Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 174 - 2/12/06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Early Part B thoughts

Postby robbway » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:18 am

I only got as far as Jackiepoo. So I have two comments, so far:

V,T&A: Violence, Tits-and-Ass will definitely get better/more detailed with increased graphics capabilities. However, I dare say less realistic. Walk into any McDonalds on a hot summer Friday, step back from the lunch line, and take a good look. Luckily, graphic designers understand that in the fantasy world, everything can be flawless and jiggly. Unfortunately, in GTA, it probably means hairy gimp ass-crack.

Jackiepoo protesteth too much! He gets off on attention. Try to make an honest point, and he'll disagree as long as it keeps him in the news. Flowers for Jack? Donations in Jack's name? Crazy Jackiepoo stories? He soaks it all into his selfish little world as affirmation that he's serving the Lord's (that is, his own) will. He is like a parody of a chapter in an Abnormal Psychology Textbook. Abbey Normal....

Oprah: Ah, I'm priviledged to Oprah's early career. She spent several years as a news reporter/talk show (People are Talking) host in Baltimore when I was growing up. One snow day they had an :oops: X-rated :oops: Atari games show. It was meant to expose the dark underbelly of the gaming world. It was hilarious and a bit racy with words like "rape," "penis," and "masturbation." 8O :? :twisted: Avant garde! I remember "Custer's Revenge" and some game similar to "Kaboom!," except the buckets were women, and they weren't catching bombs.... Which brings me full circle to my original comment about graphics. In blocky Atari days, the representation of the women was with ridiculously large rectangular tits and ass, and the men looked like the Hostess Twinkie mascot with a toothpick. Had they known that was going to be a snow day, they would have rescheduled, I'm sure. :lol:
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: Early Part B thoughts

Postby Blackwolf » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:29 am

robbway wrote:and some game similar to "Kaboom!," except the buckets were women, and they weren't catching bombs....

Beat 'em and Eat 'em.

Don't ask me how I know that.
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby krispykreme » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:32 am

I really enjoyed the story about swearing on Halo 2 live. I laughed so hard at "Ass bag". It made my day awesome.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby freakotaku14 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:11 pm

great show, just one thing

when Skie said nintendo was teaming up with opera, he did mean the web browser right. Casue it didnt sound like it.
freakotaku14
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Sexy Video Game Cheats

Postby robbway » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:28 pm

You forgot a really old "cheat" on Smurf's Adventure (Colecovision). Make Smurfette's dress disappear! That is, if you're into 3-inch blue chicks created by Gargamel.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: Early Part B thoughts

Postby sephiroth1215 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:08 pm

Blackwolf wrote:
robbway wrote:and some game similar to "Kaboom!," except the buckets were women, and they weren't catching bombs....

Beat 'em and Eat 'em.

Don't ask me how I know that.

Ahahahaha that is the funniest game I have ever seen. For those who don't know all I have to say is that there are penises on top of a building and mouths on the ground..........put the two together.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby BlairIsTheKing » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:41 pm

Is this code just another Memories unlock?

I didn't catch the episode that was first posted.
BlairIsTheKing
New Listener
New Listener

Postby YURILOVER » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:41 am

is it just me, or did the podcast I get seem cut? I mean, the first one for the live show was fine, but the second half of it wasn't. It seemed there was more to the podcast. Anyone else have this problem?
YURILOVER
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:57 am

yuri that happens sometimes, try re-downloading it.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby letshavetea » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:10 am

thats happened to me before aswell... just delete it and redownload it.... simple enough :P
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:13 am

Yurilover, try to keep whatever it is you're downloading the podcast with as the frontmost application and make sure nothing else is using internet bandwidth.

skie, further pwning: Although you guys were introduced on iTunes after the E3 'casts, oddly enough iTunes actually displayed previous podcasts you guys had done. Yes, that included the E3 productions.

Much <3 to Apple. :3 So convenient.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:15 am

OH WHATEVER

:P
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Reenee » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:26 am

hlaughalgua XD It's not my fault I remember very obscure items.

The next-gen Sonic having 1,000,000 polygons may sound cool, but I'm wondering if that's just obnoxiously excessive. I don't think it would take that many to make Sonic look smooth. Granted it's not just only polygons involved since the amount of polygon on things affects other things like special effects (imagine Sonic having a low polycount and getting drenched with water; the specular [shiny] effect would look blocky), but you're not always going to see Sonic close up all the time. It's only really convenient for the in-game movies inbetween levels and nothing else. Do recall you're actually going to play the game, and that many polygons will affect gameplay. :P
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Poly want a Megabit?

Postby robbway » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:33 am

Reenee wrote:hlaughalgua XD It's not my fault I remember very obscure items.

The next-gen Sonic having 1,000,000 polygons may sound cool, but I'm wondering if that's just obnoxiously excessive. I don't think it would take that many to make Sonic look smooth. Granted it's not just only polygons involved since the amount of polygon on things affects other things like special effects (imagine Sonic having a low polycount and getting drenched with water; the specular [shiny] effect would look blocky), but you're not always going to see Sonic close up all the time. It's only really convenient for the in-game movies inbetween levels and nothing else. Do recall you're actually going to play the game, and that many polygons will affect gameplay. :P

You're absolutely right. It doesn't take that many polygons to make Sonic look good. It reminds me of the Metal Gear 4 preview for PS3, where they say "Snake's mustache has more polygons than any single item in Metal Gear 3." Why? It doesn't need to be that way.

Besides, most of the time the polygon count will be much smaller. The further you are away, the less polygons are required. I think for Snake it's because of some of the cinematics and it's probably the same for Sonic.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: Poly want a Megabit?

Postby VxJasonxV » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:05 pm

robbway wrote:It reminds me of the Metal Gear 4 preview for PS3, where they say "Snake's mustache has more polygons than any single item in Metal Gear 3." Why? It doesn't need to be that way.
Every single hair folicle needs to shift/breeze in the wind.
That's why.
Without that ability, the game just blows.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)