Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Games I'm working on!

Of course you can game on the PC as well... what are you pointing and clicking at this week?

Games I'm working on!

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:09 am

I was on JTV last night showing off some of the new The Games Factory projects I've been tinkering with.

Invaders/Military - Invaders is, as the title implies, a Space Invaders/Galaxian/Galaga clone for PC. The most recent changes to the game were slowing down the invaders so they could be shot at reasonably at the default difficulty level.

Military is more of a practice for making a 'point and shoot' game using the mouse. Aim the crosshairs at the moving targets, and press the space key to fire a shot. (oddly I couldn't get a mouse-click to register in TGF, will have to work on that for a future release.)

Quest: Legacies - This one, I have high hopes for. If you've ever seen La-Mulana or Maze of Galious, then you have a good idea for the kind of game I was shooting for with this one. It's mostly in concept right now, there's not that many enemies in place and only a few areas, but hopefully the final game will have a few 'worlds' to play through and maybe a secret 'hell' dungeon (this video shows the one secret entrance I have programmed in right now, I'm thinking of what to do with it. :twisted: )

UPDATE 11/26/2008: FINALLY! For those that were curious if you'd ever be able to play any of these, grab this zip file, which contains the following:

DEATH RACE PC - 1 or 2 player car carnage action
OM NOM NOM - 1 player, a tribute to my favorite Atari 2600 game ever, Fast Food.
Invaders - Self-explanatory, a Space Invaders clone. (There might still be a few bugs left that I couldn't squash, but you'll get the general idea. BONUS PROTIP -- try pressing 'S' instead of the listed options.....)
Last edited by DarkTetsuya on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby goldbanjo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:05 am

oh neato ill check these out and then edit this and report what I think of them when i get around to playing them.
goldbanjo
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Adding to this thread to add:

This contest sounds neat, my invaders game might be polished enough to enter in one of the categories, I just have to be sure that everything's as good as I can get it to enter it.

There's another game I'm working on, I don't think I can enter it though because I started work on it before I knew this contest was happening. :( I may show it off on JTV though, it's more or less complete right now.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:34 pm

I know I know, 'Why don't you finish the ones you're working on before starting another one?' ... well that contest sounds too rigid for me to enter, and I started 'om nom nom' too early to enter it anyway, but my latest project I just started today should be interesting:

MEGAMAN ARENA:

Have you ever said to yourself, 'Man, Megaman: The Power Battle was cool, but why can't I have a game where you can control all of the robot masters? (Or, admittedly a large chunk of them)?

Well I've been playing around with the 'animate sprites' feature of 'The Games Factory', and after talking to hitstun about homemade games a little bit, he showed me something he was working on, which kinda reminded me of a megaman game.... one thing led to another and here we are.

Right now the game only has Megaman and Cutsman on Cutsman's boss room, but I'm in the middle of adding Iceman to the roster.

Also, thank god for sprite-rip websites. :P
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:36 pm

One more in development, and I promise next update I'll publish all of these:

Death Race PC:

For those that haven't heard, I was lucky enough to visit a rather historic arcade in San Francisco this past weekend. One of the games featured in this arcade was the movie adaptation Death Race. I was watching my brother play it, and was thinking the premise looked simple enough to recreate via The Games Factory, so I went to work.

PREFACE: this game was as controversial then as GTA is these days, you drive a car around and run people down as they try to escape your wrath. Attain the high score in the time limit.

As it is now, I have the 1P mode playable, and working on getting the 2P mode working (EDIT: bug squashed, game now completed)
Last edited by DarkTetsuya on Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Just uploaded three of the many game projects I've been developing ever since I got my feet wet with The Games Factory. Some of the others I may or may not finish, they were just tests to see what would be possible with TGF's various features.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to PC & Other Gaming Chatter