Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

DDR Supernova

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:23 am

Don't worry you don't have to be a member, I had no trouble viewing it.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Sakurina » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:36 pm

To download it, you need to be a member.
To view it, you don't but they're forcing Windows Media Player.

Long story short: Gamespot is retarded.
Sakurina
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Sai-kun » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:58 pm

Konami better not **** this up. Like I said in a e-mail I sent to t3h mailbag, I don't want the EX machine here to be replaced with a piece of shit machine. If they take EX out and we've got Super Crapva on our hands...eh..=/..I dunno. I guess...I could deal with it, but I'd rather have a really nice machine with kickass music on it. XD I dunno where I'm going with this..but I guess the main thing is:

DON'T SCREW IT UP, KONAMI.

Like you did at BZN :(
This is how it all beginS
Sai-kun
Supporter
Supporter

Postby tweak_ » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:02 pm

BZN?

And think people-The machine thats touring is a early machine...AND THE SAME ONE. It in no way represents the final code. Remember EX US demos?
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:39 pm

Well so far so good in terms for the song list. It's just going to be a pain in the ass to try and get somewhere around me to switch the entire extreme out for a brand new machine. (no I will not settle for just an upgrade)

EDIT: I heard that the japanese verson is confirmed to use eAmuse cards. I wonder what that would mean for us.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:52 pm

Wow this topic sure did die.

I was thinking recently that I hope that this means that the home version will have stages again. I personally liked them a lot because it had that arcade feel to it. It doesn't hurt anyone since you can always just put it on event.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:32 am

sephiroth1215 wrote:Wow this topic sure did die.

I was thinking recently that I hope that this means that the home version will have stages again. I personally liked them a lot because it had that arcade feel to it. It doesn't hurt anyone since you can always just put it on event.

Well we haven't heard any additional info since the game's latest round of location tests. I'd bet on seeing more of the game at E3 in May though... (And most likely our hosts will return to the hallowed halls of E3 again this year, to report their findings...)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DJTyrant » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:16 pm

I did get to play it at the location test at Boomer's and I was very happy with it. Being a dance game player who moved from DDR -> ITG pretty much immediatly when ITG came out I honestly didn't have huge hopes for the game.

The game is pretty good, but it seems very typical "ddr". Not that it is a bad thing really. It's just I'd like to see some innovation similar to ITG (more challenging step charts, new type of stepcharts: see Oasis Expert). The songlist is nice with some picks from the console versions and a lot from IIDX/GF/DM. The step charts were "typical" DDR stepcharts that I found a little bland, but the game overall is fun.

Taking everything I played with a grain of salt because of it being a pre-Beta or whatever, I think it has a lot of potential. If the grading system is looked at, and the stepcharts looked at for more variety, it definetly can be a winner. The overall look of the game is amazing, it is definetly a step up from Extreme and it looks like they're finally trying to get some new hardware in the machine.

ITG will still be popular but I think SuperNOVA is a great follow-up/replacement for the ancient DDR Extreme.
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:22 am

DJTyrant wrote:I did get to play it at the location test at Boomer's and I was very happy with it. Being a dance game player who moved from DDR -> ITG pretty much immediatly when ITG came out I honestly didn't have huge hopes for the game.

The game is pretty good, but it seems very typical "ddr". Not that it is a bad thing really. It's just I'd like to see some innovation similar to ITG (more challenging step charts, new type of stepcharts: see Oasis Expert). The songlist is nice with some picks from the console versions and a lot from IIDX/GF/DM. The step charts were "typical" DDR stepcharts that I found a little bland, but the game overall is fun.

Taking everything I played with a grain of salt because of it being a pre-Beta or whatever, I think it has a lot of potential. If the grading system is looked at, and the stepcharts looked at for more variety, it definetly can be a winner. The overall look of the game is amazing, it is definetly a step up from Extreme and it looks like they're finally trying to get some new hardware in the machine.

ITG will still be popular but I think SuperNOVA is a great follow-up/replacement for the ancient DDR Extreme.

DDR is not suppose to have super hard steps like ITG, it is simply aimed at just having fun and if you want a challenge go try to AAA everything. The step charts in DDR are actually smarter they don't just go to the music and follow their own pattern.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:01 am

DJTyrant wrote:(more challenging step charts, new type of stepcharts: see Oasis Expert)
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby tweak_ » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:26 am

Face it people-The location test machine is porbably post beta, I.E. almost finished. Little will change but licenses, sync on some songs, and a slight chance at the grading, if enough people keep bitching about the grading, they may change it. But dont expect major stepchart or graphic changes.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DJTyrant » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:24 pm

There are going to be major stepchart changes I believe because there we slots for "challenge" steps for all the songs but only two had used them. If Konami is smart they will make some challenging step charts and put them in the game.

Everyone will differ in opinion about what is a good stepchart and whatnot. I personally think ITGs are inventive and fun, if you don't that's fine. I honestly find DDR's dull and boring for the most part (Fascination MAXX is fun).

I always play the game for fun and fun is very relative. I like pushing my body and seeing how much I can do. Honestly when I play DDR now I barely even break a sweat with a full set of hard 9s and a MAX thrown in.

DDR SuperNOVA will be fun, but we'll have to wait and see about the stepcharts and syncing.
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby tweak_ » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:28 pm

Stole this from bemanistyle-updated

Yep, theres a new location test so heres the current songlist with updates and all
Licenses

CENTERFOLD (130 BPM move it remix) / CAPTAIN JACK / 1/3/6/7 / 130 BPM
DA CAPO / ACE OF BASE / 1/3/5/7 / 138 BPM
DOESN'T REALLY MATTER / JANET JACKSON / 1/3/5/7 / 99 BPM
FEEL JUST LIKE IT SHOULD / LU MUSIC CREATION / 1/3/5/6 / ? BPM
GIRL IN A DAYDREAM / PANDORA / 1/3/5/6 / ? BPM
GIVE ME UP / LU MUSIC CREATION / 1/4/5/7 / 130 BPM
GOLDEN SKY / smile.dk / 1/3/5/6 / 135 BPM
I'll Make Love To You (Not confirmed yet) / ? / ?/?/?/? / ? BPM
JERK IT OUT / CAESARS / 1/5/6/7 / ? BPM
LA BAMBA / LU MUSIC CREATION / 1/4/6/7 / ? BPM
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT(Twin Masterplan Mix) / KYLIE MINOGUE / 1/3/5/7 / 136 BPM
MODERN GIRL / SHEENA EASTON / 1/3/4/6 / ? BPM
MR. DABADA (Groove Wonder Remix) / CARLOS JEAN / 1/3/5/7 / ? BPM
SURRENDER(YOUR LOVE) / JAVINE / 1/3/6/7 / ? BPM
WOOKIE WOOKIE / MACHOMAN / 1/4/5/8 / ? BPM
LONG TRAIN RUNNIN' / X-TREME / 1/4/6/7 / 34-138 BPM
A LOVE LIKE THIS / PANDORA / 1/3/6/7 / 127 BPM
TOXIC (FT company Edit) / HELEN / 1/4/6/7 / 143 BPM
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD / BEATBOX vs. DJ MIKO / 1/3/5/7 / 142 BPM

New Konami songs

HONEY♂PUNCH / 小坂りゆ / 1/3/4/7 / 175 BPM
PEACE(^^)v / BeForU / 1/2/5/6 / 142 BPM
華爛漫~Flowers~ / TЁЯRA / 1/4/6/8 / 160 BPM
My Only Shinning Star / NAOKI feat.Becky Lucinda / 1/3/5/6 / 155 BPM
Star Gate Heaven / Sy.SF feat.DONNA BURKE / 1/3/5/7 / ? BPM
TRUE LOVE / jun / 1/4/5/8 / 188 BPM
Baby's tears / MIKI ROBERTS / 2/3/5/7 / 180 BPM
Flow / Scotty.D ravicitied U1 / 3/4/6/8 / 140-280 BPM
MORNING GLORY / BeForU / 1/3/5/7 / 160 BPM
Fly away / ChiyoTio / 1/3/6/8 / 125 BPM
INNOCENCE OF SILENCE / nc ft.NRG Factory / 1/4/5/8 / 142 BPM

Bemani Crossovers

CAN'T STOP FALLIN' IN LOVE (super euro version) / NAOKI with Y&Co. / 1/3/5/6 / ? BPM
DYNAMITE RAVE (super euro version) / NAOKI with Y&Co. / 1/4/7/8 / ? BPM
AA / D.J.Amuro / 1/4/7/9 / 154 BPM
Drivin' / NAOKI feat.Paula Terry / 1/3/6/9 / 155 BPM
hunting foryou / TOGO PROJECT feat. MEGU & SCOTTY D. / 1/2/5/7 / 105 BPM
Quick Master / act deft / 1/4/6/7 / 147 BPM
rainbow rainbow / Ryu☆ / 1/2/4/7 / 177 BPM
TIERRA BUENA / WILMA DE OLIVEIRA / 1/4/5/8 / 115 BPM
Under the Sky / 南さやか(BeForU) / with platoniX / 1/1/3/7 / 170 BPM
男々道 / Des-ROW・組 / 1/4/6/8 / 156~160 BPM
カゲロウ / Des-ROW・組スペシアルr / 1/4/5/7 / 165 BPM
チカラ / BeForU / 1/3/5/8 / 190 BPM
月光蝶 / あさき / 1/3/5/7 / 218 BPM
怒れる大きな白い馬 / Morning Blue Dragon / 1/3/6/8 / 110~148 BPM
MONDO STREET / Orange Lounge / 1/4/6/7 / 180 BPM
cachaca / Mokky de Yah Yah's / 1/5/5/7 / 128 BPM
CURUS/ D-crew / 2/2/4/7 / 184-188 BPM
Dragon Blade / Kozo Nakamura / 2/5/6/8 / 240 BPM
HAPPY☆ANGEL / jun with TAHIRIH / 2/3/6/8 / 180 BPM
夢幻ノ光 / TERRA / 1/3/6/8 / 171 BPM
虹色 / DJ YOSHITAKA feat G.S.C license / 1/3/6/8 / 160 BPM
RED ZONE / Tatsh & NAOKI / 1/5/7/8 / 165 BPM
Xepher / Tatsh / 1/5/7/9/10 / 170 BPM
この子の七つのお祝いに / あさき / 1/5/7/9 / 161 BPM
MOON / dj TAKA feat.Erika Mochizuki / 1/3/5/7 / 156 BPM
No.13 / TAKA respect for J.S.B. / 1/4/7/9 / 172 BPM
CENTAUR / Jimmy Weckl / 1/4/7/8 140 BPM
Ska Ska No.3 / 亜熱帯マジ-SKA爆弾 / 1/3/5/7 / 138 BPM
murmur twins/ yu_tokiwa.djw / 1/2/6/7 / 174 BPM

Extra Stage

Fascination MAXX/ 100-200-400 / 3/9/9/10/10 / ? BPM
Healing-D-Vision / DE-STARD / 3/7/8/9/10 / ? BPM

One more extra

chaos / D≒SIR returnes / ?/?/?/10/10 / ? BPM

Oni courses

Boss Rush 1
Boss Rush 2
Boss Rush 3
Boss Rush 4
MAX of MAXX
NEW WORLD TOUR
SLOW DANCE
SUPER NOVA

Sorting Options

Defaul - ABC - BPM - TOP50 - Default

note: FM max oni, and more than one extra stage. AA better have a bad-ass stepchart.
Last edited by tweak_ on Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:34 pm

also stolen from there-

* The new machine was a red one, and it was placed where the Guitar Freaks/Drum Mania machines usually are, next to the IIDX machine
* It was 200 yen for 3 songs (Extra Stage/OneMoreExtraStage enabled)
* The title screen was the same as that from the AOU show 2006, but there was a "Test location" string written in the top-right of the screen
* The software version was A-A:200603090000 (I'm not positive on the number of 0s)

* The selectable modes were TUTORIAL、EASY、MEDIUM、DIFFICULT. By pressing the "right" button 2 times, the options : EXPERT、NONSTOP、CHALLENGE、ALL MUSIC were selectable. In each case, you had a 45 second limit at the selection screen (Noone picked Tutorial or Easy that day, so I couldn't confirm the time limites on those options)
* The selection screen (for songs) is divided up into categories for this mix. The sort order can be changed from default -> alphabetical -> BPM -> top 50 -> default. Sorting by difficulty is still not possible in this version

* The various categories the contain new songs are displayed in yellow, the new Konami originals are in purple, songs from the new Bemani series' are shown in orange, and older songs are displayed in white.
* You have 60 seconds to select a song, but the timer is slowed down while scrolling through the list, so it is possible to take your time selecting a song

* The good-cool songs from DDREX (I Was The One、Last Message、Spin the disc) and White Lovers were gone. However, "20, November" was still there
* The songs from the recent home mixes that weren't on any arcade mix were listed under "Konami Originals". I think all of the DanceManiaX songs from DDR Festival, the CS exclusives from the home version of DDR Extreme, etc. were there. Knock Out Regrets and Midnight Special from DDR Strike were there as well
* DoLL and Xepher use the same BG animation as on IIDX. Also, the BG animation used in murmur twins seems to be an edited/cropped down version of the original video from IIDX. The video for iFUTURELIST that was seen on the AOU 2006 version was not there. Also, the movie used in Graduation has changed from the Emi animation to a generic one.

* When selecting the "Road of men" (? Oni course?) there was no ??? (六さん) in the background (laughing)

* The rules for an AA were relaxed from the AOU 2006 version. You no longer need a full combo to get an AA

* The ExtraStage reveals two songs, Fascination MAXX and "Healing-D-Vision / DE-STARD”. However, I couldn't confirm they were selectable in ALL MUSIC mode
* Even when "Road of Men" was selected on MEDIUM mode, ??? (六さん) was not visible in the background
* Fascination MAXX and Healing-D-Vision were set to reverse x1.5 on the Extra Stage. (It seems that forcing these options since the AOU show 2006 version was revised)
* Fascination MAXX has new CHALLENGE steps (formerly knows as "oni"). However, these steps were not selectable at this time (rated as 10 feet, though)
* The ExtraStage at the AOU show 2006 restricted you to Fascination MAXX, but it seems all songs are selectable in this version
* Someone finished Healing-D-Vision with an A grade and got the OneMoreExtraStage. The OneMoreExtra song is “chaos / D≒SIR returns”, but I was only able to see the beginning, since it is "Game Over" once you get a GOOD or worse.

* The NONSTOP and CHALLENGE mode selection screens are layed out similar to that in DDR Extreme, but the difficulties are displayed under the song names in the style of DDR Strike
* The CHALLENGE mode courses I could see were NEW WORLD TOUR, MAX of MAXX, and Fujimori Sota
* The battery "life bar" in CHALLENGE mode is displayed in the same style as DDR FESTIVAL and STRIKE. When you lose a life bar, no sound is made, so it worries me that it is more difficult to know when your life bar goes down.
* In the course A→xenon→AA→RED ZONE, Your life guage only goes up by 1 after each stage
* After playing for a long time, it seemed strange, like the song and arrow timing started to go off.
* After finishing play, the same phrase from the AOU 2006 show about enjoying their product this summer was displayed.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:47 pm

Yeah I was happy to see some of the recent results. I love the fact that they changed the FC needed for AA. I hope this means that jumps will count as two again. Poor 321stars :(
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Bemani Discussion