Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Test Drive Unlimited OLRmy?

Meet up with fellow OLR listeners in your favorite multiplayer video games. Remember the cardinal rule of the OLRmy: Don't be a dick.

Test Drive Unlimited OLRmy?

Postby skie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:32 am

Hey all, I just picked up this game today. Is there any interest out there in forming an OLRmy on this game? I'm willing to do it but it costs $250,000 in game bucks to make, so I don't really want to spend it if there is no interest...
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Eddy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:37 pm

I may be able to pick this one up since it's so cheap. How is the gameplay?
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ctbx » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:21 pm

Eddy wrote:I may be able to pick this one up since it's so cheap. How is the gameplay?

Actually thinking about getting it now? :P

The game kicks ass. I'd join an OLRmy, but I've only got Xbox Live Silver. I'll consider getting Gold.
ctbx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Eddy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:39 pm

Well, according to the review sites, they fixed most of the issues from the demos, so yeah, I am. :P
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

OLRmy

Postby robbway » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:52 am

I'd love to join the OLRmy Club, but I have little game bucks at the moment. I just bought my second house (the one atop the Diamond Head). Also for those going for the challenge achievement (or whatever its called), you must post 3 challenges. This will take a minimum of 3 days. I also recommend a $0 entry and a $0 stake if you don't want to lose your money. These challenges are edit tracks you made that you think no one can beat, and bet money on it. The zero/zero challenges are supposed to be just what you think are cool edits.

TDU is so much better than the demo. It's a lot like Midtown Madness, only much bigger.

Anyway, the first person to make the club should post on this thread, and remember to look for OLRmy before making one. I keep expecting a Geometry Wars machine in the garages, but that's Bizarre Creations, not Atari.

EDIT (September 18th):
So, now that we have the Honeycomb Hideout, I'll tell you what it does:

1) Special races (same for every club) can be challenged when you have enough players (either 2 or 4--I can't remember).

2) The clubhouse is sort of a parallel universe instance of TDU. Other clubs are there, but you have to challenge other clubs that may be meeting in other universes. You can tell they're alternate universe people because they have beards.

3) You get a "create or join club" Achievement!

I'm trying to find out if your can message the club within TDU.

Another piece of advice, if you want maximum prize money: drive the one-shot missions (courier, driver) perfectly for a huge bonus. It's worth doing them over and over for the perfect bonus.

Lastly, if the police are in your way during a challenge or mission, you can restart or quit the race without paying the penalty fine.
Last edited by robbway on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Eddy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:01 pm

Well, I got it. I must say, I REALLY suck at turns, but I'm sure I'll improve. I'll join OLRmy if there is one.
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ctbx » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:31 am

The $250,000 can be obtained EASILY. There's a challenge called "170 mph in heavy traffic" (requires Pro Rank) which can be completed in about 10 seconds (depending on your vehicle of course), and it's impossible to screw it up if you drive along the edge of the road where there are no cars coming towards you. It bags you $15,000 each time you do it.

I have more than enough money to create a clan, but I don't have Xbox Live Gold yet.
ctbx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:26 am

ctbx wrote:The $250,000 can be obtained EASILY. There's a challenge called "170 mph in heavy traffic" (requires Pro Rank) which can be completed in about 10 seconds (depending on your vehicle of course), and it's impossible to screw it up if you drive along the edge of the road where there are no cars coming towards you. It bags you $15,000 each time you do it.

I have more than enough money to create a clan, but I don't have Xbox Live Gold yet.

I remember that challenge! I'm going to try it!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

OLRmy Club (Makiki)

Postby robbway » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:25 pm

Everyone, I'm creating a cheap club, $250K at Makiki. It's the club north of Diamond Head Crater. It will, of course, be called OLRmy.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

The Clan So Far...

Postby robbway » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:00 am

The OLRmy in TDU is now 3 members strong! Need more drivers so that we can do the Clubhouse challenges. The amazing thing about the game is that many play all over the world, but few interact.

I think its sad that you can't publish custom challenges in the clubhouse. So if you have a custom challenge for OLRmy, just post in this board. Tell us the Diner to go get it and the name of the challenge.

BTW, with a motorcycle, you can go many places that cars can't. For example, in the stadium, you can drive up the spiral walkways--they just don't go anywhere.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Filters are your friends

Postby robbway » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:59 am

I posted my messages on different days, so I'm sorry if it looks triple-posted.

The official hint guide is very good, but if you aren't a hints-book person, the filters on the map are your best friends.

The shoulder buttons will do a general filter between challenges, key locations (stores, dealers, clubs, homes), and online players. You can further filter the displays with the X button.

If you are displaying a map of challenges, but only want to see the ones to which your current car is eligible, filter with X and limit the display to just vehicles of your class. This is a real timesaver, and allows you to change cars and challenges more quickly.

On a different subject, once we get at least five members, we can elect prez and vice-prez. I'm prez pro temps of the TDU OLRmy.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

UPDATE

Postby robbway » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:36 am

If you applied for OLRmy on TDU, don't give up! My system is dead for a little while.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby richmini99 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:16 pm

I just started playing the game again after a long hiatus. If you guys need another member, I'll join. I have my own club, but asit stands now, I'm it's only member. :lol:
richmini99
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Necki » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:48 am

Hey guys this is the first tiome I have ever seen this thread add my gamertag

Necki360UK

Ill be on as i play TDU quite a bit.

I can take charge/vice charge if anyone wants.
Necki
New Listener
New Listener

Return to OLRmy Clans