Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

What is the best dancing game on the PS2?

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

What is the best dancing game on the PS2?

Postby ZaBlanc » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:38 am

I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I'm desiring a two-player dance game and I don't want to have a dance party with Mariox Mix for obvious reasons. (Too easy, too laaaaaaaaame...)

So, I'm thinking about buying a PS2, a dance game, and two mats...plus it gives me a reason to finally buy Katamari which I love very much. :-)

My question is...what is the BEST dance game available on the PS2? I'm looking for something that gives a good challenge, with a smattering of easy and very hard levels. I also like good Japanapop and techno and that kind of music.

Please advise! :-)
ZaBlanc
New Listener
New Listener

Postby krispykreme » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:35 pm

Check out In The Groove PS2. Its really awesome.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:34 pm

The BEST dance game on US PS2 is without a doubt DDR Extreme 2. Almost every song on there is good with a nice smooth interface and look. There is also plenty to do with all the advanced modes and dance master is very well done. If you can play JP games I would have to say Extreme JP, but I assume not.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:19 pm

Its truly a matter of preferance. Lookup the songlists and the songs themselves. ITG is quite difficult, but most of the music is lame and has bad load times on PS2. DDR Extreme 2 Has great licenses and some good KO's, but not too many nutso hard songs.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby krispykreme » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:00 pm

tweak_ wrote:Its truly a matter of preferance. Lookup the songlists and the songs themselves. ITG is quite difficult, but most of the music is lame and has bad load times on PS2. DDR Extreme 2 Has great licenses and some good KO's, but not too many nutso hard songs.
I really like the music on ITG personally. Especially all of Kyle W. stuff.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:10 pm

krispykreme wrote:
tweak_ wrote:Its truly a matter of preferance. Lookup the songlists and the songs themselves. ITG is quite difficult, but most of the music is lame and has bad load times on PS2. DDR Extreme 2 Has great licenses and some good KO's, but not too many nutso hard songs.

You win. Kyle's is the only stuff on there I like. well, and ITG1 zigzag. Vertex^2 is bleh.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Cool

Postby ZaBlanc » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Sounds cool...I ended up going for DDRMAX2 -- tho I'll likely buy more in the future and I'll go with In The Groove and DDR Extreme 2. I'm loving my new purchase! My first rhythm game since PaRappa when I had a PS a looooooooong time ago. :-)

Thanks all!
ZaBlanc
New Listener
New Listener

Postby krispykreme » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:11 am

tweak_ wrote:
krispykreme wrote:

You win. Kyle's is the only stuff on there I like. well, and ITG1 zigzag. Vertex^2 is bleh.
The ITG2 stuff is a lot better. But ZigZag, well, a lot of people thing that Kyle is really ZigZag.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:05 pm

I read on DDRFreak that he wasnt, but im not sure.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby krispykreme » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:26 pm

tweak_ wrote:I read on DDRFreak that he wasnt, but im not sure.
Well, supposedly someone by the name of "Andy" is ZigZag. But i have friends who are close with Kyle and they say its probably Kyle pulling everybody's leg.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:35 pm

Not a bad choice with Max2, the KOs were poorly chosen but the game is perfect for beginners with the difficulty and a good amount of well known songs.

You don't have to rush to buy new mixes, just wait till you're board with the one you have and get a new one. I personally replay my games till ITG comes out in summer and that holds me over until the new DDR mixes come out. I always look forward to the new DDR mixes every year and I am a little excited about ITG2 since it does have better songs in it.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:54 am

I agree, grab DDREX2 (get the bundle if possible, though I don't know how well the KO pad holds up to extended wear and tear, I lucked out and got an ignition 2.0 for christmas two years ago, and it hasn't failed me yet!) and stick with that till Konami releases SuperNOVA on consoles... (There hasn't been a peep about a home release, but you never know...)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby tweak_ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:21 am

I think DDR's popularity in America will last for a few years, which means Im pretty sure we can look forward to more arcade mixes/home conversions.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:48 pm

Supernova will most likely get a home release since there is one every year and it will be easy to just take the interface and song list and put it into PS2. ITG2 has the menu that will be on the PS2 version built right in the arcade version to make the conversion as simple as can be.

The future of the home versions is looking very bright. ITG2 will mostlikely have all the new songs, some old songs, and a few ITG3 songs making a big songlist. The next DDR will probably just follow the old japanese way of putting on all new songs with some old and a preview of the next mix.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:55 pm

sephiroth1215 wrote:The future of the home versions is looking very bright. ITG2 will mostlikely have all the new songs, some old songs, and a few ITG3 songs making a big songlist. The next DDR will probably just follow the old japanese way of putting on all new songs with some old and a preview of the next mix.

So ITG just does what DDR has been doing?And I hope ITG2 PS2 comes out in the summer like 1 did. Fills the void to the fall PS2/Xbox ddr releases.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Next

Return to Console Gaming Chatter