Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

The doujin/freeware/indie PC game thread

Of course you can game on the PC as well... what are you pointing and clicking at this week?

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:23 pm

Apparently someone else has their own Let's Play about La Mulana, only this one goes deeper into some of the secrets in the game, as well as some of the ROM combinations and their effects (As you may have heard watching DC's videos, you can collect MSX ROM cartridges -- real ones, like Antarctic Adventure, Circus Charlie, Hyper Sports, definetly a good chunk of Konami's own released MSX library (don't know if either of the old MG games are there, but I wouldn't be surprised -- EDIT, they are, infact its mentioned in the very first example she shows, you put MG1 and MG2 together)

Part 1
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:35 pm

Just short of renaming this to the 'La Mulana fangasm thread' but anyway (It only counts when LOKI does it! :P)

Here's the soundtrack. Alot of what I've heard is really good, especially track 3 - Mr. Explorer.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:50 pm

Super Mario Fusion: Mushroom Kingdom Hearts

A few weeks ago Skie and Loki were talking about this game in detail... Heres a video of it in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh8HrQu3HgY

Its basically how it sounds... A Kingdom hearts style mashup game where many different game series meet up in Super Mario Bros style gameplay... Halo, Megaman, Doom are some of the series featured in the game...

Recently the creators have come out with a beta of the game

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MKIIT73 - This is the file for the game

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DRTX58UK - This is the Mp3 Music pack (its not necessary but if you want to hear music in levels you may want it)...

Note: This is a very very early beta of the game (v0.0.0.2 to be exact) so there are ALOT of issues with it... The biggest issue (for me at least) is the lag/framerate... Saying its ATROCIOUS would be an understatement... The game runs very very VERY slow 90% of the time... The readme file within the game says to close any unnecessary programs if the lag is bad but its awful even when i close most of my major programs... I think this game has alot of potential to be great but as of right now its virtually unplayable at this state... Its actually so bad that after playing for 15mins i had to play a fast paced game to readjust my eyes... The only reason why im posting about this is to let people know that there is a beta out, and to keep checking for any updates on their own... But hopefully when they fix everything it should be a great great game...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:54 pm

You know... I was thinking since i had alot of experience with The Games Factory, I could whip up something at least vaguely similar to La Mulana... I doubt it'd be anywhere near as good... but worth a shot, no? Although I probably should finish the still-not-quite-complete Invaders clone I started a couple years ago.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:43 pm

*sigh* all good things must come to an end... yesterday I finally defeated the Mother in La Mulana. However while I could continue further in and try to complete the game's secret area, the Hell Temple, I really don't know if I have the patience or skills required to complete it.

So, I'm doing the next best thing and checking out the PC remake of the game's major influence, Knightmare II: Maze of Galious!

The guy who LPed through La Mulana (who was a gigantic help in me completing it, btw) also posted an LP of the PC remake of Knightmare II, and what I thought was neat is there are multiple 'tilesets' that you can use to 'reskin' the game. There's even one by the guys who wrote La Mulana, which is probably my favorite of the available sets.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby act_deft » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:26 pm

I keep forgetting to post this...

If some you remember a few weeks back, while in a bonus segment, LOKI was playing a Velociraptor game

That game is Velociraptor Off-Road Safari:

http://raptorsafari.com/play.php

You have to install a plug-in, but nothing too heavy or dangerous.

The game is pretty fun but the controls are kinda slow IMO.
And you also have Achievements and leaderboard, ala Xbox 360, a console in which I would really like to see this game in.

(BTW, the jeep is being driven by a Velociraptor... WITH A MONOCLE!!!)

No, MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. Never was, never will.
If I'm mistaken, Ranma gets a free copy of it. =P
act_deft
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:39 pm

... about the Knightmare II: Maze of Galious remake, apparently some smartass made a 'La Mulana' skin for the game, featuring the main character and his father, Shorn... poor DC was quite freaked out about the whole thing.

Anyway, I hope to make something even remotely as epic, someday. :(
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:53 pm

On another note...

ROM CHECK FAIL - link

Imagine if Warioware were all about other videogames... Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Qix, Buster Bros., Gauntlet... as you play through the levels the character and enemies randomly change during the game... so one minute you're mario trying to stomp on gauntlet ghosts, the next you're stuck because you're the damn space invaders ship and got caught between two platforms... It's never the same game twice... well it's the same levels every time, but the game is always changing randomly on you...
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby act_deft » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:02 pm

I was hearing about this game in the most recent shows and I will definitely try it out!

BTW, DarkSakura seriously need to play Velociraptor Safari!

No, MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. Never was, never will.
If I'm mistaken, Ranma gets a free copy of it. =P
act_deft
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby gs68 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:17 pm

La-Mulana is kicking my ass. x_x I keep having to refer to Deceased Crab's LPs.
gs68 / TsundeRay - The OLRmy's SF Bay Area representative!
gs68
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Okay, even though I JUST. DONT. GET. IT:

Let's Play: You Have to burn the rope.

Yeah, someone actually made an LP out of that game.

no I don't know why either.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby LOKI » Mon May 12, 2008 10:15 pm

http://www.trackmania.com

TrackMania Nations Forever

It's an awesome racing game and is free to play. You can upgrade to United for $39.99 as well if you like it. This game also supports 3D glasses and runs pretty well on most PCs.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby letshavetea » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:15 am

I went in and found that Mushroom Kingdom Fusion game that Loki was talking about.... figured it'd go well in this thread.

MUSHROOM KINGDOM FUSION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4fj5YU6pRc - Mario in Cutman's stage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ9KZIOg33k - Sonic in a bunch of stages.

You can also play as Tails and Luigi in that release.

They are planning on having a bunch of other characters that are still a WIP.. to name a few...
Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
Kirby (Kirby Series)
Link (Zelda Series)
Roll (Mega Man's sister)
Samus (Metroid Series)
Wario (Mario Series)

Tag those six in with the other four I mentioned... 10 playable characters in the final game.

WHERE CAN I GET THIS AWESOME GAME?!

Click the link below this.
http://mkfusion.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=905

EDIT: I couldn't stand playing this with the keyboard, so I installed the drivers for my Xbox 360 controller (most people won't have to do this... just.. my XP is kinda.. yea...) and then installed xpadder. Xpadder is a program that lets you map controller buttons to a keyboard button AKA I hit START and the computer things I hit ENTER. Since this game doesn't support controllers this was my workaround.

Xpadder is a free program and is super easy to use.

http://www.xpadder.com/index.html
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Previous

Return to PC & Other Gaming Chatter