Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

DDR Supernova

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

Postby DarkSakura » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:52 am

Konami's going to have pictures of puppies and kitties and bunnies and Jesus so that they don't get sued by the heads-up-their-arse Conservative Fundamentalists.

Emphasis on the 'MENTAL'.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:12 pm

DarkSakura wrote:Konami's going to have pictures of puppies and kitties and bunnies and Jesus so that they don't get sued by the heads-up-their-arse Conservative Fundamentalists.

Emphasis on the 'MENTAL'.

But wouldn't the Jesus pictures warrant a lawsuit from the "Dance Dance Praise" people? :P

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkSakura » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:35 pm

Konami can counter-sue them for stealing the idea in the first place.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby krispykreme » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:49 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:But wouldn't the Jesus pictures warrant a lawsuit from the "Dance Dance Praise" people? :P

DT

What is DDP?? :?
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:31 pm

Diamond Dallas Page was a famous wrestler in the WCW era. He was a 3(? I think) time Heavyweight champion and a 2-time TV champion.
His patented finishing move, the D-

Oops, wrong DDP.

http://www.digitalpraise.com/flash.php <-- Hover your mouse over 'Games' then click Dance Praise.

Having said that, it's just DANCE PRAISE. ONLY ONE DANCE!
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:08 pm

DarkSakura wrote:Konami can counter-sue them for stealing the idea in the first place.

Y'know, I'm surprised they haven't already...

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:56 am

Maybe they know that it's pointless and won't sell 10 copies.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:54 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:Maybe they know that it's pointless and won't sell 10 copies.

Indeed... Also I saw that PS2 game that codemasters is doing, god it looks like crap... (worse than the many flash versions I've seen... hell it's right down there with the crappy 'dance 2000' bootleg rom for the NES, if you can believe that.)

But to steer things back on to SuperNOVA... ATEI approaches! (3 more days!!)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Sai-kun » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:33 pm

I actually already emailed teh maelbahg about this, but..XD

I WANT SOME DAMN UM3/EX2/EX1/UM2/1 STUFF >:O

Examples would be: EX1: MAXIMIZER. That song rocks so hard. XDD
EX2: Seduction, Genie In A Bottle
UM 1: trip Machine -Luv Mix-
UM 2: .59 remix, M300SMMM
UM3: Evolution, STRONG JAEGAR, Outer Limits (AI Mix), 250bpm, and lots of other stuff. O_o

One thing I forgot to mention in the email: KEEP THE REST OF THE SONGS FROM THE EX ARCADE.

Except the ones that suck. Like We WIll ROck You. Yeah. THrow that out. :<
This is how it all beginS
Sai-kun
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:52 pm

Well, somehow I don't think we'll be getting everything from EXAC, trust me on this one. But I am sure we'll see some old favorites from all the console releases thus far (with the likely exceptions of Disney and Mario mixes, given their license-specific nature.)

But almost anything else is fair game, I assume.

My only hope is that they include PS2 memslots for reading edit data.

Hell let's make it fun, post 5 songs you'd like to see:

5. Aoi Shodou (Blue Impulse) / NAOKI feat. YUKI / DDR Extreme - probably the closest to a AAA I've gotten on an arcade machine.

4. Gamelan de Couple / Tomosuke / DDR Extreme/Ultramix 3/Mambo a Gogo - granted my first FS was a disaster, but I'd still play this song in the arcade... :P

3. Sky High / Lucyfer / DDR 4th Mix - I always felt 60FPS/Max-era DDR was sorely lacking in a high-energy track such as this. (Granted I haven't played much of the ultramixes so maybe I'm missing a song, feel free to correct me. P)

2. Rainbow Flyer / dj TAKA / DDR Ultramix 3/IIDX 8th Style - I remember playing a stepmania file for this song that worked out pretty well, although I haven't tried konami's official steps, I wonder if they're any good.

1. Destiny / Vanessa Mae / Dancemania FantasiA - Just ask skie, he knows what I'm talking about... :P (see also White Bird -Airscape Mix- which also has vocals, and might even be better suited due to the vocals... just stay away from the JS16 version, yuck.)

I just thought it'd give us something to do till tues. when more Supernova news rolls out at ATEI.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby letshavetea » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:48 am

How about Marathon Songs again like in DDR 5th?.... those were amazingly hard and fun

i mean.... Rythem and Police for 3 minutes?.... insane!

Honestly though... they need stuff from video games ported over... like they did with the Gradius theme in DDRU2 that was an awesome song... and the step edit masters for STep Mania have stepped a hell of a lot of video game music that rules....

I want to get a ITG theme for SM..... i would find that funny anyone have a link for one?.... possibly a link for one for a really old release? (the one on my xbox :P)
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:51 pm

letshavetea wrote:How about Marathon Songs again like in DDR 5th?.... those were amazingly hard and fun

i mean.... Rythem and Police for 3 minutes?.... insane!

I dunno... I heard complaints about how rep

Honestly though... they need stuff from video games ported over... like they did with the Gradius theme in DDRU2 that was an awesome song... and the step edit masters for STep Mania have stepped a hell of a lot of video game music that rules....

Well, given the popularity of those games, I'm sure they might find their way into SuperNOVA.

I want to get a ITG theme for SM..... i would find that funny anyone have a link for one?.... possibly a link for one for a really old release? (the one on my xbox :P)

I'm sure someone has done one, though I wouldn't know where to find it, sorry.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Sai-kun » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:10 pm

Aside from my other bunch...XD...

5. Butterfly (upSwing Mix) // DDREX2 // Just because this song is so much faster//better//harder//awesomer than the original. n.n

4. Tomorrow // DDREX2 // because this song is just a good song to dance to. And it rocks. n.n

3. Sana Molette ne Ente (BLT Style) // DDREX2/UM1 // Because it's faster than the original. And it sounds nice, too. :D

2. MAX.(period) // DDREXJP // Just to silence the people who are all like "omg macksperiod plss!!"

1. Max 300 Super-Max-Me-Mix // DDRUM2 // Just because they can =/
This is how it all beginS
Sai-kun
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:14 pm

Well, ATEI is here! and with it came SuperNOVA! Check out my front page post to see the first songlist (Including the brand new MAX!)

What do you guys think of the list so far? And that interface, wow...

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby LOKI » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:15 pm

Me and Dancefreak were the FIRST two people on the WORLD to play on the SuperNova!!!

We got there at 9am, before it had even officially opened, so we had a WHOLE hour to play on it!

First things first it has a KILLER theme, its bright red with lots of wireframe, has EVERY 10 footer except max period, PLUS all the originals from DS Max/Extreme 2, and a large handful of new songs, the first thing you notice is the new select mode screen, you have single versus and double plus an unknown 4th option where the symbol is two arrows facing each other, im assuming its unison or battle but dont quote me on that, I'll find out later.

Anonther thing you notice is that after you select a style you can choose :
All songs
Tutorial
Easy
Medium
Difficult

Pressing down on difficult reveals nonstop and challenge mode!!!!!
none of these modes are selectable except all songs.

Song select screen:

Think DS Max but red and wired, the first song is long train running but its the Xtreme version, not the bus stop version. Ive noticed a shortage of licenses so far but ive been told they are still working on them, and all the licenses are in fact dancemania, they have toxic by helen and what a wonderful world by beatbox and someone else.

Options screen:

All the usual mods BUT on the select skin for your arrows its default is vivid, right on that you get flat, right on that you get rainbow which is basically solo, right on that you get NOTE! you can also turn all jumps off or just have them as single steps and little has now been renamed to CUT.

Gameplay screen:

You have like a 3-D wireframe dancefloor with a random cyber dancing character, like baby-lon with a headset on, all the older songs have the original videos so far, like your rain and tommorow.

Restults:

Again not much to say here, no marvelous as of yet and the perfect window is huge, I AAA'ed one of the new songs, (Red zone) on basic 6 (First AAA in the world XD) but I noticed its stil 5th mix grading

The good stuff:

LOTS Of new ko's, there is a 10 which barely qulaifies as a 10 more like an 8 because me and ricky (Tsugaru03/Stardragon04) FC'ed it barless first try.

The songlist spans OVER 300 SONGS approx! Thats got to make you all happy, no sorting yet though but I assume they will implement that later.

New songs that I can tell you about:

Long train running - Xtreme
A Love like this - Pandera
Toxic (Company edit) - Helen
What a wonderful world - (Beatbox ft DJ Miko)
Curus - D-Crew
Dragon blade - Kozo Nakamuro (I cant see the spelling very clear on the video)
Happy * Angel - Jun
Mugen - Terra (10 Foot but shouldnt be)
Nijiiro - Cant see the artist
Red zone - Tatsh and naoki
Xepher - Tatsh
konako no nanatsu no okwaini - Asaki
Moon - Dj Taka ft erika
No. 13 - Taka (Respect for JSB)
Centaur - Jimmy Wekcl
Ska Ska No.3 - Again I cant see the artist
Murmur Twins - See above
Fly away -Chiyotio
Innocence of silence - NC Ft nrg factory (We think this is the DS Max Backgroudn music for select a mode

Calico Cat rock (Mikeniko rocks official name )

Ki-Se-Ki - be 4 you

Doll - Terra
Isputureusti (DDR Version) - Akira yamaoka oh and if we spelt that wrong, we tried.

Unconfirmed :

We assume max period is on here but as an unlock because when we recorded the first songlist some songs werent there than on our second credit.

The extra stage :

Now we know the limit is 7 foot AA it might just be anything on expert but 7 is the lowest I've tried. and getting extra stage gives you the most BS Max song ever, rating in at about 2 minutes 5 seconds, worthy of a 13 foot ITG style, the bpm keeps changing from 400-200-100 with stops everywhere and over 600 steps!

Fascination MaXX!!! - 100-200-400

This song is stupidly hard, nobody has passed it yet, only me and ricky have seen the ending because it was on fail end of song when we got in, we can say that the final run is at 400 bpm with jumps thrown in at random.

A Quote from the leaflet that Konami has been handing out: "Supernova is sure to blow the competition away!!"

Oh, and there's also plans for a Dancing Stage Super Nova home version Very Happy

A nice clean shot of the interface
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/ ... xpo011.jpg

Ranking screen
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/ ... xpo016.jpg

Mode Select
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/ ... xpo010.jpg

Select style
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/ ... xpo009.jpg

I'm fucking digging this so far. Joygasmic
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent