Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

My thoughts on the 360 so far

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

My thoughts on the 360 so far

Postby sephiroth1215 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:02 pm

I finally got around to playing PDZ and having no problems. The details on the graphics are amazing!!! The rest of it only seems ok until PS3 will blow it away. Live is a lot better and I think that any other console could never compete when it comes to going online. There are many useful features I like especially since it will connect to a windows PC to play music and pictures. I don't have media center so I'm not sure how that is but it sounds useful. Overall I'm enjoying it and suggest PDZ for anyone who will be getting one soon.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:13 am

The part that I'm hung up on:
I can't seem to think of what PDZ stands for.

[edit]
OH DUH PERFECT DARK ZERO HURR HURR GOOD JOB JASON
>_>
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Sakurina » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:33 am

VxJasonxV wrote:The part that I'm hung up on:
I can't seem to think of what PDZ stands for.

[edit]
OH DUH PERFECT DARK ZERO HURR HURR GOOD JOB JASON
>_>

Before reading your post, I thought it was Pure DragonBall Z. Then I read your post and realized two things. It's not that, and there was a B missing from PDBZ. :/

Plus, that game doesn't exist. GO ME!
Sakurina
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordkaosu » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:27 pm

haha, I keep thinking Panzer Dragoon Zwei myself. I get real excited thinking there's a Panzer Dragoon game on the 360, then I realise it's only Perfect Dark.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:19 pm

Yeah sorry I assumed everyone would think Perfect Dark. Anyway it is a really addictive game and I haven't had this much fun playing a FPS in years. You would really like it if you like FPSs but don't like Halo since it's a lot different. Geometry Wars is also really addictive.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby lordkaosu » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:45 pm

Everyone should think Perfect Dark, that's what's funny. I think it's just because it's been so long since the last PD game came out, it really isn't an establisted series, just a game or 2 so far, so it's not the first thing folks think of. But there's plenty already using PDZ.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:59 pm

Yeah I guess it has been a while. When it first came out I was at the end of 7th grade and now I'm in college.......it actually seems like it was a long time ago since I went through all of high school before the next game.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:39 pm

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention that the controller is one of the best ever IMO. It's simple and very comfortable. I have a problem with how the left and right buttons were done and I always forget that there are ones above the triggers.

P.S.- Geometry wars is the sex!!!!!
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

My Thoughts

Postby robbway » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:30 pm

I haven't had a crash or black-screen-of-death. Games: PGR3, Kameo, Ridge Racer 6. None of these games offer any new concepts to videogames nor stand head-and-shoulders above current games. The textures are amazingly detailed and the sheer amount of animated objects in Kameo shows the processing power.

On the negative side, there are no improvements to load time. There should be, with increased disc and RAM access speed. I guess its the price you pay for detail.

I expect the 360 will replace the PSP in 2006 as the "where are the games?" whipping-boy. Other than King Kong (which is on other systems, too), most remaining games don't interest me.

Xbox Live Arcade: I played the pre-installed Hexxic a lot more times than is healthy. The game is deeper than you think. An unlucky bomb can end any game suddenly. I tried that "Mutant" game demo, which I think won an Independent Developer award this year. It is plays similarly to Geometry Wars 2. It is an excellent download, especially "try before you buy." Geometry Wars 2 is in PGR3, but you can't play it in Live Arcade. I recommend against buying it if you own PGR3.

The real question is: Will MS recall the power cords again?
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:39 pm

Sounds like a standard launch so far.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Sakurina » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 pm

Okay, so a friend at school got a 360 and returned it. She couldn't stand it crashing all the time.

Need for Speed Most Wanted is the only game she owned but she was pissed off that everytime she turned a corner, the video started flickering madly and white lines started scrolling. She then tried with other 360 games and failed as well.

So today at school she told everyone to not buy a 360... Not like I was going to anyways.
Sakurina
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:01 am

This always happens though. It will happen with PS3 and Revolution. But I have 1st generation systems for almost everything and it all works fine *knock on wood*. The only thing that ever broke was my Genesis, and that was the 2nd model.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:25 pm

i know you dont have a Sega CD justin im sure of that... or unless Flehfleh tried to steal yours too
ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:44 pm

sephiroth1215 wrote:This always happens though. It will happen with PS3 and Revolution. But I have 1st generation systems for almost everything and it all works fine *knock on wood*. The only thing that ever broke was my Genesis, and that was the 2nd model.

I dunno if I'd say it happens for Nintendo, they have the best track record out of anyone(well, except for their shitty design to the original NES). Sure, a few things go wrong with them here and there but they are generally kept much more quiet then anyone else.

I still have an original PS2 that works fine. I've played lots of dvd's on it and all.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: My Thoughts

Postby robbway » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:12 am

robbway wrote:Geometry Wars 2 is in PGR3, but you can't play it in Live Arcade. I recommend against buying it if you own PGR3.

The real question is: Will MS recall the power cords again?

To refute my own comment, Geometry Wars 2 in PGR3 is a 4-minute demo--not the full game. If you survive to 4 minutes, the game ends. If you download it for Live, you can play longer than 4 minutes.

I personally think this was a cheap shot, because it should've been in PGR3 for export to Live as well as downloadable for players who hate racing sims.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Return to Console Gaming Chatter