Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

The PS3 and its bundles broken down (and Rant)

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

The PS3 and its bundles broken down (and Rant)

Postby ssj100matt » Mon May 08, 2006 11:57 pm

Well we finally got what we all waited for... The Price and the Date for the PS3... Nov 17 in the US, Europe, Ausi and Nov 11th in Japan.... The PS3 will be released with 2 diffrent systems... A 20GIG HD version for $500 and a 60GIG HD for $600...

But theres more than just a $100 price diffrence between them:

Apparently what the 60GIG will also have that the 20GIG wont have is a Memory Stick/SD/CompactFlash card reader, Wireless Lan (802.11b/g) support and the HDMI output interface (necessary for achieving the much bragged about 1080p screen resolution), as well as 40G more hard drive space.

The biggest problem that PSP owners will not like is that the 20G version WONT be able to communicate with their PSP... (although i do think there will be a peripheral down the road to allow this)

Idk about most of us but i would pay the extra $100 for the Lan, HDMI outputs and Cardreader alone...

link:

http://www.qj.net/PS3-Differences-Betwe ... /aid/36205

My Rant:
Once again gamers will have to deal with the difficult decision of having to choose between bundles again... And since the Wii is coming out the same time its even tougher for us fellow gamers to affored these things... We could ultimately be spending $2,000+ toward the end of this year on games... Its not fair... I thought the government took enough of my money... now these companies will take the rest... break out the tents and space food people the Wii and the PS3 are coming...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Console Gaming Chatter