Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Just got SSX On Tour

Come chat about the console games that you are playing!

Just got SSX On Tour

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:56 pm

Ive been a big SSX fan since it first came out... And i must say its pretty good... The Animation style which remindes me of Napoleon Dynamite is odd as hell... You can fully Customize you character this time and i even managed to customize someone who looks exactly like me... I like how the incorperated Sking this time around... The areas are a bit more realistic than the past games... You have to deal with other people on the slops (n00bs what i call them) that range from groups of people learning how to ski or snowboard to kids in inner tubes to casual boarders and skiers... The missions in the On Tour feature are a little lame but ive only played the game for about 2 hours so im sure theres better stuff to come... My one Big dissapointment in the game so far is the lack of an initial Free Ride or Free roam feature that the past games had... You pretty much have to unlock it a while into the game which isnt too bad... But I liked just going down and entire mountain for about a half an hour when i first got the game to just try everything out... A slight dissapointment is that there was no training mode to figure out the controls and such... I dont have a problem with that since most of the moves are the same but im sure this will anger some people trying to figure out how to do a Handplant or trick on a rail... Since ive played these games for a while i knew what to do.... I enjoyed SSX3 alot and i would probally rank this one a little below 3 but its still a great game... As far as snowboarding games its great but it doesnt rank higher than my favorite Snowboarding game of all time Cool Boarders 2.... As a side note for whoever plays this if you listen to the announcer during the opening to the big matches he sounds just like the announcer in Cool Boarders.... anyways great game

my grade: 8/10
ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Console Gaming Chatter