Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Beatmania US

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

Postby Reenee » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:58 pm

Oh my god!

This game has an incredibly tight timing window. Greats and Perfects are like microseconds apart! Whoever can get constant Perfects has my respect!
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:14 am

OMG why do I have to keep hearing so much bashing (not any of you) but this is insane.

Anyway I finally got it and it is very hard to stay off it. I just need to try to keep myself from playing it so I can go through KHII first. I understand that this can't be too good compared to japan but I'm really happy that I'm finally able to play it so it is awesome in my eyes. It's a hell of a lot better than DDR US, when I got that I only played twice before not trying DDR again until MAXUS.

This brings me to my next point though....

I don't think Konami will really give up on this series here quite yet because of the DDR history:

DDR US: Sold practically nothing since there was no demand for it except for the ones who already play.

DDR Disney Mix: Uhhhhhh don't know what to say for this one but making a cheap DDR by using Disney to lure in others and it most likely failed.

DDR Konamix: Something quick for the fans with all KO's, but I'm not quite sure how well it did, probably not too good.

DDR MAX US: Bigger budget, more songs, and more to do. Konami really didn't want to give up yet and it paid off. Of course it didn't sell too much but at least average because......

DDR MAX2 & DDR Ultramix: MAX2 had a lot of licenses showing a large increase in budget and brought in many newcomers with bundling pads again and the easy difficulty. Ultramix was a little more aimed towards the fans with all the IIDX songs but with the rising community of xbox live a lot of random people bought it to play something new on live.

After all of that it was announced that DDR passed the 1 million selling point making it a priority to konami to release more. So there will most likely be more games coming soon and I really hope so because they will only get better. If we're lucky it will go the same path and we can get a konamix type of game soon followed by a new full mix. That would explain why they used 9th style like interface.

Ok that was a lot but I had a rant so there ya go. I'll probably post this to the gamefaqs n00bs too.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby krispykreme » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:10 am

Reenee wrote:Oh my god!

This game has an incredibly tight timing window. Greats and Perfects are like microseconds apart! Whoever can get constant Perfects has my respect!
I'll have certain times where I'll get all Perfects for a while. But yeah. It is hard. Took me about 30 minutes to get used to the window.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Reenee » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:35 pm

I'm still not used to it.

The difficulty takes a sharp turn whenever you attempt something worth 3 stars on Beginner/5key.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:45 pm

Reenee wrote:I'm still not used to it.

The difficulty takes a sharp turn whenever you attempt something worth 3 stars on Beginner/5key.
Huh. The songs that are less than 6 stars on Hyper seem somewhat easy for me. But has anyone else noticed the little jack on the side of the turn table? Its being covered by a cover thing. In the manual it says to leave it covered until it has a purpose. Wonder what its for.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:18 am

krispykreme wrote:But has anyone else noticed the little jack on the side of the turn table? Its being covered by a cover thing. In the manual it says to leave it covered until it has a purpose. Wonder what its for.
lol
The true sign of a IIDX noob. Doesn't even know what the port is for.

The cover is a removable cover for an RCA jack.
Should Konami ever decide to actually do a BMIII release (or otherwise, create a peripheral), it will plug into that part of the controller.

Konami Drum Mania controller owners can plug the foot pedal into that port (NOT THIRD PARTY CONTROLLERS! TOPWAY/THIRD PARTY CONTROLLERS USE A DIFFERENT CONNECTION!) and IIRC it works as a way to change the effector (as an alternative to the select button).
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:29 am

VxJasonxV wrote:Konami Drum Mania controller owners can plug the foot pedal into that port (NOT THIRD PARTY CONTROLLERS! TOPWAY/THIRD PARTY CONTROLLERS USE A DIFFERENT CONNECTION!) and IIRC it works as a way to change the effector (as an alternative to the select button).

IIRC, it could also trigger the scratch, but I'm not sure what styles that works on. I don't get why they bothered including the jack on the controller, because Konami's never released anything from the beatmania III line (or included anything in IIDX for beatmania III's gameplay, unless you count the free-scratch zones... they could always add foot-pedal support, who knows?)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby krispykreme » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:32 am

DarkTetsuya wrote:
VxJasonxV wrote:Konami Drum Mania controller owners can plug the foot pedal into that port (NOT THIRD PARTY CONTROLLERS! TOPWAY/THIRD PARTY CONTROLLERS USE A DIFFERENT CONNECTION!) and IIRC it works as a way to change the effector (as an alternative to the select button).

IIRC, it could also trigger the scratch, but I'm not sure what styles that works on. I don't get why they bothered including the jack on the controller, because Konami's never released anything from the beatmania III line (or included anything in IIDX for beatmania III's gameplay, unless you count the free-scratch zones... they could always add foot-pedal support, who knows?)

DT
Yeah. I really didn't know Beatmania III existed until recently. I guess I am a n00b.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:44 am

I swear, the only BMIII machine in the country is near me.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:53 am

tweak_ wrote:I swear, the only BMIII machine in the country is near me.

Not true. :P There's one near me too. Though they are pretty rare, yeah.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby krispykreme » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:38 pm

I just unlocked the Anothers and Expert Courses 6-10. All you have to do is play every song, beatmania songs included.

EDIT: YAY!!! 200th POST!!!
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:08 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:

DT

What mix? ive been trying to find a "the final" upgrade...we got a 7th.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:27 pm

tweak_ wrote:
DarkTetsuya wrote:

DT

What mix? ive been trying to find a "the final" upgrade...we got a 7th.

The one by my house has a bmIII 6th.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:07 pm

IIRC
MGL (Milpitas, CA) has bmIII The Final

MGL (Mesa, AZ) by me had bmIII: 6th Mix
Tempe Fiddlesticks still has a bmIII: CORE Remix

So :P on you guys I HAD TWO TO PLAY :D:D:D

Though... I'd kill for a 'the final' as well :(.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby krispykreme » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:48 am

VxJasonxV wrote:IIRC
MGL (Milpitas, CA) has bmIII The Final

MGL (Mesa, AZ) by me had bmIII: 6th Mix
Tempe Fiddlesticks still has a bmIII: CORE Remix

So :P on you guys I HAD TWO TO PLAY :D:D:D

Though... I'd kill for a 'the final' as well :(.
I've never played on a BMIII machine let alone a IIDX machine. I have played on a "Beatstage" machine though. To bad they got rid of it.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Bemani Discussion