Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio 194 - 8 / 6 / 06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio 194 - 8 / 6 / 06

Postby skie » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:49 pm

E3 Media Festival... Americas VG Expo... Castlevania: Symphony of the Night to come to XBOX Live Arcade... Street Fighter 2 sells fast on XB360... The list of future XBLArcade games grows and grows... Minnesota gaming law found unconstitutional, but sponsor says 'never give up'... Are video games to cause for teen pregnancy?... Nintendo and Microsoft sued over patent... Nintendo to speak in Germany and reveal new Wii titles... Mortal Kombat to come to the Wii... Ubisoft announces 7 Wii titles... Prince of Persia headed to the Wii... Was the price of the Wii revealed by 7-11?... Release Dates... EA to shut down servers for old games... UK Police wants Reservoir Dogs game banned... Japan hates Loco Roco... and more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

No Time

Postby robbway » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:54 am

I just listened to the games causing pregnancy. Here's the deal:
1) Only TEENS can have teen-pregnancy.
2) Teens play MORE games then adults.
3) The teen-pregnancies are therefore more likely to also be gamers than adult unplanned pregnancies.

The only real conclusion you can make is that teen-pregancy is because the age of the girls is TEEN. It begs the question.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:17 am

Schools don't make you pregnant? Then why did I learn the rhythm method there? :P
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:52 pm

When I was in health in HS I got no sex ed what so ever!!!! I think schools should really be giving out condoms, I went to a CVS near me and they have all the condoms locked up and have to be asked for specifically!!!! Don't they have any idea that it will scare away younger people? but that is proabably the point.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby YURILOVER » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:29 am

We had sex ed in our Middle School (but it was a private school), and the nurse who was teaching us told as that she likes to think the vagina and the uterus and the ovaries look like a moose head. That was the high point of everyones day that day. Of course, she didnt tell us that we had to use condoms when we played Halo over Xbox live.
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby VxJasonxV » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:02 am

My only Sex Ed class was in Elementary school... 5th grade to be specific.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Eddy » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:13 am

We had Sex Ed once in 5th grade, once in 8th grade, once in 10th, and once in 12th.

And they hand out condoms each time.

Cuz you know, those crazy 11 year olds are going to start having sex.
Eddy
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby YURILOVER » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:34 pm

Eddy wrote:We had Sex Ed once in 5th grade, once in 8th grade, once in 10th, and once in 12th.

And they hand out condoms each time.

Cuz you know, those crazy 11 year olds are going to start having sex.
Yes of course, what 11 year old doesnt have sex during a heated game of Galaga?
Click All Zig.
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby LocoRoco » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:00 pm

i've had sex ed every year since 5th.
LocoRoco
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Arimasen » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:49 pm

The beginning of this weeks show was hilarious. I was listening to the podcast after the live show was over and I noticed a small noise behind the "do video games cause teen pregnacy" part at the beginning... I think it was skie holding in his laughter (it was barely noticable but I heard it) and possibly at last minute turning the show over to LOKI.
Arimasen
Supporter
Supporter

Postby skie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:50 pm

B's up:

Motion Sensing on the Nintendo DS... Chocobo DS... Current XBLA games to get vision enhancements... Gears of War on Nov 12th... New Guitar Hero II tracks... MTV honors game music, sorta... EA & Sega Sammy report losses... Games used to treat PTSD... Crytek preps for PS3... SNK not developing for PS3 until 2009... Atari waiting on PS3 until 2007... Stranglehold delayed... Canada taking pre-orders for new bundle... All about Tingle... Spore on consoles... Entitlements on PS3... Identical next gen systems... and more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DJPooEater » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:12 pm

Mortal Kombat on the Wii huh?!?

...sorry just wanted to talk about something other then the pregnancy thing..... Kintaro's pregnant huh?!?!
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Podcasts Are Work

Postby robbway » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:00 am

I just started a podcast (robbway's gamecast on iTunes, robbways gamecast on Podcast Alley--go figure) that focuses on the older games (because I don't want to compete with OLR). The job is more like work and play. I write, record, edit, and produce the thing, especially since I'm the only one on it. My last 45 minute episode took 4 hours.

I'm a n00bcaster, but I've gotten pretty good at editing. Sometimes you don't want to write your notes. Sometimes you don't feel like recording/editing (I do both together). So it is a major chore that often absorbs Friday and Sunday nights.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)