guess all we can do is wait and pray Nintendo doesn't bomb this plan.
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby VxJasonxV » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:27 am

While I agree that it's damn impossible, Ridley would just be like Mewtwo, just eternally hovering.

Ridley could however, have a higher jump (think: not quite but almost bunny ears jump height) and lots of angled down attacks.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby PacmanNeedsPills » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:02 pm

I dont see why they really need to remove characters. I wish they would just bring all the old characters over (unless the characters/fighting engine are getting a major overhaul), then add the new characters.
PacmanNeedsPills
New Listener
New Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:19 pm

Some Characters are getting complete overhauls... Falco, Sheik/Zelda, Ganondorf are to name a few... They finally realized that Falco and Sheik are hacked... Zelda and Sheik will be seperate characters... They also intend to create some sort of balance but idk how that will turn out...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:12 am

Ah yes this is true, it is said that there was going to be a new SSB no matter what and nintendo was just going to bring in all the characters from before but not change a thing. This is why the original creator stepped in because he wanted to go back and change all the characters.

I hope this means that everyone will be near equal and those few characters won't be a lot better than everyone else. That's why I never use Fox/Falco or shiek, I don't consider Marth all that cheap.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Console Gaming Chatter