Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Planning to create 'WHAT THEY PLAY: Snap' (aka 'OH SNAP!')

Of course you can game on the PC as well... what are you pointing and clicking at this week?

Planning to create 'WHAT THEY PLAY: Snap' (aka 'OH SNAP!')

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:50 am

So you've seen the in-joke about the M-rated version of Pokemon Snap, WHAT THEY PLAY: Snap featuring a more M-rated twist to everyone's favorite photography sim.... I could whip up something in The Games Factory, but I'd need someoen to provide the artwork for the images I need.

It's probably going to be a simple point-and-click game with moving targets, but I could do it. Maybe have like a 'time trial' to get the pictures as fast as possible.

And I'm sure *someone* would enjoy it, hell people liked 'You have to burn the rope', so I'm sure this game would get *some* notoriety.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Rob Roberts-- Contaminating Internet Radio since 1998
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:19 pm

aww ty... might have to integrate that into my game somewhere. :P
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby djratchet » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:48 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:aww ty... might have to integrate that into my game somewhere. :P

lol put in the start-up screen with the M rating. :P
djratchet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:51 pm

djratchet wrote:
DarkTetsuya wrote:aww ty... might have to integrate that into my game somewhere. :P

Yeah planning on it.... though I might shoot for an AO considering the content *does* involve people having sex XD

I do need some suitable graphics, though...
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby djratchet » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:54 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:
djratchet wrote:

Yeah planning on it.... though I might shoot for an AO considering the content *does* involve people having sex XD

I do need some suitable graphics, though...

lol AO is even better! I would just do google image searches for graphics, because I'm lazy. xD
djratchet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:41 pm

OK I think I have the start of how the game's going to play out... It'll probably just be like those crappy ad banners where you click on celebs with a camera...

The game will also feature multiple 'time trial' modes, though the counter I have only counts up so far, might go back and fix it later on.

Haven't searched for the graphics yet, anyone have a refresher as to what we need? Off the top of my head:

- Severed head
- Swearing
- Sex
- Gay kissing

... yeah I'm almost scared to google all that :P
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat May 10, 2008 10:52 am

DOn't think I've abandoned this game yet, I'm planning on having a soundtrack of some of the songs I've collected, to use as background music in the game!

Songlist so far:

Warrior Bob / OLR Cat Techno (since I'm just not good at stepping simfiles, and it's kinda short... I thought I'd just use it here hehe)
... that's it so far, but I'm thinking of having more unlockable songs as you go so stay tuned!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby WarriorBob » Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:Songlist so far:

Warrior Bob / OLR Cat Techno (since I'm just not good at stepping simfiles, and it's kinda short... I thought I'd just use it here hehe)

Hehehe.... Glad to see this is getting some use... I tried to make a longer version for Orange Lounge Revolution but it's kind of a cheap joke and sounded pretentious when I tried to make it longer.
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun May 11, 2008 10:11 am

WarriorBob wrote:
DarkTetsuya wrote:Songlist so far:

Hehehe.... Glad to see this is getting some use... I tried to make a longer version for Orange Lounge Revolution but it's kind of a cheap joke and sounded pretentious when I tried to make it longer.

Well I felt bad cause the original was kinda short (especially with the silence it feels even shorter) So I thought 'what the hell, I'll use it here' since the average game will prolly only be 1-3 minutes, it's the perfect length for somethin like that.... and it worked for Rez so.... there ya go. :P
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby WarriorBob » Mon May 12, 2008 8:30 pm

Yeah, it really is short, I didn't honestly expect it to be of interest in the last game, I just wanted to make a funny post on the forums =)

But if it's useful to you all the better.
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon May 12, 2008 8:40 pm

WarriorBob wrote:Yeah, it really is short, I didn't honestly expect it to be of interest in the last game, I just wanted to make a funny post on the forums =)

But if it's useful to you all the better.

Ah good. I also have a few of LOKI's remixes that haven't been stepped yet, I might include those as well, maybe make em unlockable via codes or something... should be interesting to see what I come up with. :D
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon May 12, 2008 8:43 pm

yikes.... you double posted and I thought it didn't post my reply ... so I just nuked em both. :P

the tricky part is finding the graphics XD
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby WarriorBob » Mon May 12, 2008 8:55 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:yikes.... you double posted and I thought it didn't post my reply ... so I just nuked em both. :P

the tricky part is finding the graphics XD

Whoops! Thanks for that, my browser got all screwy and tried to reload the page, I wondered if I had done that.

Yeah, I'm not much of a graphician. Who knows though, maybe hilariously bad stuff might be funny sometime.
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Return to PC & Other Gaming Chatter