Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Episode 275 -- April 13 2008

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Episode 275 -- April 13 2008

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:34 pm

Part A is up!:

Justin.tv archive

New DS to be unveiled at E3?... Final Fantasy 4 dated for July 22nd... Strong Bad coming to Wii Ware... Elebits 2... White Gamecube Controller... SquareEnix releasing Wii RPG... Mario Kart Wii Freeloader compatibility... Mario Kart Cheaters already?... Miyamoto in Times Top 100... Mario Super Sluggers on Wii... Release Dates... Is gay kissing worse than severed heads?... Lego Indiana Jones in June (UK)... Burnout Paradise update April 24th... Lair patch to add analog controls... British retailers to get GTA4 bundle... PSN going offline for 15 hours... John Woo Metroid Film?... Classic Game of the Week... and more!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby tsaiwes99 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:45 am

The sound quality is great in this episode compared to the previous ones. I'm glad they switched studios! The new olr is the better olr.
tsaiwes99
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:56 am

tsaiwes99 wrote:The sound quality is great in this episode compared to the previous ones. I'm glad they switched studios! The new olr is the better olr.

The studio itself is the same, we just left Live365amonth over to allgames.com's stream and do it there... no ads, no listener caps (well it's like what, 1000 listeners? As nice as that would be to worry about, I don't think we'll have to. :P)

Which also means the ferret stays, much to Blackwolf's disappointment. :P (And how long has he had this issue with the ferret anyway? This is the first I've heard of any problems. :P)
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DJTyrant » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:02 pm

Yeah I tuned in for a little bit while I was raiding and the sound quality was so much better. Glad that people are liking it :)
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby skie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:17 pm

FYI, our podcast is now delivered in 64k Mono as opposed to 56k Stereo. This is why non-live listeners will probably also notice an upgrade in sound quality (provided they weren't too attached to stereo sound but honestly we just weren't playing enough music to justify it)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:49 pm

skie wrote:FYI, our podcast is now delivered in 64k Mono as opposed to 56k Stereo. This is why non-live listeners will probably also notice an upgrade in sound quality (provided they weren't too attached to stereo sound but honestly we just weren't playing enough music to justify it)

Mono sound?!?

WITCH!!! :P

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:15 pm

New Request

We're going to start crankin out some promos, and we need your help.

If there is a favorite quote from the episode, or favorite moment that you come across each week, please post it in these feedback threads along with a timestamp (i.e. 15min 10sec into Part A)

You'll be doing us a huge favor, and we can use these quotes again and again, hee hee :D

(edit: i dunno if this would be better on wiki but... lets see what happens)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby VxJasonxV » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:we just left Live365amonth [...]
One word.

LOL
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:54 pm

skie wrote:New Request

If there is a favorite quote from the episode, or favorite moment that you come across each week, please post it in these feedback threads along with a timestamp (i.e. 15min 10sec into Part A)

You'll be doing us a huge favor, and we can use these quotes again and again, hee hee :D

Are you trying to ressurect 'LAST WEEK, ON OLR....' I approve. XD (and I already PMed misty about it, so I'm sure we could come up with something XD)
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Gyakuten Kenji / Turnabout Prosecutor

Postby gs68 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:23 pm

I noticed that you referred to the upcoming "NEW Gyakuten NOT Saiban" game as "Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosector."

As I said here, Capcom hasn't made an official announcement regarding the American localization; I suggest we not call it "Perfect Prosecutor," and just stick with "Gyakuten Saiban" or "Turnabout Prosecutor," or "the new Miles Edgeworth game" (or something along those lines) for now; I don't want to see rumors about the game title flying around.
gs68 / TsundeRay - The OLRmy's SF Bay Area representative!
gs68
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:28 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:Are you trying to ressurect 'LAST WEEK, ON OLR....' I approve. XD (and I already PMed misty about it, so I'm sure we could come up with something XD)

Sort of...

And thanks :)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Blackwolf » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:14 am

DarkTetsuya wrote:(And how long has he had this issue with the ferret anyway? This is the first I've heard of any problems. :P)

The Ferret knows what he did.

HE KNOWS.
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:59 pm

skie wrote:New Request

I like it...

As for quotes from part A... I think you can find something to use from the Dream Game: WhatTheyPlay.com Snap talk (i think it was from 65:00 - 66:00 into A)

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)