Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Greetings. :)

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

Greetings. :)

Postby ctbx » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:05 pm

I'm not usually big on the "hey, I'm new" posts, but I figured I'd make an exception and post one here.

So, uh, hey. I've been listening to OLR since early March of this year, and since then it has become my most favorite podcast. I really enjoy the interaction between the hosts (and the chatters as well) and the hilarious commentary that goes along with the week's gaming news.

(In speaking of gaming news, after listening to other gaming podcasts, I have come to really appreciate the fact that OLR, for the most part, stays on topic! And, when going off-topic, they never stray too far away from the original topic at hand, and I never get so bored and uninterested that I have to turn the show off. *cough*AGI*cough* I enjoy the off-topic banter because it's actually funny and interesting. To me, anyways. :P)

Anyways, my real name is Chris, I'm 22 years old, and have been a gamer FOREVER! (Well, seems that long to me, anyway) The first system I ever played was an Atari. My first RPG and NES game was Dragon Warrior, and I've been a big RPG fan ever since. I own every Nintendo console (except for Virtual Boy), a Genesis, Playstation 1 and 2, Xbox and Xbox 360, a PSP, a DS...you get the picture.

But, I pretty much consider myself an old-school gamer. Video games were such a huge part of my childhood. I'll never forget the first time I played Final Fantasy, or the times when I stayed up late with my father on Saturday nights watching him play video games (like Final Fantasy). Or, the times where my brother and I would take turns playing Mario Kart Battle Mode or Super BomberMan Battle Mode against Dad late into the night. (on a Saturday night, of course. NO SCHOOL WOOT!) I could go on and on reminiscing about video games and my childhood but this post would be much longer than it already is.

So, greetings to skie, LOKI, and DarkSakura (I love you guys), and to everyone else that may be reading this. Maybe one of these days I'll get the privilege of listening/chatting during a live broadcast, but I'm one of those damn East-coasters who need to get to sleep because they have to wake up at the crack of dawn the next morning. :P
ctbx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:13 pm

This post gave me warm fuzzies all over! Thanks a lot for the kind words and welcome to the forums!!! 8)

I also wanted to say I think it's really great you have such fond memories of playing video games with your dad. That's great you had parental involvment with your gaming life!! My mom hated video games, LOL... but she at least let me play them responsibly and was always willing to talk to me about them. And to her credit, she did try to play family feud once or twice hahah
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkSakura » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:32 pm

I used to have to fight with my mom over Super Mario Bros back in the day. LOL.

Anyway, thank you! I'm a bit blushy myself now. And welcome to the forums!!

You're not missing much on the Virtual Boy. I have one and it gives me migraines! :lol:
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DJPooEater » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:32 am

Welcome CTBX! That was an awsome post! My only memory of my parents and Video Games was trying to beg them to buy them :P

BTW: You should definatly try to check out the live show with the chatters, I liked listening to OLR before but when I actually did the "live" thing...... awesome!
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Eddy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:52 am

My mom used to play Mario, Teenage Mutant Ninja TUrtles, Contra, Halo, Fuzion Frenzy (Which I liked) etc. etc. with me.

My mom and dad (Who doesn't really like games that much), once played 6 hours of Contra from 11 PM till 5 in the morning!

:lol:

I actually like AGI whe they go off topic. It makes, them seem... more radio like. But that's just me.

Anyways, welcome to OLR! Enjoy your stay!
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby The23rdMagus » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:33 am

I gotta disagree with DS. The Virtual Boy was damn cool if you could get past the headaches. There were some quality games on it, like Wario Land and Teleroboxer.
The future is comin' on...
The23rdMagus
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby YURILOVER » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:05 am

Welcome to the forums. :D
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:34 am

Welcome Welcome Welcome!
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:01 am

The23rdMagus wrote:I gotta disagree with DS. The Virtual Boy was damn cool if you could get past the headaches. There were some quality games on it, like Wario Land and Teleroboxer.

Indeed. I also enjoyed Red Alarm, and it also had the first Mario Tennis.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby ctbx » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:00 pm

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I'll try to make it to the live program this Sunday. 8)
ctbx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:52 pm

Wasn't it Red Alert?
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DJPooEater » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:31 am

tweak_ wrote:
The23rdMagus wrote:I gotta disagree with DS. The Virtual Boy was damn cool if you could get past the headaches. There were some quality games on it, like Wario Land and Teleroboxer.

Indeed. I also enjoyed Red Alarm, and it also had the first Mario Tennis.

OH YEAH! I spent alot of time on that Virtual Boy Mario Tennis.... I totally forgot about that! It rocked!
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby The23rdMagus » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:32 am

VxJasonxV wrote:Wasn't it Red Alert?

Nope.
The future is comin' on...
The23rdMagus
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:22 am

Oops.
Yeah, just looked it up (suppose I should have done that before hand? Bah, where's the fun in that!)
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Misty » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:18 pm

Hiya. :D Game-wise, I remember having to buy a second Game Boy for my grandma to play Tetris on. I originally had one of the very first style of GB, and I remember having an "OMG see-through!"-ish reaction.
Proud ACen masquerade gofer: 2006-2008
Reg Staff: 2009
I still vote for the fort. >.> :P

Looking for old episodes that aren't on your feed reader or the OLR PSP site? I'm probably one your best bets. ^.^

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Random Chatter