Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Bust A Move! (Groove in the US :D)

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Bust A Move! (Groove in the US :D)

Postby Sai-kun » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Anyone play this game here? I actually just ordered it off of Amazon yesterday XD I have the whole OST for the first game in my computer, too.

I reeaaally like this game and I've been wanting to play it for a looooong time. XD So I just decided to give in and buy it, rather than do the ISO/whatever.

Hiro and Heat > You! :D
This is how it all beginS
Sai-kun
Supporter
Supporter

Postby VxJasonxV » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:52 am

I played Bust-A-Groove (US) before DDR.

Ironic musing: I bought my first dance pad FOR Bust-A-Groove, I didn't know it was designed for DDR.

(P.S. Bust-A-Groove + DancePad = EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD. Oh wait, I forgot that I like lying a lot... :-|)
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkSakura » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:27 am

No, the dance pad is easy for Easy Mode on BaM2.

I imported the first BAM about seven years ago...wow. It's been that long! I love it! I still go back and play, mostly as Heat because I know his High Score moves.

BAM2 related: I was at Anime Expo 2000 (or maybe 1999) and was in a BAM2 tourney. I was cosplaying Shorty and went into to load my mem card and practice. Undefeated for an HOUR before the tourney. First round in, Heat on Normal. Blasted my opposition. Then my second round was on a different system...MacLoad in Mix...AND A BROKEN CONTROLLER. They didn't fix it until the almost the fifth round when everyone kept complaining.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:23 am

Yeah its a great game... My exgirlfriend introduced me to that awhile back (like 7 years go i think) Which is way before i started playing DDR... I didnt like the 2nd one... The songs werent as good as the first...
ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:54 am

I probably would not have discovered DDR as soon as I did or fallen in love with it so much had it not been for Bust A Groove 2.

Yes I know B-A-G is the shunned American name but the reality is I didn't discover this game until I rented it randomly and loved it and bought it. I actually didn't really know a thing about import gaming, either... my love for Bemani which came soon after playing B-A-G sort of opened my eyes to all of that.

I would love more than anything to see a new B-A-G came come out (besides dance summit... I want something in this country too lol). However, I believe enix published the game, right? Well with the whole squeenix merge, that's just one more nail in the coffin :?
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Sai-kun » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:42 pm

Yeah, I was hoping for A BAG..well...2, or 3. I don't think 2 came out over here D: Because I remember seeing it in an old issue of PSM/EGm or something and going "omj bust a groove!!11"

I love Heat and Gas-O :D
This is how it all beginS
Sai-kun
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jayveemon » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:06 pm

It's all about Kitty-N and the english version of her song in BaG 1. Greatest song ever.
Jayveemon
Supporter
Supporter

Postby krispykreme » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:19 pm

Pardon me for asking but what is this Bust A Move you speak of?
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:45 pm

bust a groove 2 came out over here, it's the first one i played :P
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby VxJasonxV » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:10 am

Google is your friend, Krispy Kreme
BaG1: http://www.gamespot.com/ps/puzzle/busta ... eview.html
BaG2: http://www.gamespot.com/ps/puzzle/busta ... index.html

[edit]
Why in the world can't these freaking review sites classify them appropriately, or at least put it into 'simulation'?
Stupid inflexible software.

Though I guess I don't exact have the largest room to talk...
*looks around*
Yeah.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:43 am

Yeah 2 did come here sometime at the end of 2000. They were a very limited release but I actually did see one last year in a store......in St. Martin.

I loved those games but unfortunately I let my ex-girlfriend borrow both of them a few years ago and I've been trying to get them back for over a year and a half and now she took them them with her to college and everytime I ask about them she says that she'll never tell me where they are. Sorry I'm just royally pissed off about that.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:18 am

Seph (justin) you know what she did with it... Sold it for crack $$$... Funny thing is im not joking she would do that... Sephiroth1215 can vouch... You were lucky to get your Gamecube controller from her...
ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby MelBofRTF » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:03 pm

Jayveemon wrote:It's all about Kitty-N and the english version of her song in BaG 1. Greatest song ever.

WORD. You'd be surprised how many arguments I get into with people who think the Japanese version of the song is the greatest thing since sliced bread. BAH.

----

BUT... BUT...

Who here was lucky enough to play the ARCADE version of Bust-a-Groove in the US?

I was lucky enough to have played a machine @ Gameworks (when it was still in business @ Milpitas). Wow, that setup was uber! The speakers were blasted so loud, you could hear it clearly like... 500 feet away in the food court of the Great Mall!

The gameplay mechanics were essentially the same, except there were 3 buttons (Up, Left, Right) and a foot pedal was the Down button, so to speak. The only thing that was kinda' ass was that the only way to stun your opponent was by looking at the screen and waiting for a signal that said "JAM" (I think). You'd then hit the JAM button on your side of the game. However, as you can guess, this led to people parking one hand on the JAM button and all it became was a game of fast reflexes, not necessarily skill in finishing combos.

The thing that sucked (sort of) was that they changed damn near everyone's "secret combo" during individual dances. Only Heat's was the same. Me and some friends had to figure out everyone else's by trial and error. (Gas-O = U, R, D, L, U, R, D, L) WTF?!?! (2) 360s?

Ah, memories of having a 90-minute unbeaten streak at the arcade.

(Yes, I'm an uber BaM/BaG freak. I own all 4 versions of the game (Screw Dance Summit 2001. That franchise lost a fan once that dropped.) -- I even have all the keychains from BaM and BaM 2. Hell, if I ever was into cosplaying, I'd be the greatest Hamm ever. XD
MelBofRTF
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby VxJasonxV » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:45 pm

There was an arcade version?

WHAT???

Oh, and...
All *four* versions? I'm assuming you mean:
BaG1 / BaG2 / BaG AC / Dance Summit 2001 ?
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby MelBofRTF » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:24 am

VxJasonxV wrote:There was an arcade version?

WHAT???

Oh, and...
All *four* versions? I'm assuming you mean:
BaG1 / BaG2 / BaG AC / Dance Summit 2001 ?

Ah, more BaG1 / BaG2 / BaM1 / BaM2 --
MelBofRTF
Website Staff
Website Staff

Next

Return to Console Gaming Chatter