Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

G4 used to be good?

Get to know those other listeners of Orange Lounge Radio... maybe things you didn't even want to know about o_O

What did you or what do you watch on G4?

X-Play
36%
Old Attack of the Show/Screen Savers
24%
Old Filter (Diane Mizota)
No votes
Portal
8%
I have never watched G4 and never plan to
12%
Brainiac
4%
Old Cheat (Cory Rouse)
No votes
G4TV.com the show
4%
Arena
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes : 25

G4 used to be good?

Postby djratchet » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:20 am

As some may know, G4 used to be an actually decent channel. Of course, that's not the case any more. What shows did you watch back when G4 was good? I know I left some out, so if you hit "other" please tell which show you used to watch. I'm doing this because I'm bored and I want to see what you guys think.
djratchet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby YURILOVER » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:44 pm

I enjoyed Braniac and Filter a lot, except for the fact that I despised Diane Mizota. She was always sooo annoying to me on how she talked and tried to pass on her little annoying jokes.
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:46 pm

X-Play - Well I still sorta watch it now, but I get the feeling its starting that slow steady slide to crapulence...
Old Attack of the Show/Screen Savers - back when I had TechTV, TSS was the show to watch (along with TTV-era X-Play)
Old Filter (Diane Mizota) - It was okay, I did like their 'end of year'/xmas specials.
Portal - pass. at least machinima got better over time
Brainiac - some of it's cool, but I'd rather have the gaming content.
Old Cheat (Cory Rouse) - At least he tried, LOL. :P
G4TV.com the show - had its moments, I could take it or leave it.
Arena - KP still brings it up occasionally (as if anyone gives a crap anymore), but I'll pass.

Also, you neglected STARCADE, how dare you! :P

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby VxJasonxV » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:52 am

Wasn't Victor Lucas on Judgement day along with Mr. Tallarico?

He has a spot on Gametap now...

(Somewhat related, somewhat OT, sorry.)
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Metroid_Reaper » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:23 am

I only watch G4 for The Man Show and E3 coverage.
Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins.
Metroid_Reaper
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby djratchet » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:47 am

I couldn't put everything I wanted in the poll because there is only so many spots I could fill. I just went for the ones that were in my opinion, more popular.
I only watch G4 for The Man Show and E3 coverage
I hate the Man Show. It's so retarded.
Old Attack of the Show/Screen Savers - back when I had TechTV, TSS was the show to watch (along with TTV-era X-Play)

Same way here. :D
Wasn't Victor Lucas on Judgement day along with Mr. Tallarico?

Yeah, he was. That was one those shows I was going to put, but didn't have enough room.

X-Play - Well I still sorta watch it now, but I get the feeling its starting that slow steady slide to crapulence...

I'm starting to feel the same way. It just doesn't seem right anymore. AND I WANT MY RATTY DAMMIT! :)

About Filter, did you know Diane went to Trading Spaces Kids or something like that? I kinda liked the old Filter, but I HATE the new one with Beth O. It just sucks.
djratchet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Metroid_Reaper » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:43 am

Dude, the man show is hella funny. I know it has some moments when you are like...feeling shamed you are watching it(girls jumping on trampolines!!!) but I still watch it whenever it is on.
Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, because the ground gives way under him, and the dream begins.
Metroid_Reaper
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby TheIchibanCrush » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:35 pm

The only thing I like about G4 is the one show where they just play pieces from video games and nothing else (it's good background banter when I'm busy), and the fact that they showed Cromartie High School for their Adult Swim ripoff anime block.
TheIchibanCrush
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Fry » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:20 pm

I have never watched G4 and never plan to.

Hooray!
Fry
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby djratchet » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:25 am

Dude, the man show is hella funny. I know it has some moments when you are like...feeling shamed you are watching it(girls jumping on trampolines!!!) but I still watch it whenever it is on.

It was only funny a handful of times. I don't like it, but hey. That's my opinion.

The only thing I like about G4 is the one show where they just play pieces from video games and nothing else (it's good background banter when I'm busy), and the fact that they showed Cromartie High School for their Adult Swim ripoff anime block.

Cinematech? Yeah. That show is pretty good. The rip-off used to be called Barbed Wire Biscuit but now it is called Midnight Spank. MS doesn't have any anime though. BWB had that, but they replaced it. The commercials for MS are really funny. I'll link them:
Deer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxNoWvhvaJ8
Butterfly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NzO2yJ_PtY
Guinea Pig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI-ObHzkw78

Good for a few laughs. :D
djratchet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby ParadoxVincent » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:45 am

G4 used to be great. About mid G4 or the G4TechTV era. especially when AOTS was putting out shorts and skits like crazy and Brendon Moran was still the man. X-PLAY just switched to new set. Ah... Those were good times.

Anyone notice how much the new X-PLAY set looks like the old one? Anyways, I still watch X-PLAY and AOTS, I LOVE the new Icons. But not much else. I hate all there new shows, I'm TIRED of Star Trek. Midnight Spank is just childish (though Nocturnal Emissions plays some cool Japanese trailers sometimes, and stuff like DJ:MAX videos and Disgaea anime). But The Man Show, Ed's Sock Party... they're HORRIBLE.

Here's an idea, WE NEED LAIN, BOOGIEPOP, AND CROMARTIE HIGH SCHOOL AGAIN! Lain was the coolest show ever aired on any TV ever, period, infinity, speed rave.
ParadoxVincent
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Arimasen » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:40 am

ParadoxVincent wrote:Lain was the coolest show ever aired on any TV ever, period, infinity, speed rave.

And I agree, being the most hardcore ABe fan on these forums. Rawr.

Also, nowadays The Nocturnal Emmisions version (japanese game previews) of Cinematech seems to be just 3D sex sims. One day I saw SAINTS ROW ON NOCTURNAL EMMISIONS. It was the american 360 version, yeah, WHAT THE FUCK.
Arimasen
Supporter
Supporter

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:10 pm

AOTS is just like those other shows on at 7 like extra, e! news, and ET. Because of that it sucks the big one, but it's the most entertaining out of all of them. But I skip all of them and just watch the soup on friday.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DJPooEater » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:26 am

Where else can I watch old "Star Trek", and "Banzai", and catch up on the first (and only) season of "Fastlane".... Oh and "The Man Show" and all those other EXCELLENT programs, the only thing that pisses me off about G4 is that I have to sit through 1 or 2 stupid shows about Video Games and other electronic crap, like that intronet thingie to get to my next exciting episode of "Fast Cars and Half-Naked Bitches"!!!
So quit dissin G4 you haterz....i'm l33t

/sarcasm........if you didn't know :P
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:20 am

OMG I know, I saw that stupid car show and I was like what the fuck is going on?!?!?! It just shows random cars and bitches as the host says "G4, TV for gamers" I guess I love cars and bitches since I'm a gamer.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Next

Return to Random Chatter