Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 188 - 6 / 26 / 06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 188 - 6 / 26 / 06

Postby skie » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:22 pm

Sonic has a birthday (but so do we)... New Super Mario Bros sells strong... XBOX Live Arcade coming to retail?... Lumines Live news... More XBOX 360 accessories... simplified controller for xbox arcade... XBOX 360 price drop coming soon?... Pimp my gameboy... Updates on recent gaming laws... More parents ignoring responsibilities?... Need for Speed: Carbon... Soul Calibur 4 details... Kings Quest 3 details... Release dates... 10th Anniversary Tomb Raider... Clock tower movie... Silent Hill Haunted House... Uwe Boll picks a fight contender... and more!

Part B will be up wednesday... and it's even better than the first half, there's a huge argument during it, lol. :)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby The23rdMagus » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:28 pm

And a few more smart-ass remarks - only because Jamie stole all my bad jokes! *shakes fist*
The future is comin' on...
The23rdMagus
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Graywulf » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:33 am

Not sure why core was going to release tomb raider on the PSP anyhow wasnt looking forward to paying that much for another instalment.

Just waiting for the emulator at the end of the year and see how much the download for the old tomb raiders will be and decide if Its a fair enough price to download them.

Also a simplified controller is stupid and if it cost as much as a PS2 remote then maybe it will be fine, but to make an observation arent the games where we hit one button through the whole game only RPGs?

so a simplified controller can work for one genre and for fighting games perhaps 3 buttons would be best hit kick and super hit. But isnt this the stupidest reality of some games.
Graywulf
Supporter
Supporter

Postby bandit » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:40 pm

Well everyone we didn't do it this week but maybe on a future show the secret "SONG 4" will win the Cage Match! :lol:

Song 4 was decided in the chatroom to be Wookie Wookie by Machoman and if it weren't for 12 random people we would have had the first chatroom decided cage match victory!

Maybe we'll have better luck next time. :D
bandit
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Mori » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:42 pm

Sadly I wasn't around to see the whole cage match.

Ah well, I'll catch it next time. Excellent episode as a whole, although it dragged on a bit at times.
Mori
New Listener
New Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:31 pm

Sorry i had to vote guys... Pdiddy was gonna get me...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby tweak_ » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:47 am

meet me here on I R C
L O L O L
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Xbox 360 Markdown?

Postby robbway » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:23 am

Guys, these are all from my own imagination, but....

I believe if there is a markdown of Xbox 360, it will only be the core system. The Premium one has a slight markdown built-in. In fact, I think a clever strategy would be to release the separate hard drives with greater capacity and charge $25 more for it. Then, the people who buy it will be glad to get 30G instead of 20, but the difference in price from 2005 and 2006 will probably allow MS to build the thing for the same price as the 20G.

I'm going to repeat my disclaimer, so that I make it clear, that I made up these ideas. I have no information to support them. It's all for the sake of discussion.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:33 am

Man, Microsoft should take a price cut in stride. =\ $400 is still rather up there.

I agree with the Core system dealy. I'd buy a Core when it drops in price AND when the bigger hard drives come out.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:14 am

I think that I've changed my mind. I want a Wii. Its going to be the only resonable priced next gen for me.

tweak_ wrote:meet me here on I R C
L O L O L

Why are you quoting less than three?
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Blackwolf » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:40 am

And to respond...

...Yes, Jamie, there are many horrible drivers in Georgia. I am the only one in the entire state who is not.
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

The Deadly Duo

Postby robbway » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:48 am

Blackwolf wrote:And to respond...

...Yes, Jamie, there are many horrible drivers in Georgia. I am the only one in the entire state who is not.

You know how they say drinking and driving don't mix? Well I spotted an equally deadly mix: a granny talking on the cell phone while driving in a target-rich parking lot.

There are bad drivers everywhere. Metropolitan areas have more bad drivers per mile due to sheer mathematics. Some areas are worse than others. The Washington DC Beltway is just so much scarier than the Baltimore one. You literally have to drive differently.

It's no surprise that California cities are even worse. I actually drive to the Vegas airport instead of LA from Barstow, just to avoid it.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:03 am

Here's a point of complete randomness but when flying to LA, I reccommend the Bob Hope Airport (Burbank)... that's where I fly into most any time I'm flying to LA. It's a tiny little airport compared to LAX, but it's really not that far from LA, it's just on the north end closer to Hollywood. Traffic around LAX can be a nightmare.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby TheIchibanCrush » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:29 pm

Blackwolf wrote:...Yes, Jamie, there are many horrible drivers in Georgia. I am the only one in the entire state who is not.

He may be right on this now. But I live in Athens where everything is slooooooooow, so when it comes to Atlanta, I'm like the annoying grandma who goes 15 miles under the speed limit.

Earlier I had thought Uwe offered Lowtax an invite initially, which therefor renders my ability to read, so... I was half right on that. And yes, I'll probably end up spending $10 to see Lowtax get beat up, BUT ONLY OUT OF LOVE!

Oh, and there were actually a lot of goons that went to see Bloodrayne either 1. to watch a shitty movie that may offer comedy value or 2. out of pity for Uwe Boll, which is not many. But none that went because they actually think Boll has talent. So yeah, if anything, goons would probably help Postal get a little scratch. Not enough to break box office mind you, but you'd be surprised how many devoted goons there are out there that would pay just for seeing Lowtax box Uwe.
TheIchibanCrush
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Blackwolf » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:19 am

TheIchibanCrush wrote:He may be right on this now. But I live in Athens where everything is slooooooooow, so when it comes to Atlanta, I'm like the annoying grandma who goes 15 miles under the speed limit.

I miss Athens. I still think that my graduation was accidental. They gave me that piece of paper just to get rid of me. :<
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)