Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 184 5/21/06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 184 5/21/06

Postby skie » Sun May 21, 2006 11:02 pm

Why we believe the Wii is coming out in mid-October... Price hinted at by Swedish Paper... Opera Browser with Wii... Louisiana Bill... XBOX 360 Hacked... No PS3 Pre-orders until October?... PS3 in the UK... Mother 3 Coming to Europe but not US?... Major Nelson speculates PS3 online won't be free?... PS3 UI like PSP?... Game Boys: The Movie... Metal Gear Solid Movie... Warcraft hitting the big screen... Animal Crossing Anime... 360 meets Trump?... Booth Boys of E3... and much more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Reenee » Sun May 21, 2006 11:08 pm

Metal Gear Solid Movie

Funny how people are knowing about this NOW. Kotaku got it down way back on May 1st!. :roll:

Tetris Piece!
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon May 22, 2006 12:36 am

I remember hearing that MGS was going to be made after MGS was released but that dissapeared.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Oscar Winner

Postby robbway » Mon May 22, 2006 4:59 am

I didn't listen yet, so pardon for the possibility of duplication.

Oscar Winner Ben Kingsley stars in BloodRayne, out on DVD this Tuesday! I saw it in Best Buy's ad. That ad probably cost more than the theatrical release sales. That'll teach you to bid roles on Texas Hold 'em! :lol:

For Marylanders, I was perusing the Senate rolls (OMG! Practical use of the Internet!), and discovered the video game obscenity law is passed in MD. However, the first clause about having no artistic or political value pretty much makes the law unenforceable. Artistic value includes entertainment, which games are by definition. Political value might be "free speech" issues. The scary part is that if someone intentionally sells a game with "obscene" content, they could be fined and/or jailed. I expect it to fail its first legal test.

EDIT: I listened to the law-talk. It sounds like there's only one text for the law making the rounds. MD's law sounds exactly the same.
Last edited by robbway on Mon May 22, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby gs191 » Mon May 22, 2006 8:43 am

What I meant in chat last night about letting the politicians’ pass their laws is that most of them will get fought in court and loose and hopefully future senators and representatives don’t get brainwashed by today's agenda. There is a strong opposition that has anything regarding our first amendment right. When ever a video game law goes into effect, it’s guaranteed its going to be fought by people like the ACLU.

The current proposed law that’s going around in VA is that the games must have a rating and games must have a 3 inch label affixed right on the box, stating that this game is not suitable for anybody under the age of 17. That's so stupid, uninformed parents can't avoid the warning label on the stupid box. Like thats going to work...

I would just like to say that this year is mid-term election year. Please follow the political races closely in your state/district. Politicians’ are tying to regain the senate/house and they will do anything to get back in including passing copyright, video game, net neutrality, and/or any laws that you do not agree with. If you don’t vote, that elected official may just be the deciding factor that gets that video game law passed. So please write to your congressman, educate the public and your parents. Knowledge is power and with that power, we can shape our future to be a better future for us all

//steps off cheap-ass wooden box
Admin of the OLR Frappr Map.
gs191
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Graywulf » Wed May 24, 2006 12:01 pm

Hello show 187 was a good listen changed my veiw on some things.

I listened and heard loki bash Sony even tho he is a Sony fan seems hes lost his fanboy status tho. Dont think its cause he bought a 360 for $700 tho.

But Loki you oppened my ears to the realization that yes Sony has done things the same as everyone else who has created games before i mean hardware before.. But thats allways going to be the argument for console creaters it all falls on the rumble which showed up on nintendo first but never took off.

Changed my veiw on Sony a bit yes and I do see Sony as lacking in Inovation without a degree of help and support from other companies.

Its funny even tho I am stating that im also thinking that a system needs tons of support to be anything at all. After all I dont buy a system cause it has the potential to play good games but it has good games to play.

And that leads me to the reason I would buy a PS3 for it does things simular to a PC like webbrowsing and music and video downloading stuff I allready do on my PC and I bought 4 of those without games.

We all have our own reasons to buy or not buy systems as I didnt buy a 360 and chose to get a Gamecube instead cause of the same reason loki had stated reasons for not getting a PS3 the 360 had no games I wanted when it came out .. Its taken a year for it to get a game I might buy the system for but I want more than just one game or it will collect dust like my Gamecube.

And major neilson should visit other sites beside XBox sites for his Sony news in one word Propaganda..

Sony allready fired back at the no online gaming news if this is not true it has the same validity as the site which stated different...

http://www.ps3land.com/article-378.php

Just a note to a feeling ive allways had about the no purpose XBox and microsofts venture into the gaming world..Whenever I visit a Game store or a Frys Electronic depot I have allways noticed for the past 3 or 4 years that the XBox has been around that people are on the buying Playstation games not xbox games.

I feel that Gates shoud keep writing those checks tho for without the XBox then Sony would have no compitition that does frighten me quite a bit. and thats the only credit I can offer a Ybox for thats its purpose.

On a different thought I felt that the tatoo on the bald man for GTA was a bit much Halo on one arm yes it first apeared on the XBox but not GTA that would be on the YBox.

Sony will allways have the development backing allways have and Xbox will just get it later ... and if you want to focus on the simulatity of the controllers I think sony's intent for the controller was allways motion sensitivity after all the first design looked like it could fly. and that was original but hey it hurt everyones hand before they could touch it ...

I think I should stop there I can go on and on.
Graywulf
Supporter
Supporter

Postby skie » Wed May 24, 2006 9:40 pm

Part B up...
Are the PS3 games that we saw at E3 really launch titles?... Will the PS3 barter to get rumble?... Developers frustrated with lack of PS3 kits... FFVII remake on the PS3 or even the DS?... HDMI cable for the 360 after all, maybe... Devil may Cry on the 360... Next Gen Rez... New Oblivion Add-On... Katamari Prince joins the cast of Pac Man World Rally... new NiGHTS game... Super Smash Bros Brawl character suggestions... SNK loves the Wii... Be wary of E3 spyware... NCSoft too noisy?... Sony to support Homebrew on PS3?... Wii Demos were actually on Gamecubes... FFXIII on the 360?... Capcom's showing at Tokyo Game Show... Nintendo Amusement Park and much more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)