Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

The OLRchive

Open forum for non-show specific discussion on Orange Lounge Radio including your suggestions for what you would like to see on the site & show.

The OLRchive

Postby pkjr92 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:33 am

I thought it might be a cool idea to create a skydrive OLRchive. The account details are as follows:

username: olrchive@live.com
password: orangeloungeradio

Anyone who has any episodes should upload them so that newer listeners (like me) can easily find and listen to the old episodes (maybe even before the official podcasts started 8O ). PLEASE DON'T ABUSE THE FREE ACCOUNT as that would ruin it for everyone else. I think 5 gb (possibly upgrading to 6 gb) is more than enough for quite a few episodes.

Remember the cardinal rule of the OLRmy: Don't be a dick.

Umm, I don't remember any explicit instructions as to not being able to do this kind of thing, but correct me if I'm wrong.

PS. If any of the OLR staff/hosts have a problem with this or any questions, they can certainly PM me.
pkjr92
Supporter
Supporter

Postby skie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:59 pm

I actually think it's kind of neat!
Rob Roberts-- Contaminating Internet Radio since 1998
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:40 pm

well I have a few eps, let me see what I can do XD
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby pkjr92 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:09 pm

There should probably be a universal filename system. And is that episode that has a Part C over 50 mb?

Possible Filing Systems:

1) 286 Part A -- July 6, 2008
2) OLR 286 A -- July 6, 2008
3) OLR 286 A -- 7/6/08

These are just possibilities and variations to make finding a specific episode easier. Post others if you think they'll improve it.

[EDIT] Also, here's a link:

http://cid-2e8833cdfde70f60.skydrive.li ... x/OLRchive

[EDIT] And the RSS Feed:

Last edited by pkjr92 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkjr92
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:18 pm

pkjr92 wrote:There should probably be a universal filename system. And is that episode that has a Part C over 50 mb?

Possible Filing Systems:

1) 286 Part A -- July 6, 2008
2) OLR 286 A -- July 6, 2008
3) OLR 286 A -- 7/6/08

These are just possibilities and variations to make finding a specific episode easier. Post others if you think they'll improve it.

Also, here's a link:

Well mm/dd/yyyy won't work cause windows filenames don't like /s, so that's the system I use for my archive... the pre-podcast stuff don't all have dates though, I may have to go back and listen to them again, to see if I can hear when each ep was taped.

This is quite awesome and I'd love to contribute... actually right now one of the (pre-podcast) eps I have is OVER 50MB! ... so I'll have to see if I can cut out some stuff so it'll fit.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Sorry I deleted some stuff, I'm making folders to put everything in.

I'll be sure and re-up everything after I do it though

EDIT: okay, all done editing... there's folders now for easier navigation to the files you're looking for! It's roughly the same setup I have at home, too.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby pkjr92 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:52 pm

No, I deleted some more recent stuff that I uploaded, no sense wasting space.

And maybe instead of cutting stuff out of episodes, maybe you could just have less quality (higher quality stereo to mono, etc) on the ones that are too big.

[EDIT] Uploads should probably be limited to older shows, as we only have 5gb to work with. I would say anything under episode 200 would be better archive-wise.
pkjr92
Supporter
Supporter

Postby pkjr92 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Also, I don't know if you guys did show descriptions back aways, but that would be cool (and informative)
pkjr92
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:13 pm

pkjr92 wrote:No, I deleted some more recent stuff that I uploaded, no sense wasting space.

And maybe instead of cutting stuff out of episodes, maybe you could just have less quality (higher quality stereo to mono, etc) on the ones that are too big.

[EDIT] Uploads should probably be limited to older shows, as we only have 5gb to work with. I would say anything under episode 200 would be better archive-wise.

Well, what about 200 and other milestone shows? (like the sixth anniversary?)

I also upped some of the random OLR-related stuff that wasn't the main show, too.

pkjr92 wrote:Also, I don't know if you guys did show descriptions back aways, but that would be cool (and informative)

We... weren't really as structured back then, sorry. :P
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby katamaris4ever » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:51 pm

Thank you much! Meloveyoulongtime.
Seriously though, i've been waiting to put my Still Tuned in Parody up, but I haven't anyone's email, so this will do perfectly!
Waiting for the day DDR X gets released...
Sig added May 19, 2008
"Most people see the glass as half full. Other people just have glasses."
katamaris4ever
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby pkjr92 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:35 pm

Yeah, I did a quick calculation (well...I used Google) and found that episodes averaging 50 mb each would mean about a total of 100 episodes in 5 gb (5000 mb). Taking into account the freakin slow download times on Skydrive (no FTP FTL :cry: ), that'll take quite a bit. Also, does anyone have episode 1? That would be the prize possession so-to-speak.
pkjr92
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:38 pm

pkjr92 wrote:Yeah, I did a quick calculation (well...I used Google) and found that episodes averaging 50 mb each would mean about a total of 100 episodes in 5 gb (5000 mb). Taking into account the freakin slow download times on Skydrive (no FTP FTL :cry: ), that'll take quite a bit. Also, does anyone have episode 1? That would be the prize possession so-to-speak.

The only issue is some of em (including older pre-podcast stuff) are bigger than the 50mb... like ep. 158, one of the few pre-podcast ones that I have... I do hope to get ahold of some of the earliest eps, I was actually on a couple :P
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby pkjr92 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Did someone actually record from Day 1?
pkjr92
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:44 pm

pkjr92 wrote:Did someone actually record from Day 1?

I believe there's an archive out there somewhere of some of the earliest eps... I will have to ask around. :P
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:51 pm

I don't even have episode 1 anymore :( it was on a harddrive of mine that died. Someone find DDRAngel, there's a very good chance she has it.

I have a big chunk of episodes somewhere in the 100's when we were syndicated on DDRFreak. I'll try to put them up there.
Rob Roberts-- Contaminating Internet Radio since 1998
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Next

Return to General OLR Chit-Chat