Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Should games be more "diversified?"

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

Should games be more "diversified?"

Postby Eddy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:16 pm

Note that this post is not meant to offend anyone.

After seeing the 20 Gayest Video Game Characters list, I began to wonder, should games include more homosexuality? I mean, everyone likes to say everybody are equal, but then shouldn't we be more open about homosexuality in North America and in our media, TV and movies do a pretty good job, but what about games? So far, the only representation they really have here in North America is in the "controversial" games, (not sure if GTA has any, but probably does). So then, if everyone is equal, why do the games have to be controversial for them to include gays? If homosexuals are part of our everyday lives, then shouldn't for example the games set in modern day have homosexuals in them? Or even back in the Roman days, where a whole bunch of soldiers were gay, so shouldn't games like Rome Total war have homosexuals in them in some way? And I'm not talking about the stereotypical gays either, like cross dressers and guys with feminine voices. I'm talking about normal people who admit to being gay in game.

Or, on the other hand, would doing things like this futher segregate the homosexuals from the non-homosexuals and the gap becomes larger, like the girl gamer and the plain gamer seperation?

Discuss.
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:31 am

I believe the Sims already has the ability to create homosexual characters in it... But as for making more like that?... I dont see why not... Aside for some ignorant people our societys pretty open about stuff like that...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:32 am

ssj100matt wrote:I believe the Sims already has the ability to create homosexual characters in it... But as for making more like that?... I dont see why not... Aside for some ignorant people our societys pretty open about stuff like that...

My friend was proud of his house in the sims with 8 lesbians who fought over eachother.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Eddy » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:19 am

Has your friend no shame??? :wink:

Quick, get LORD VOLDEMORT on the line, girls are kissing girls in the Sims!!! It must be banned!!!
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:52 pm

Eddy wrote:Has your friend no shame??? :wink:

Quick, get ______ __________ on the line, girls are kissing girls in the Sims!!! It must be banned!!!

Shhhhh that name isnt allowed to be mentioned around here

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Random Chatter