Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

OLR TG #54: Week of 1/9/06 - 1/15/06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

OLR TG #54: Week of 1/9/06 - 1/15/06

Postby skie » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:54 am

Namco and Bandai Merge... HD-DVD coming to Xbox 360... Street Fighter II coming to Xbox 360... What is sony's future for the PSP... Odama... The revenge of Commodore... Revolution Controller updates and corrections... and Snoopy vs. the Red Baron... and the final Advice Column (as well as our final taped show... next week we will be recording LIVE)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby simel » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:46 am

no more advice :cry:

what to do. sonys future for the psp relies on the success of ps3. as for the new format really lookin forward to hearing it.
128 hours on FF8 and so worth it!
simel
New Listener
New Listener

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:06 am

Loki, why don't you like the 1-player Burnout Revenge mode? I thought it was fair other then the cars are super aggressive(especially the later levels). It seems like they are more out to crash you then race, and it esentially comes down to you crashing them to win or you won't make it. A bit different from the more normal racing mode in 3, or online it's more of a race then battle. Was that the problem with it? F-Zero GX actually has racers just as aggressive as Burnout Revenge in the expert/master levels, that really blows because it's much harder to attack the other racers(mostly there's so many it's rather pointless to take out 3 racers when there's 27 more to screw you up).

Skie, bout time you pick up Burnout, it's one of the best racing series out there. 3 was great, even preferred over Revenge by some.

I dunno why, I think it'd be interesting to see Apple enter the gaming market. Or even better if they teamed up with Nintendo, I think it would work well.

With SFII coming to the 360, I don't really get the big fuss about it. Maybe it's just me but there's already SF Anniversery on Live and I've played plenty of that. I really don't feel like playing the old SFII game. There's been lots of other stuff that's just as good or better. Then again, I also love SFIII and the real SFII fans don't like III.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkSakura » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:50 am

Do you guys really like the Advice Column?
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby LOKI » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:26 pm

lordkaosu wrote:Loki, why don't you like the 1-player Burnout Revenge mode? I thought it was fair other then the cars are super aggressive(especially the later levels). It seems like they are more out to crash you then race, and it esentially comes down to you crashing them to win or you won't make it. A bit different from the more normal racing mode in 3, or online it's more of a race then battle. Was that the problem with it? F-Zero GX actually has racers just as aggressive as Burnout Revenge in the expert/master levels, that really blows because it's much harder to attack the other racers(mostly there's so many it's rather pointless to take out 3 racers when there's 27 more to screw you up).

Skie, bout time you pick up Burnout, it's one of the best racing series out there. 3 was great, even preferred over Revenge by some.

I dunno why, I think it'd be interesting to see Apple enter the gaming market. Or even better if they teamed up with Nintendo, I think it would work well.

With SFII coming to the 360, I don't really get the big fuss about it. Maybe it's just me but there's already SF Anniversery on Live and I've played plenty of that. I really don't feel like playing the old SFII game. There's been lots of other stuff that's just as good or better. Then again, I also love SFIII and the real SFII fans don't like III.

I don't like how they have the one player mode setup on Revenge. I prefer the quick match type of gameplay that was offered in Burnout 3. If they add the ability to do that in the 360 version.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:23 am

DarkSakura wrote:Do you guys really like the Advice Column?

It's an amusing segment but I don't think I really care either way.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Show Comments

Postby robbway » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:34 am

Dark Sakura: I've always found the Advice Column to be funny. However, you'll run out of source material sooner or later, and if you don't want to continue it, don't.

About 30 Commodore 64 games are available as a plug-and-play game at the toystore if you want a preview of the types of games you could download. I think it had Jumpman Jr.

I will strive to hear the new shows live.

Will the new podcast of the shows be a different feed for iTunes users? I take the iTunes feeds for granted, obviously. Unsubscribe TOGO and Subscribe OLR is not a problem for me. The only thing is, you'll lose your unintentional Golgo 13 (Duke Togo) reference!

Also, did anyone else notice how much the new Revolution controller looks like the PSone RPG Controller?
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkSakura » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:05 pm

The whole advice column was a joke that sort of stuck around. I'm not really attached to it, haha. Just trying to think of a suitable replacement.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:52 pm

btw DS, I keep forgetting to ask, did you lend that Hello Kitty Gamecube game to Loki? You had mentioned you were going to do so on one of the past shows a bit ago.

I just finished playing through it finally(had it since release but didn't get around to playing it). We picked it up because my wife is a huge Hello Kitty fan. It's quite a good game, although a little short and easy, it's about what I expected for a kids game. I thought the graphics were well done and the music really fit the game.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkSakura » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:54 pm

I don't think I ever had the Hello Kitty game on GameCube. I had one for PSone way back when. Some sort of imported puzzle game.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby LOKI » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:54 pm

No but I gave Rob the Gamecube Hello Kitty Roller Rescue awhile back.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:12 pm

You know, that must've been one I was thinking. I just got the people mixed up(Loki and Rob, not DS and Loki...stupid me). Did you or Rob actually enjoy the game?

DS, the puzzle game on PS1 was released in the US as well as Cube Frenzy. It's pretty decent as well, I'm just not a huge puzzle fan. There was a GBC port of the game as well.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: Show Comments

Postby skie » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:01 pm

robbway wrote:Will the new podcast of the shows be a different feed for iTunes users? I take the iTunes feeds for granted, obviously. Unsubscribe TOGO and Subscribe OLR is not a problem for me. The only thing is, you'll lose your unintentional Golgo 13 (Duke Togo) reference!

Since we want to keep as many existing listeners as possible, it will be the same feed but you may notice some subtle name / album art / mp3 name changes. But you should still be getting the episodes automagically
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:36 pm

All this talk of Hello Kitty just reminds me of the time I met Tiffany Grant (does many anime voices if you don't know already). She is crazy about Hello Kitty and everything she was wearing was Hello Kitty, even her socks.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby lordkaosu » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:02 am

ha! That's great.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)