Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Revolution AVAILABLE NOW! ... 2nd MIX updates!

Hey, we haven't forgotten our roots as a Music Video Game station. Talk about DDR/IIDX and all that note smashing here.

Orange Lounge Revolution AVAILABLE NOW! ... 2nd MIX updates!

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:39 pm

I am pleased to announce...

Orange Lounge Revolution is now complete and ready for distribution!

(Note it's only compatible with 3.9x builds afaik)

Special thanks to VxJasonxV for uploading it to our server, as well as Jaded, JustinIC, and Jayveemon who all provided some of the steps for the included songs.

EDIT: Ranma was kind enough to provide a mirror on his site!

EDIT 2: Jaded has also provided a mirror on his site.

Additionally, Friz-bee has elected to provide addtional samples to use as announcer files, so watch this thread for an update!

Features:

- Over 20 songs! (OLR favorites both old and new... as well as a couple surprises ;))
- Special Boss Songs!
- Unlocks!
- LONG VERSIONS!
- Courses!
- Over 60 minutes of music! (I plugged it into winamp and counted, it's just over an hour :P)

OLR 2nd MIX progress:

12/11/2008:

I know, it's been over a year.... but 2nd mix is finally nearing completion! ssj100matt just hooked me up with a bunch of songs/courses, which just about puts us over the 100 songs mark!

Right now I'm just finalizing some of the unlocks... many of em will just be holdovers from my original progress, I couldn't think of any of the new songs that'd make a good surprise as unlocks.

12/5/2007:

Krispykreme just sent me three more, so I'm including them!

12/12/2007:

In 2nd MIX you can expect over 40 songs (Including all your old favorite and all new OLRiginal tracks! :P) and more than a dozen courses, including several 'challenge' courses, featuring harder versions of your favorite Nonstop originals! The game's still on track for a 2008 release, so watch this space for further updates!

1/7/2008:

Just shy of the 50 songs mark! At this point all I need are the songs from LOKI, Jayveemon (said he was working on one more, though was having PC trouble, so will have to find out the status on that) and the sound samples from Friz-bee (though I did add one more gem from rob. rob. rob.)

So if I can get those, expect a mid-February release!

1/24/2008:

Okay, okay, I'll reveal the default songlist:

Orange Lounge Revolution 1st MIX repeats wrote:Absolute / dj TAKA feat. good-cool (Pop'n Music)
Aselehe /
.59 Piano version / dj TAKA remixed by NAOKI
Bumble Bee -From skie's voice the game- / Bambee feat. skie (fixed)
Cotton Eye Joe -From skie's voice the game- / REDNEX feat. skie
Don't Stop Believin' / Journey
Don't Play Nice -Zodiac- / LOKI vs. Verbalicious (now with official challenge steps!)
Drunk Drunk Revolution / DMN ALL-STARS (with all-new challenge steps!)
Era (Good-Cool Phat Mix) / TaQ feat. good-cool
ESTO ES LA VIDA /
Eternal Flame (Definitive Mix) / Rochelle
Everything's Gonna Be Alright /
Girlfriend / Avril Lavigne
Heavenly Star / Genki Rockets
I Turn to You / Melanie C
I'm a Little Yellow Fish / Creamy
<3 / Becky
London Bridge (Speed Mix) / SPEEDMASTER
MAXX9001 / DMN ALLSTARS (with new challenge steps!)
Mlkshke / Kelis
Never Gonna Give You Up / Rick Astley (Now with the video!)
ROB. / DMN ALLSTARS feat. DMN's MOM
Still Alive / GlaDOS
Summer Vacation / Outphase
Suzumiya Haruhi /
Switch! / Melissa White feat. ACE
Synchronized Love -Millenium Ventura Mix- / Joe Rinoie
Xtopher / DMN vs. Tatsh (with new challenge steps!)

(many of which will feature new banners!)

Orange Lounge Revolution 2nd MIX new songs wrote:Baby Got Back / Sir Mix-a-lot (Long version)
Friend or Foe (Euro Mix) /
Feel Good Inc / Gorillaz
Help Me Doctor Dick / E-Rotic
Carameldansen
Power (Tune Up! Remix)
Robin Robin Hood / Jenny ROM
Stakeout / Freezepop
What is Love / Haddaway
White and Nerdy / Weird Al
Destiny / Vanessa Mae (yes finally!!!)

Unlocks wrote:What, you thought I was going to spoil them all here? All I'll say is there's 16 in all, ten new songs and six new courses!

I'll probably add 'we are brothers forever' as official once I get it, but in the meantime, here's the complete default songlist! I may add more songs once I get the ones people said they'd send, though I may just make em unlocks, I'll have to think about it.

But that's what you can expect when it's released!

Update: I was going to go with a full-blown installation, but I know that'd clock in at a hefty 300MB+ so I decided to go with an 'append' style release instead. It features only the new songs, and the ones that are either fixed or have the video now. However, all the courses are in it but some of them underwent a facelift.
Last edited by DarkTetsuya on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 27 times in total.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby nintendomaniac64 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:55 pm

The Bumble Bee song needs some amplifying...

In Audacity, I was able to amplify it by 6.1 dB

Here's the louder song file:
http://members.nintendomaniac64.binaryp ... bumble.mp3

(and you know you could've used OGG to save file space >_>)

EDIT:...and WHY is there like 5 seconds of silence at the end of the bumble bee song while arrows are still on the screen?

EDIT 2: looks like the same problem occurred with Max9001... and the game just Rick Roll'd me <_____<
nintendomaniac64
New Listener
New Listener

Postby joe_zakoor » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:19 pm

Another mirror is up!

http://www.nixbox-hosting.com/files/Ste ... tion.smzip

so if Ranma's server is slow, or if you dont feel like it... Here it is.

Later![/url]
joe_zakoor
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:26 pm

nintendomaniac64 wrote:The Bumble Bee song needs some amplifying...

In Audacity, I was able to amplify it by 6.1 dB

Here's the louder song file:
http://members.nintendomaniac64.binaryp ... bumble.mp3

(and you know you could've used OGG to save file space >_>)

EDIT:...and WHY is there like 5 seconds of silence at the end of the bumble bee song while arrows are still on the screen?

EDIT 2: looks like the same problem occurred with Max9001... and the game just Rick Roll'd me <_____<

Bumble Bee I think I know what happened, accidentally combining the DDR-length song with ITG-length steps, same with MAX9001...

I've already started early plans for a 2nd mix, so maybe I can go back and fix up some of those things (and there's still the songs I didn't get to include in the first release.)

But from the sound of chat/skype comments, sounds like it's a hit! I'm just glad I could keep this project alive long enough to see a first release, but I certainly couldn't do it without the support of the stepfile writers (Jayveemon, Jaded, JustinIC) and everyone else who supported the project!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Friz-Bee » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:39 pm

If you still need sounds for the announcer, I've got a pretty good amount of clips that could be put to good use
Friz-Bee
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:12 pm

Friz-Bee wrote:If you still need sounds for the announcer, I've got a pretty good amount of clips that could be put to good use

ORLY? well put em together and I'll see what I can come up with! (The release I have does have some announcer files in place, but I wanted to release it so everyone could enjoy it and figured the announcer wasn't a huge deal, but I could always use more!)
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby act_deft » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:38 pm

I'll get this when I get more RAM or a computer capable of running Stepmania, whichever happens first.
:roll:

No, MGS4 isn't coming to the 360. Never was, never will.
If I'm mistaken, Ranma gets a free copy of it. =P
act_deft
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:03 pm

OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:23 am

DarkTetsuya wrote:CONFIRMED FOR ORANGE LOUNGE REVOLUTION 2ND MIX

More to come!

If we can get Rob or DMN to sing along with it then absolutely....

Edit: Don't forget the music video in the background http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYF9exhm-Q&feature=related
Last edited by ssj100matt on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:32 am

ssj100matt wrote:If we can get Rob or DMN to sing along with it then absolutely....

in hell!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:01 pm

Minor Updates for Orange Lounge Revolution 2nd MIX:

- New Challenge steps for Xtopher, ROB., Drunk Drunk Revolution, MAX9001 (I'd intended to make new CHA steps for MAX9001, but never got around to it) -- Thanks to DMN, you asspiper :P <3
- Don't Play Nice custom edit updated to 'official' oni step status now, thx Misty for providing the original steps!
- Songs now display correct 'Orange Lounge Revolution' banner, (instead of the original generic 'Orange Lounge Radio' one) except the Dancemania licenses which have the corresponding CD title. However, some of them I had to cut and paste improvise but I think I like how they turned out. Also added an 'Orange Lounge Revolution 2nd MIX' banner.
- Reworked the 'OLR BOSS' course.
Last edited by DarkTetsuya on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Misty » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:41 pm

damn, i don't know if you used it already. but i found a quote you could use... and all i remember right now is it's a loki quote... (borrowed comp right now, or i'd look in the file i saved it to). i'll twitter it to you later, with ep, time in, and if i have space, the quote... damn, though now that i think of it, you may have used it, but i don't remember getting it in olrev...
Proud ACen masquerade gofer: 2006-2008
Reg Staff: 2009
I still vote for the fort. >.> :P

Looking for old episodes that aren't on your feed reader or the OLR PSP site? I'm probably one your best bets. ^.^

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:56 pm

ssj100matt wrote:Edit: Don't forget the music video in the background http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYF9exhm-Q&feature=related

Added, thanks! Though I couldn't get the lyrics to sync up, as a tradeoff I think it ends at a rather interesting place, so I think it works out in the end. (Also, be on the lookout, other old favorites have their respective video now! As well as a couple... 'surprises'. ;))
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Added some all-new challenge courses, so watch for those! Additionally, Jayveemon should be hooking me up with a song once it's done so I'll be adding that, and as soon as I get ahold of LOKI's stuff I'll probably put together some more challenge/nonstop courses and call it good! Release date's still TBA 2008, so stay tuned to this thread for future updates!

EDIT: Actually I'll give you a small hint -- expect several 'REVENGE' courses which are harder remixes of the regular courses...
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:02 pm

Updated the main post to add the progress report for what to expect in 2nd MIX!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Next

Return to Bemani Discussion