Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

New Format

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

New Format

Postby caesar » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:57 am

First of all thanks for doing such a great service to the community of gamers. A while back I suggested doing a little less "news ripped from Joystiq" and more personal stuff like more of what games you are playing and why. You guys did not dissapoint. Wow, Skye - the gay thing. TMI, dude. No seriously. I really appreciated the way you related your personal feelings about the WOW situation. That's what I mean about being more than news. I think the chemistry you guys have works well and is one reason it is entertaining and let's face it, we all want to be entertained. Gamingsteve is probably the best "informational" podcast - but its one guy, and although he is pretty good, it can get boring (especially when it is 2 hours long) Back to your podcast. I really do not like the "FU of the week" it's angry and negative. Sorry DarkS. Also, DarkS - are you a hypochondriac? You are always whining about your plague, your allergies, your dogbite. I would really be impressed if for one episode, you said "I feel great!" Anyway - keep up the good work and
keep telling us about your (and your listeners) personal gaming experiences) :D
caesar
New Listener
New Listener

Postby metroid_eater » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:05 am

I just think the shows keep getting better and better.. You guys are celebrities in my book.. which reminds me... Skie, can I have your autograph? Skie, not to much info... freedom of speech is what makes the world go round.. Keep on rockin guys
"Sleep, those little slices of death, how I loathe them" - Poe
metroid_eater
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Misty » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:41 pm

Yeah, get off your butts and make the shirts. When I get mine, I want a signed one. :) ^^;

EDIT:
caesar wrote:I really do not like the "FU of the week" it's angry and negative. Sorry DarkS.

Speaking as one of the more experienced fangirls of the station... I have to say I like the FUs of the week in any form they take, even though I'm not able to participate live (EDIT 2: currently)because of my damned computer at home. :cry:
Last edited by Misty on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby metroid_eater » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:15 pm

the fu's of the week rule.
"Sleep, those little slices of death, how I loathe them" - Poe
metroid_eater
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby krispykreme » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:30 pm

metroid_eater wrote:the fu's of the week rule.
Well said.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:51 pm

Yeah, the FU's are kind of a throwback to the "old show" that we did to give things more of a personal touch... although I appreciate the feedback I can't really see us shifting the segment at this time.

It's kind of funny because the Advice Column was kind of supposed to be the "anti" FU segment in a way... but... ya know things change with the show from time to time so maybe we'll try something new or different again in the future.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby lordkaosu » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:05 am

FU's are great, they can just get hilarious sometimes. Just let it all out!
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby LOKI » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:30 am

I'm not a huge fan of the FU's but it's kinda tradition now that we've been doing it for 170+ shows. I do promise going forward to either have a legit FU or none at all. Some of my joke FU's are pretty retarded and not really funny.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:25 pm

Misty wrote:Yeah, get off your butts and make the shirts. When I get mine, I want a signed one. :) ^^;

EDIT:
caesar wrote:I really do not like the "FU of the week" it's angry and negative. Sorry DarkS.

Speaking as one of the more experienced fangirls of the station... I have to say I like the FUs of the week in any form they take, even though I'm not able to participate live (EDIT 2: currently)because of my damned computer at home. :cry:

hey if she gets a signed one I want a signed one :P

(and I don't take every story off joystiq, just the occasional one that sounds interesting...)

DT
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sithspawn » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:49 pm

LOKI wrote:I'm not a huge fan of the FU's but it's kinda tradition now that we've been doing it for 170+ shows. I do promise going forward to either have a legit FU or none at all. Some of my joke FU's are pretty retarded and not really funny.

No dude...your FU's are funny...

Your FU about fast food was GREAT!

I do have an idea though...how about listener submitted FU's? Let my FU of the week be for Blizzard and their bullshit server queues. Get off your ass and fix your problems instead of inconveniencing your players with queues. Crawl out of your fucking money bin and fix your server infrastructure. It BLOWS!
sithspawn
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkSakura » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:10 pm

Excuse me, but that has to be the single most ridiculous accusation I have ever seen. I'm sure my X-rays that showed pneumonia and the photos from my allergic reaction will suffice.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

no offense

Postby caesar » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:21 am

No offense, DarkSakura about the hypochondriac thing, but pnuemonia, allergies, dog bite, plague (that went on for weeks) what will it be this week, food poisoning from the ToFu?

Stop your kvetching!
caesar
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkSakura » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:36 am

I wonder why it seems to matter so much to you. After all, how do my allergies and various illnesses affect your life? I don't see why you're making a big deal out if it, seeing that I'm over whatever it was I had.

Really, it looks like you're just looking for some reason to single me out.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Re: no offense

Postby danzik » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:07 pm

The FUs are kind of funny sometimes, the background music tends to be kind of loud though...
danzik
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkSakura » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:10 pm

Thank you! And yeah, I've mentioned to a certain someone who works a certain soundboard... :wink:
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)