Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 180 4/9/06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 180 4/9/06

Postby skie » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:18 am

First Revolution Screenshots leaked... DS Download Stations showing up... DS Lite in the US this May?... Super Mario Bros. Stamps... Zookeeper coming to XBox Live and Revolution... Apple to become bi-polar... Conservative pro-gaming blogger... M Rated games average 104 deaths per hour... Mature rated games may contain Mature rated content, imagine that... Jackie Poo's next modest proposal... A strange JT novelty indeed... Pilotwings sequel in the works?... Tomb Raider Legends Demo on XBox Live... Pimp your horse in Oblivion... Letter from S.O.E. for PC Gamer magazine... IGN Discloses something on the Revolution... all this, Bob Ross and MORE, including a giveaway of 24: The Game!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DJPooEater » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:12 pm

Great Show! I am noticing one thing....everytime Dark Sakura is not on the show there seems to be alot of penis references.....just an observation :lol:
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Revolution Kiddie Console?

Postby robbway » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:53 am

Next time PS2 fanboys say the Revolution is a kiddie system, just say "Neopets." Xbo360 fanboys? "Viva Pinata." All the systems have super-violence games and super-cute games. E - Everyone will find this game cuddly.

As for extra penis, Dark Sakura said "dickdickdickdickdickdickdick!" a couple of times in one of the podcast shows, so I don't think it has anything to do with her absence.

Plus, I distinctly heard "vagina" a couple times. They just don't discriminate at OLR!
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Blackwolf » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:13 am

Actually the best kiddie argument I ever heard from a Sony fanboy was back when I was volunteering for this crappy TV station's IRC channel. They went on and on about how Nintendo was all for kiddies and stuff, and only kids games appear there, and only 8 year olds ever play it.

Then he had to go. Here's what he said:

"ok im gone you kiddies keep playing your nintendo im off to go play kingdom hearts"
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Reenee » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:49 am

Blackwolf wrote:"ok im gone you kiddies keep playing your nintendo im off to go play kingdom hearts"

Uh... >.>
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:16 am

Blackwolf wrote:when I was volunteering for this crappy TV station's IRC channel.

Here's what he said:

"ok im gone you kiddies keep playing your nintendo im off to go play kingdom hearts"

Oh Bobby, your post made me giggle twice :D
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby TheIchibanCrush » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:50 pm

Regarding Jackie-poo... I actually hope no one makes a game to his discription. Because with his last Modest Proposal, what did he do? Back out of his promise of donating $10,000 to charity when someone called his bluff. Oh and let's not even get into the hissy fits he targetted towards everyone who pointed out Jack's lack of credibility, or paid the fee on his behalf.

Why are we even giving a shit about this parasitic ambulance chasing, morally bankrupted, failure of a lawyer and a human being anymore? In the grand scheme of things, has he had an ounce of influence in the way we as gamers or the game industry does it's thing? No. Not at all. What we have here is an overglorified internet troll. Nothing more, nothing less. His own actions weaken any and all chance for these holy crusades coming through. This isn't even about fundimentalist antics anymore, because it seems even those guys are laughing at him.

So no, I wouldn't give him what he wants; more people to cry wolf about to the authorities. It's the troll's bait, folks. Don't bite.
TheIchibanCrush
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:00 pm

TheIchibanCrush wrote:Regarding Jackie-poo... I actually hope no one makes a game to his discription. Because with his last Modest Proposal, what did he do? Back out of his promise of donating $10,000 to charity when someone called his bluff. Oh and let's not even get into the hissy fits he targetted towards everyone who pointed out Jack's lack of credibility, or paid the fee on his behalf.

Why are we even giving a shit about this parasitic ambulance chasing, morally bankrupted, failure of a lawyer and a human being anymore? In the grand scheme of things, has he had an ounce of influence in the way we as gamers or the game industry does it's thing? No. Not at all. What we have here is an overglorified internet troll. Nothing more, nothing less. His own actions weaken any and all chance for these holy crusades coming through. This isn't even about fundimentalist antics anymore, because it seems even those guys are laughing at him.

So no, I wouldn't give him what he wants; more people to cry wolf about to the authorities. It's the troll's bait, folks. Don't bite.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me..."

Also, that's why I wanted to include the 'JT TP' story... nothing we do will ever change his mind or be good enough for him, so let's just go ahead and wipe our asses with him. :P

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby TheIchibanCrush » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:32 pm

Here's the thing that makes me marginally sad about the TP.

My last name is Thompson. No, not even a distant relation as far as I know. And if so, I speak on behalf of the entire clan when I say that we disown J-Poo. I also have a grandfather and uncle both named "LORD VOLDEMORT". They both have better things to do than troll LJ communities devoted to the politics of video games and make legal threats to webcomic artists. Also, they're both named "James". Last I recall, "Jack" was a shortened nickname for James, not JOHN OR BRUCE.

I have too much respect for the family name to wipe my ass with it, even though there's some batshit insane lawyer already more or less doing it by just being himself. However, if they start making rolls with Jackie Poo's face on each ply, then I'd stock up.
TheIchibanCrush
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:40 pm

TheIchibanCrush wrote:Here's the thing that makes me marginally sad about the TP.

My last name is Thompson. No, not even a distant relation as far as I know. And if so, I speak on behalf of the entire clan when I say that we disown J-Poo. I also have a grandfather and uncle both named "LORD VOLDEMORT". They both have better things to do than troll LJ communities devoted to the politics of video games and make legal threats to webcomic artists. Also, they're both named "James". Last I recall, "Jack" was a shortened nickname for James, not JOHN OR BRUCE.

I have too much respect for the family name to wipe my ass with it, even though there's some batshit insane lawyer already more or less doing it by just being himself. However, if they start making rolls with Jackie Poo's face on each ply, then I'd stock up.

Well I can definetly say I can relate, as my last name is reno (ala janet) so I can see where you're coming from. But yeah, if they made JT TP with his fugly mug that'd be much better.

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkSakura » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:51 pm

Geez, I'm gone one night and what happens? LOL.

I'll be back next Sunday!
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Fry » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:58 am

^Yay!
Fry
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Reenee » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:48 am

Less beefcake, more cheesecake!
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

The Problem With Jackie-poo

Postby robbway » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:05 am

Is anyone else insulted that Jackie-poo equates himself to Thomas Paine? Umm, no. JPoo is nowhere near as articulate, nor as clever, as Thomas Paine. He is good at getting attention, in the same way a temper tantrum in the middle of the mall's food court gets attention.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:11 am

Part B actually went up last night, whoops!

PS3 Price revealed?... Microsoft acquires Lionhead... Cloning Clyde coming to XBox Live Arcade... Kameo updates on XBox Live... Michigan gaming law ruled unconstitutional... Check your XBL Friends from your windows desktop... In the Groove Haxxored?... Super Mario Pranksters won't go to jail... Fight Cancer, Gaming Style!... Spend the Night cancelled due to funding... Red Octane CEO says more music games on the way... Fast & the Furious coming to PSP & PS2... Plug n Play controllers from NamcoBandai... Capcom Japan being investigated for tax fraud... Retro Namco games come to XBL... Lara Croft enters the record books... and something for those who feel an intimate connection with Sora... very.... intimate... o_O ... (and more!)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)