Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 170 1/15/06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Postby robbway » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:05 am

skie wrote:Part B's up... I'm afraid if we wait much longer than wee hours of wednesday morning, the news gets old, so we'll try this "schedule" out...

If Wednesday ends up being "B-day" that's when most new releases hit the shelves. I listened to part A on my PSP. It's a handy multi-media device, but it certainly isn't built for it. Since it's designed as a handheld gaming console (imagine that), it isn't ruggedized for everyday use at work (music), at the gym (movies), or on trips.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Mr_Wendell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:31 am

I had a blast playing Card Captor Sakura Tetris...probably the only Tetris game I really got into...especially for battle mode...
Mr_Wendell
New Listener
New Listener

Postby krispykreme » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:25 pm

This Podcast rocked.

Not sure how i feel about the Skype thing.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby gamerdude1212 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:31 am

Yea, this week's podcasts were awesome. I hope that this DDR: Super Nova thing is amazing, because I cannot wait for this game. I was kind of skeptical about the format change, but much to my liking I have been proven very wrong =]
gamerdude1212
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Blackwolf » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:09 am

Was listening to part B today and just got to Rob's plug. Thanks again, man!

About Beggar Prince, there are a lot of people in the retro community who would be thrilled to get a new Genesis game done with the production quality that Super Fighter Team is bringing to the table. Granted, they're only making 600, but they have the true clamshell case and a 27-page full-color instruction manual, so it's a very professional production.

Brandon Cobb defended the price and some other things on my show this week, which you can find on the Web Links here at OLR. (I want my number of hits to go up on the web links page cuz I'm lame like that.) :D But I feel it's a great and informative interview, and combined with the Freezepop interview on OLR, this has been a great week for interviews on internet radio/podcasts IMHO.

And yes, I preordered it. Hopefully my Genesis will work with it - the cartridge port has been acting funky for the past few years - the Sega CD works fine, though. I'll probably be doing a review of it on my show after I get it.

-Bobby Blackwolf
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby letshavetea » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:33 am

I kinda want to order it just to add to my game collection... but then again i kinda dont....
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:49 am

I just barely re-listened to the Mailbag portion and I would like to make the following at MacMan:

There's no such thing as an iMac mini G6. minis are their own line of computers and iMacs are pretty much taking their own small part of desktop real estate with their small footprint. And there won't be a G6. That was pretty much ditched when Apple went Intel on our asses.

I must agree with skie: Apple + Nintendo = Holy nuts! Wouldn't it just be plain orgasmic to get a MacBook Pro that'll play Revolution games? XP
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Sai-kun » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:00 pm

THat'd be freaky as hell. Pretty cool though. Although..I don't think I'd want a white revolution. X_x
This is how it all beginS
Sai-kun
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Misty » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:21 pm

I'd like to argue that "extra crap" thing, since the only reason I have any sort of CD player right now is because I have an Xbox.
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Previous

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)