Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio 173 - 2/5/06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio 173 - 2/5/06

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:35 am

As some of you will hear, Rob is quite busy and forgot to post this update.
But that's no problem, because he's busy.
Sooooo!

New PS3 Details... How much will the Revolution be?... FFXI bans gilfarmers... Followup on the WoW issues... EA Signs Tiger for 6 Years... Revolution Teasers at GDC?... Xbox 360 Dashboard Update & 2006 Projections... Super nintendo games wanted on the Revolution... Duke Nukem Forever in 2006? ... Super Mario Bros. Soundboard... Boycott of Gun?... SOE Artist talks about being fired... American Idol hopeful sings the Jigglypuff song... Dragon Quest continuing in America... Why do American games fail in Japan... and more!!

Discuss ahoy!
Last edited by VxJasonxV on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:37 am

I want to double post to seperate my episode thoughts from the summary.

Rob, you waited to hope that something repaired itself.
If you had called that much sooner, you would have it replaced that much sooner :P.
Last edited by VxJasonxV on Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:33 am

I waited a day, not a week...? Got the Xbox 360 on Wednesday, Broke Thursday, Called Friday.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Nintendo Dead System

Postby robbway » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:42 am

I had a DS dead-on-arrival at Christmas. I still haven't sent it in, so the sooner is the better!

Apologies to Dark Sakura for making fun of marriage on the chatroom. It was a joke. BTW, the Java Chatroom works really well!

As for WoW, so many males play female characters and females play males. It's already gender jumbled. I think this alone should render all issues of player/character sexuality academic. As I said in the chatroom, only if a public chat starts getting nasty, it should be stopped.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:43 am

I don't mean to be off-topic, but I want touch on the ability for iPods playing a podcast where it was last stopped.

I have a 3rd Generation iPod. The one where there was the touchwheel and the four buttons on top of it that had red text. It has the latest firmware so there must be something not as particularly advanced or flexible as the fourth or fifth generations because it will not start where it left off.

So the ability to pick up where you left off must be something included in later models.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby tweak_ » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:46 am

I have a ipod video, and it remembers your place, to a extent. if you exit, turn it off, charge, whatever, itll go back to where you left off. But if you play A CD or playlist, it ownt be in the same spot when you go back to it. Same with videos.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:32 pm

Reenee wrote:I don't mean to be off-topic, but I want touch on the ability for iPods playing a podcast where it was last stopped.

I have a 3rd Generation iPod. The one where there was the touchwheel and the four buttons on top of it that had red text. It has the latest firmware so there must be something not as particularly advanced or flexible as the fourth or fifth generations because it will not start where it left off.

So the ability to pick up where you left off must be something included in later models.

Being able to pick up on your podcast where it left off is such a great feature, I couldn't imagine being without it(I use a pod photo, btw, got it cheapy cheap right after the videos came out).
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:34 pm

That really sucks about the XBox as well. The demo unit at my local Wal-Mart now has that error. They actually had a couple of units in recently as well, I really thought about picking one up. I think that was just the gaming addict inside talking. I didn't get it, and am glad. Especially now seeing the warm and friendly red "ring of lights" on, that busted demo unit just says "buy a 360!". Screw that, DS and Mario Kart is where it's at. I can't get enough of it.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:19 pm

lordkaosu wrote: Screw that, DS and Mario Kart is where it's at. I can't get enough of it.

Amen

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:39 pm

Heh I just noticed that cores are kind of easy to find now. Best does have it's own return policy and you could've returned it there instead. If I were you I would not have gotten a core unit anyway, they are just crap and useless. So if you have a chance to get a 360 core don't and wait to get the the real version unlike someone else we know..........

P.S.- I don't appreciate those of you making fun of popanda behind her back........that means you nintendo_maniac. It was low and she is not an idiot.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby letshavetea » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:46 am

... umm last I knew the only difference between the core and the premium is the premium comes with a HDD.. (which you can buy seperately anyhow...) wait... no there is one other difference... the color of the disk tray slot thing.... on the premiums its silver on the cores its white...
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Mine is Unused, so far...

Postby robbway » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:14 am

letshavetea wrote:... umm last I knew the only difference between the core and the premium is the premium comes with a HDD.. (which you can buy seperately anyhow...) wait... no there is one other difference... the color of the disk tray slot thing.... on the premiums its silver on the cores its white...
The premiums used to have a DVD remote for all things video and music. I heard (via GamingSteve.com) that this pack-in is no longer featured. Given the upcoming Bunnymas, I think that is a mistake. It encourages people to dump their as-yet-undelivered presales and squirrel that money away for PS3 or Revolution. I'd be pea-eye-double-ssed if I reserved back in August.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:30 am

Only suckers preorder.

Unless it involves a good bonus. Gamestop does let you have old preorder extras with other titles as well(my latest is I got a Harvest Moon dog with a Sims 2 DS preorder and a Ninja Gaiden Black shirt with a Castlevania DS preorder). Most of the time though it's just garbage..."here, have a shitty demo disk!".
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby tweak_ » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:54 am

My last preorder scored me two DDR V-rares, and a DDR shirt that thad the lgo on the fron and music in every direction on the back.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:21 am

i got back from LA but i'm trying to catch up on tons of shit-- probably won't have part B up until the afternoon tomorrow before my show (which i do plan on doing tomorrow)-- so sorry for the delay ;_;
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)