Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

attn: nyc folks

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

attn: nyc folks

Postby skie » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:40 am

i'm going to be in NYC october 19th - 25th... i've mentioned this in chat before and a few of you wanted to meet up. i'm open to a meet up on the 21st or 22nd... i just need ideas on where to meet up that's easily accessible from mass transit.

post your suggestions here... can't wait to meet ya'll.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby YURILOVER » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:57 am

You wont be here for Digital Life? Aww poo.
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby gamerdude1212 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:41 am

Skie,
What about the Dave and Buster's in Time Square? Cause then you have all those games...plus it's a really nice environment
gamerdude1212
New Listener
New Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:04 pm

Im probally going to just miss you Skie... Im moving back to NY a week or 2 after you leave... Which sucks because i just missed you last time you were out there (when you were in Jersey @ 8 on the Break)... But theres always next year :D...

Anyways i wouldnt suggest Dave and Busters because some of our younger listeners (under 21) wont be able to get in... The Nintendo Store in Rockefeller Center would be a better choice... Centrally located... Within walking distance from GrandCentral, Port Authority and Times Square... And its wedged between the 2 major subway lines of the city... Im sure Zaku will suggest Coney Island but thats too far out of the way for alot of people :lol:... But if you have 2 days to wander around then im sure you can head on down there...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby YURILOVER » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:44 pm

Isn't there an arcade right off of Times Square with an Extreme machine?
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ssj100matt » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:44 pm

Your thinking of Lazer park but thats been closed down for a year or so... Closest DDR machine i can think of in Times Square is in Port Authority Bus Station... But i wouldnt recomend going there... The regulars are very territorial...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:44 am

Anywhere near times square or grand central would be best since those are the easiest to get to by mass transportation. When it comes to DDR the places to go are D&B (but many can't enter including me) and chinatown fair which is a lot harder to find for people who don't know NYC that much. Please do tell what you would want us to bring (any games to play on DS or PSP ect.) Sucks you aren't there for digital life, I just hope I have enough money to actually spare after being there for the four days of digital life. Well I hope I can bring my own food in to save money and I'll see you then.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Random Chatter