Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Taking the PS2 online

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Taking the PS2 online

Postby lordkaosu » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:37 am

I have a problem getting my PS2 online. So far the only game I have for it that goes online is SSX 3 so I'm not sure if it's just this game or not. It gets on fine, but it takes 15-20 minutes. Where is hangs up is during the "Authenticating DNAS data" screen.

I'm not sure at all what's hanging it up, the PS2 detects being online just fine. I'm really at a loss here. I rarely use it since I have Live instead. I've never had a problem with Live either so why the PS2 is hanging up like this I just can't figure out.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:46 am

Just curious.
Is SSX 3 a burned copy?
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Sakurina » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:34 pm

It's most likely port forwarding issues. I had the same problem with Ex2 before unblocking the specific port for it. Check the SSX 3 manual and see which port needs to be unblocked, then unblock it on your router and enjoy.
Sakurina
Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:49 pm

VxJasonxV wrote:Just curious.
Is SSX 3 a burned copy?

Nah, it's original. PS2 is unmodded and all, it's one of the big old ones though.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:54 pm

Sakurina wrote:It's most likely port forwarding issues. I had the same problem with Ex2 before unblocking the specific port for it. Check the SSX 3 manual and see which port needs to be unblocked, then unblock it on your router and enjoy.

I actually don't have the manual for the game, I got is on the "clearence rental" section at Hastings when it first came out and unfortunately the manual wasn't included.

I did look at putting the modem in DMZ mode for the PS2 but it only allows 1 DNS address in there at a time. I already have my XBox put in there(it works without being in there most of the time, but I get a lot of "cannot conect with users" messages in Burnout when it isn't sometimes). It'd be a hassle to have to keep changing DNS' for each system.

There is another spot for port forwarding though, I'll look around to see if I can't find the ports that need to be in there and see if it helps. It may be the PS2 itself. I remember when I put in the setup disc for the modem it took a long ass time to connect as well, so it may not be just SSX3. I'll have to go through the paperwork maybe. I just found it odd that I've never had a problem with the XBox and assumed the PS2 should come off just as easy.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Return to Console Gaming Chatter