Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

A poll about the delivery of the podcast

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

How would you prefer to download the podcast?

Part A on Monday, Part B on Wednesday as it is now
43%
One giant show released ASAP after live taping
46%
I have another great idea I'll post below...
11%

Total votes : 28

A poll about the delivery of the podcast

Postby skie » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:32 pm

Episode 250 will be a landmark # for the show, and usually these are about the times where we consider making some format/design changes to the show. Based on recent feedback, I'd be curious to know if our listeners would just prefer to have one giant mp3 of show instead of our current "2 part" delivery method.

Pros to being split in 2 parts:
* Less time to download
* More content throughout the week

Pros to being one big show:
* Don't have to wait until Wednesday
* News doesn't get dated as much

This probably won't change the experience much for live listeners as we'd still take a break mid-show to rest our voices and for the benefit of allgames, where another show is sandwiched in the middle of our show.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Jayveemon » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:10 am

I prefer the two part delivery method, for non live listeners it spreads out the OLR love in a nice pace, and live listeners already know the storys so are just listening to it again for enjoyment and don't really need it ASAP. Chances are most people who listen to OLR also read other VG game sites so news getting stale shouldn't really be a factor.
Jayveemon
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DJTyrant » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:33 pm

Two parts works best for me since I usually don't get to listen to the live show and having it at 1:30 makes for better listening than one big long 3 hour MP3.
DJTyrant
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby SakuraMaxX » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:41 pm

I prefer the 2 parts. You finish it on Monday, and then you don't have anything for the whole week. Sorta sucks if you haven't got another podcast to listen to. So let's keep the 2 part.
SakuraMaxX
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

IDEA!,,, maybe:

Postby alphacananogram » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:31 pm

I've mentioned this in the past... i dunno if it'll work, (you might have said it wouldn't work out), but maybe release Part A on Mondays and Part B on Tuesdays (but if possible, Part B on Mondays in the evening/later in the day). I can't stand waiting till Wednesday for OLR.

ALTHOUGH, ONE big MP3 ASAP is a great idea as well.

Hell, i dunno ,,, :|
alphacananogram
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Misty » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:13 am

I would say keep it in two parts. Even though I'm addicted, my attention span gets in the way sometimes :/ If it'd be workable, I pretty much agree with Alpha. Part A ASAP, and part B Monday evening/early Tuesday, since most of what seems to hold my attention/make me rewind a 30 second clip 10 times is in part B.
Proud ACen masquerade gofer: 2006-2008
Reg Staff: 2009
I still vote for the fort. >.> :P

Looking for old episodes that aren't on your feed reader or the OLR PSP site? I'm probably one your best bets. ^.^

Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby KevinDDR » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:42 pm

I agree with Misty here. Two parts would be nice, especially if the second part was always released on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
KevinDDR
New Listener
New Listener

Re: IDEA!,,, maybe:

Postby WarriorBob » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:38 am

Two parts is good because a 3 hour MP3 will scare off new listeners, and because you naturally have two parts anyway to your live show.

alphacananogram wrote:maybe release Part A on Mondays and Part B on Tuesdays

I would like to mirror this sentiment. Tuesday is a much better day to release the second part, if you still want to space out the release. OLR is about community, and since I usually won't listen live, the more time I have to talk about the news with my friends the better. OLR is my primary source of gaming news right now so this would be really convenient. More personally, I drive more on Wednesdays and would love to download it the night before and have OLR in my car :)
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Two parts are better than one

Postby Halestorm » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:20 pm

I'd vote for keeping it in two parts, but move up Part B one day.

Another thought would be to have all of the news in Part A, then have the community features (mailbag, skype, FUs of the week, etc.) in Part B. Then you don't have to worry about the news getting (slightly) stale by the time Part B is released, and the more casual banter which has less timing issues could be the fix that gets us podcasters listeners through the rest of the week.

Steve
Halestorm
New Listener
New Listener

Re: Two parts are better than one

Postby theafroguy » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:17 am

Halestorm wrote:Another thought would be to have all of the news in Part A, then have the community features (mailbag, skype, FUs of the week, etc.) in Part B.
I think splitting OLR like that is spreading its core elements too thin... I would be interested to see a comparison of part A and part B downloads of the fifth anniversary episode.
theafroguy
Supporter
Supporter

Postby chad28 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:20 am

I like the 2 part style it makes the show alot easyer to listen to because i listen to a bunch of other podcasts an only one other show comes out on those days and a 3 hour show is a little much.
http://Orangeloungeradio.com - Way better than gamefaqs
chad28
New Listener
New Listener

Postby danzik » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:18 am

Personally,
I prefer one huge show. It's kind of a pain to sync and resync to get both pieces. Considering also some days I just burn it to CD rather than doing the show itunes method, I'd much prefer it in on big file.
Edit: I do realize I'm way late to the party...
danzik
New Listener
New Listener

Postby ExhibitMayhem » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:41 pm

I feel it needs to be one big show right after the show is done. The news gets outdated and the show doesnt have that continuous flow to it. I only listen to the podcast after both parts are out because it's like watching the beginning of a movie one day and the rest another day. Sure you get the whole content,but it doesnt have the flow and continuity when you get it all at once. Having a 3 hour show is great and doesnt bother most people who listen to podcasts. Most people I know who listen to podcasts are ones who enjoy talk radio and listen to 4-5 hour shows like Coast to Coast AM,Howard Stern,ect. I really enjoy listening to a 2 1/2 - 3 hour podcast because it's a SHOW and feels like it.

Please put it out in one big show.
ExhibitMayhem
New Listener
New Listener

Postby OneWingedAngel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:24 am

I think we still need it in 2 parts (I listen to the show on my psp and unfortunately i'm overseas so I can't listen live)

but I definitly need them on the same day or at least the next day

so to those who say otherwise, I say :evil: BURN :twisted:
"That last bit of light is always the hardest to snuff out."- Sephiroth, KH2
OneWingedAngel
New Listener
New Listener

Podcast Delivery

Postby pkjr92 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:36 am

I would like it if a giant, full episode were to come out right after, because as soon as I get the show, I listen to the entire part. This leaves me with a feeling of "I wish I could listen to part two as well..." However, it would be a problem for people with slow computers, or downloading right onto their PSP's (which reminds me, I REALLY like the ability to direct download from the PSP site, because I can't read an RSS feed off of my PS3. This direct download is great!).
pkjr92
Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)