My dream almost came true in this week's round of voting. I almost got to see Tidus get run over by a taxi blasting The Offspring. Sadly, it didn't as Crazy Taxi just lost to Final Fantasy X, 55% to 45%.
Here's the results from the first region of USLOLR Madness, the Bressler Regional:
(9) Final Fantasy X def (24) Crazy Taxi, 54-46
(10) Super Mario RPG def (23) New SMB (DS) 74-26
(11) Halo: Reach def (22) Tecmo Super Bowl, 55-45
(12) Dig Dug def (21) Heavy Rain, 65-35
(13) Silent Hill 3 rapes (20) Age of Zombies, 88-12
(14) Team Fortress 2 frags (19) Uniracers, 88-12
(15) Scribblenauts (s) def (18) Space Harrier, 77-23
(16) Borderlands v (17) Call of Duty (s), 75-25
What's interesting to note is that this is the only region where there was not an upset (so far), but I knew that the battles of Sin v Taxi and Spartan v Bo Jackson we going to be pretty close. It's also clear that Heavy Rain might need one more year to really blossom. I can't say I am surprised Borderlands beat Call of Duty, but I am surprised it lost by a 3 to 1 margin.
Let's take a look at the matchups in the Bressler Regional this week:
(1) Chrono Trigger v (16) Borderlands
(2) Mega Man 2 v (15) Scribblenauts (s)
(3) Final Fantasy VII v (14) Team Fortress 2
(4) Doom (s) v (13) Silent Hill 3
(5) Civilization (s) v (12) Dig Dug (s)
(6) Peggle v (11) Halo: Reach
(7) Earthbound v (10) Super Mario RPG
(8) Devil May Cry (s) v (9) Final Fantasy X
Color me surprised if Mega Man 2 or Chrono Trigger lose this week. I also think FF7 advances, if not barely. Doom will have its work cut out for it, but I think it wins by less than 5 percent. Civ should easily handle Dig Dug. I think the slight outcry of Reach beating Tecmo Super Bowl will end Halo Reach's run right here. Earthbound and Super Mario RPG is not only one of the toughest matchups in the whole tournament, it's also a toss-up. I believe DMC shout easily dispatch of FF10.
You can vote here: http://bit.ly/fhcWzU
Who do you have going on? Discuss below.