Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

DDR Supernova

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

Postby TheAmplidude » Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

No, it's just that your combo builds so fast that it must seem a little late.

So Deep has a combo of exactly 500 and you hear the announcer say "500 combo!" while you're holding the last freeze.
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat May 13, 2006 11:52 pm

No it's only for every game after extreme US including JP releases. Even if you end combo when announcement should occur you still get the message when you are good into a new combo (of course this differs on the song and how close the steps are). .If not you should at least hear a cut off announcement. This is just one of those things that bother me because.......I'm like that and I can't help but to feel bothered. This is honestly something can be fixed as long as everything could be in sync.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby krispykreme » Tue May 16, 2006 10:57 am

I learned last week that my local arcade will be upgrading to something in august. I'm assuming that its going to be supernova but it might be itg2 or itg3 (if thats out by then)
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby NoirUnicorn » Wed May 17, 2006 4:50 pm

DDR Supernova is ready for shiping. I guess that USA will get The First wave, Canada will Get the Second and Third wave sometime in the fall.
NoirUnicorn
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed May 17, 2006 4:54 pm

NoirUnicorn wrote:DDR Supernova is ready for shiping. I guess that USA will get The First wave, Canada will Get the Second and Third wave sometime in the fall.

Well I've already heard two locations in the US have it already (one in TX, and one in Disneyland in CA) so keep checking your local arcade it should arrive any day now.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:51 pm

That's weird I thought one would pop up in one of the states near me would get it since Betson is based in NJ (that's why there's the most randomly placed beta machine in NJ). I'm still excited for this release but it always dies down since we never get any machines in the area, I live in one of the richest counties in all of the US too (I think the 2nd), westchester. Yet we have the crappiest arcades.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby TheAmplidude » Thu May 18, 2006 7:34 am

There's a Betson distributor in Pittsburgh that's supposed to get ONE machine in, and my arcade just happens to be first on the list. :D

It's only a matter of time..
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri May 19, 2006 1:32 am

Heh I'm thinking about asking my local bowling alley if maybe they can ask for a superNOVA. We have ITG2 and I think it does well but the bowlers don't like it even though it's very hard to hear just playing it. I guess it couldn't hurt though since they don't pay for the machines. If not I'll have to ask somewhere else.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:17 pm

So yeah, its making the rounds, and we got one here in michigan, the first in the state. Ive played most of the new songs, and have yet to notice a syncing issue, although the perfect timing window is definitly smaller. The pads are stiff, but definitly getting worn in pretty quick. Also: NO MEMORY CARDS. theres a net ranking for each course, and individual song high scores(8 characters, but the score only comes up on the loading screen after you select the song.) But its definitly a good time.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby hitstun » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:27 pm

Yup, Columbus finally got its first DDR Supernova yesterday at the local GameWorks. Is it just me, or are Supernova's step patterns way harder than Extreme's? I noticed a lot more syncopation and some wicked steps. I wouldn't be suprised if there were some PIU hand hits in there somewhere. Great game, and now I have a good reason to go back to that arcade regularly.
ImageImage
hitstun
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:43 pm

Idk with this new mix my skills have gone down... ALOT... I dont know any of the newer songs (mostly because i havent played IIDX Red or any of the Ultramixes)... And because of that ive gone back to concintrating more on the arrows and not the music at all (like i did when i started) ... Im going to have to DL all the new songs and listen to them a bunch so i can familiarize myself with the beat, vocal, and symph patterns.... Needless to say that its been pretty aggravating lately going from a high perfect attack ratio and getting A's regularly to getting C's and just outright failing songs...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby TheAmplidude » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:53 am

Am I the only one let down by SN? Sure, it was fun for the first week or two. I can't get over the fact that it's not a very well made game. Some of the syncing issues and sound glitches are a major setback for this game. Some songs I was reaaally excited to play (Midnight Special, Rainbow Rainbow, Mind Parasite, murmur twins) and a lot of them were just bad step patterns and off beat syncing issues. And then half of the old songs are offbeat as well. But then you have an issue where even the songs that are onbeat can be offsynced by some glitch that makes for really unconsistant syncing. Over the 10 times I've probably played Max-Me-Mix (awesome song btw), half of the times I played it, it was off by almost a half beat. One time I played Love is Orange and I got over 100 greats, then played it again and got 3.

And oh, HealingDVision is the worst excuse for a new DDR song I've ever seen in my life. Actually, it's not even a song. It's just fucking noise coming out of the machine. FaxX is okay, I've started to like Chaos as well. Extra stage and OMES are really retarded in this game. I mean, it was challenging for me to get OMES on Extreme (AA'ing LOM extra stage) and in SuperNOVA, all you have to do is practically pass HealingDVision, which takes almost no skill whatsoever..

So far we haven't even unlocked anything. I was hoping to see some new characters and songs, but nothing yet. I'm starting to wonder what unlocks there are, if any.

So what, Konami plans to release an upgrade that will fix the syncing issues and give us a new song. I don't think that makes up for the stupid mistakes they made putting the game out in the first place. Maybe I'll play more when it's fixed, but I really have no inspiration to play anymore. I don't even go for SuperNOVA AAA's anymore, the only song I have AAA'd right now is MOON. (great song btw)

Ranking system is cool but needs to be fixed. It's too bad you have to start the song before you see the highscore. But I suppose any other way would have resembled ITG too much.

Sorry Konami, but I'm sticking with Extreme. SuperNOVA nearly killed DDR for me.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to let it out eventually. :lol:
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:41 am

Well they were trying to release the game for us for the summer. The game wasn't complete yet so the game is released in a near finished version. Many are playing it anyway and play A LOT So maybe they were right to launch an unfinished version, if we didn't get these machines everyone would just be bitching and complaining that we don't know when the game is coming out and we get the game last.

About unlocking songs- unlocks are obviously not introduced till the update so I don't see why people keep trying.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby TheAmplidude » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:24 pm

I'm just really disapointed by Konami's latest attempts at DDR games. Even the japanese versions (after Extreme) have really sucked IMO.
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:01 am

What about UM2 and EX2? Those are great mixes especially if you don't have the songs on EX2 from Jp mixes.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Bemani Discussion