Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 172 - 01/29/06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 172 - 01/29/06

Postby skie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:39 am

Interview with VP of content for GameTap Rick Sanchez... Nintendo redesigns the DS after all... Animal Crossing hack... LA Sues Rockstar over some hot coffee... Parents play video games too... Video Game Writer's conference... Texas wants to tax you for violent video games... Booth Babes banned at E3?... FFXI coming to the 360 in April... Is WOW against GLBT guilds?... and much more!

For those that weren't listening live, this will be a LONG cast... it was almost 3 hours of show tonight... part one is 80 minutes and part two is probably going to be 65-70. Hope you guys don't find it to be too long... let us know... enjoy!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby robbway » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:08 am

I found a good quote by Philip K. Dick on wikiquote.

Drug misuse is not a disease, it is a decision, like the decision to step out in front of a moving car. You would call that not a disease but an error in judgment. When a bunch of people begin to do it, it is a social error, a life-style. In this particular life-style the motto is "Be happy now because tomorrow you are dying," but the dying begins almost at once, and the happiness is a memory.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/A_Scanner_Darkly

The reason I use this quote is because it alludes to the cause-and-effect of decision making. Did NFS cause a car crash? No, it was a decision. Do you remember the parental argument "if all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?" Please note that despite the great influence of peer pressure, the decision is still yours!
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: Orange Lounge Radio Episode 172 - 01/29/06

Postby gs191 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:12 am

Oh great i'm gonna have to buy a bigger mp3 player now. I would have liked to lisen to the podcast live but couldn't because my car broke down. I hope i didnt miss much in the afterbirth...
Admin of the OLR Frappr Map.
gs191
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:35 am

Long shows are great. I suppose some don't like them for one reason or another but I say bring them on.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:11 pm

This was an awesome podcast. Just curious though but that interview was pre recorded wasn't it.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby sephiroth1215 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:21 pm

Honestly I think it was too long with almost no afterbirth, I like the more relaxed feel.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:20 pm

gs191 wrote:I hope i didnt miss much in the afterbirth...
The show bit into the Afterbirth.
You didn't miss anything. The chat room voted in a shit song (cage match), life went on.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:44 am

skie wrote:

For those that weren't listening live, this will be a LONG cast... it was almost 3 hours of show tonight... part one is 80 minutes and part two is probably going to be 65-70. Hope you guys don't find it to be too long... let us know... enjoy!

Probably my favorite podcast episode thus far. It was long because of the interview and I'm glad you didn't cut the other discussions short as a result because they were very insightful...and funny.

Postby VxJasonxV » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:09 am

Hahahahahaha.
I didn't notice this the first time around.

Rob says:
"I didn't know that!
What a cool!"

:P
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:52 am

Hey guys, sorry part B was delayed a little bit... my fault :x

Konami Gamers Day wrapup... Is Microsoft entering the home market?... Uwe Boll passes on the MGS movie (yay)... West Virginia partners with DDR... The Audition MMO... Video Game Endings... Capcom brings out Street Fighter Alpha collection... Katamari Damacy checks... Does playing games reduce pain?... and more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby letshavetea » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 am

I wonder what kind of pads they are getting.... i mean.. if they get the shitty ones this whole plan will go down the shitter real fast and make it a massive waste of money.... but if they get pads (and keep them up) that are good.... then this has a chance of working.

Think about during gym class how many of you abused the equipment?.... DDR pads arent really that... durable really....

My goal through High School has been to bring DDR into school somehow. And I have succeeded somewhat. I did a presentation on the health benefits of DDR during health class and I showed the teacher how great DDR is for people. I brought in so many "Before and After" storys that i printed out... and just demonstrated how DDR helps (showed the workout mode haha) Last year he talked to the school board and got them to put a PS2 and DDR EX2 into the JR High here.

Ive been meaning to print this out and bring it to him (the CNN article) and show him how other schools are implimenting DDR and I honestly belive that we might have something like this in the future going on in Wisconsin.

Then again... our school is so pressed with money right now that they are pushing for ANOTHER refferendum (we had one 3 years ago... after already cutting 6 teachers) so... unless if we get some other funding (like WV is) it will be impossible for it to happen....
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby lordkaosu » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:54 am

I think spending the money on the machine would be the only real way to go. It's the sturdiest and made to handle the most abuse. Even with a good pad, you have to worry about the console possibly taking abuse, or getting ripped off, and even the good pads don't compare to the actual arcade machine.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby krispykreme » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:01 pm

Loved part B. I enjoyed just about every second off it. Took my mind off of stupid finals and helped me relax. Plus it made me really happy to hear about Beatmania US.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby skie » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:31 pm

I'm *really* pleased, as I'm sure Jamie & Matt are too, that everyone is reacting so well to the new format. I know a lot of you were really skeptical, but I hope we've proved you wrong ;)

From my perspective, I *LOVE* it, and we should have probably made this kind of switch a year ago when we first started podcasting. I'm really feeling the show growing more and more... on the side you guys don't see, the show has a lot more structure now... maybe it's shining through in the finished product, I dunno :)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby lordkaosu » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:57 pm

Maybe you're less tired with this new format instead of before doing the live 3hr show then plopping out the podcast right after making it a late night.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)