Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

OLR TG #53: Week of 1/2/06 - 1/8/06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

OLR TG #53: Week of 1/2/06 - 1/8/06

Postby skie » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:31 am

Games we are looking forward to in 2006... Xbox 360 Diamond, Kiosk disc and Homebrew??... Games that deserve a sequel... Top games in the UK... Dead or Alive 4 shipped... Game System sales in japan... Big announcement about the podcast... New WoW Rumors... Pong the Movie Rumors... and more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:03 am

ROB REFERENCED MATH MAN ON SQUARE ONE.
HOLY
FREAKING
COW

>_>
<_<

>_>

I miss that show/segment.
I mean hell, IT WAS Q-BERT WITH MATH!!!!
The geek inside me squeeled.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby gs191 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:35 am

http://www.darwinia.co.uk/

Official site of Darwinia. I'm playing this game non stop ever since this game came out on steam. It's basicly an homage to old style games (the graphics look like 8bit/16bit graphics but smoothed out).

Please download the demo at there website or thru steam.
Admin of the OLR Frappr Map.
gs191
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Psychonauts

Postby robbway » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:20 am

I bought Psychonauts based on the reviews and hype. The game has the most incredible dialogue! But it is otherwise a platform game. I'm on the level with Loki. Gameplay is not revolutionary. I'm still stuck in discoworld, and it is annoying the hell out of me. The most generic aspect of the game is picking up the millions of ghost-like memories floating all over the mindscapes. The quality, not the devil, is in the details.

I am on vacation and just haven't been pouring over the game news.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Games In Need of Sequel

Postby robbway » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:33 am

My vote for games needing a sequel is:

No One Can Stop Mr. Domino!

I have the game, and couldn't play it for very long. However, the sequel titles are the only reasons I want them:

No One HAS STOPPED Mr. Domino!

Someone PLEASE STOP Mr. Domino!

Mr. Domino pulls out ALL THE STOPS!
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby VxJasonxV » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:30 am

I think Mr. Mosquito needs a sequel actually.
(Speaking of, I need to find that game again).

I bought Darwinia on Steam a while back.
It's... ok, I've been playing it in between many other things.
Have yet to try out Psychonauts

I've been so into classics lately:
I picked up Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (Spy Hunter 2, LOL), and will now ABSOLUTELY check out the others.
Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 has two good things about it:
Street Fighter Championship (sorry, I'm not a turbo/hyper fan), and The Ghosts/Ghouls/Goblins games.

Other than that, I honestly thought it was sorta abysmal. Capcom's classics just didn't tickle my fancy I guess.

A psuedo-classic (two gen's ago), Road Rash 64 XDXDXD
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby robbway » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:22 am

VxJasonxV wrote:I think Mr. Mosquito needs a sequel actually.

I picked up Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (Spy Hunter 2, LOL), and will now ABSOLUTELY check out the others.
Street Fighter Championship (sorry, I'm not a turbo/hyper fan), and The Ghosts/Ghouls/Goblins games.

Other than that, I honestly thought it was sorta abysmal. Capcom's classics just didn't tickle my fancy I guess.

I heard Mr. Mosquito "sucks." :wink:
I'd really skip Midway 3 (all racing games) if you're looking for arcade-perfect translations. I have it on PS2, and the RUSH games are from Dreamcast and don't run properly (caveat: on MY PS2). The overhead Sprint and Off Road's are pretty good, though. Midway 3 was very rushed.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:31 am

I don't think Mario & Luigi Superstar was all that hot. It looked decent and was a bit fun but some things about it really pissed me off. It was chock full of these stupid mini games like jump rope and that god-awful barrel puzzle game you do on the ship. That crap got old real fast because they just weren't fun. Also, in Mario RPG it played more like a normal RPG with a few pluses that made it fun like jumping and the bonus defend/attack points by hitting the button at the same time. Now the game relies on that scheme, you must hit a(or b) at the right time for defend/attacks or you will not last very long at all. This got very annoying. As much as some like to think, this is not a Mario RPG sequel and does not really feel like one. It's just a fair Mario themed RPG. I haven't tried the DS one yet, I may or may not. I never finished the first one because I just got annoyed with it so I'm not in a hurry to run out for the sequel.

DS - Do you, or have you played, the Fantasy Zone game for PCE(TG16) that played like Space Harrier? I don't remember the name now, but I beleive there is a beta floating around you can play(it was never officially released). It was on a cd I believe.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby LOKI » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:07 am

VxJasonxV wrote:I think Mr. Mosquito needs a sequel actually.

I thought they made a sequal to that. I could be wrong. There's another game with similar game play to Mr Mosquito, Petite Chopper and Chibi Robo.

There's a new Capcom Classic collection coming out in March/April '06 as well.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:30 pm

lordkaosu wrote:I don't think Mario & Luigi Superstar was all that hot. It looked decent and was a bit fun but some things about it really pissed me off. It was chock full of these stupid mini games like jump rope and that god-awful barrel puzzle game you do on the ship. That crap got old real fast because they just weren't fun. Also, in Mario RPG it played more like a normal RPG with a few pluses that made it fun like jumping and the bonus defend/attack points by hitting the button at the same time. Now the game relies on that scheme, you must hit a(or b) at the right time for defend/attacks or you will not last very long at all. This got very annoying. As much as some like to think, this is not a Mario RPG sequel and does not really feel like one. It's just a fair Mario themed RPG. I haven't tried the DS one yet, I may or may not. I never finished the first one because I just got annoyed with it so I'm not in a hurry to run out for the sequel.

I agree with you on the Mario RPGs. I also stopped playing Mario & Luigi in the middle and never started again, I thought I was near the end but it turned out that there was a good amount left so I gave up since it never held my interest. I really like the Paper Mario series though. They were both really fun and unique with tons to do and a funny storyline. All the characters were well done with such great personalities including the bosses. PM2 was cool since you play as Mario, Peach, and Bowser to uncover the story. Each chapter was different and even has one where you take a break from all the fighting and just solve a mystery. They are a rare type of game since I can actually sit there everyday not touching any other game just to beat those, that is something very rare for me since most RPGs are finished over a year or so.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DarkSakura » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:12 pm

lordkaosu wrote:DS - Do you, or have you played, the Fantasy Zone game for PCE(TG16) that played like Space Harrier? I don't remember the name now, but I beleive there is a beta floating around you can play(it was never officially released). It was on a cd I believe.

I know the one you're talking about! My hubby downloaded it for me but we could never figure out how to burn it. PCE-Duo plays burns with no lockout or anything, but I've never been able to get those downloaded prototypes to burn correctly.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:33 pm

I just listened to the podcast and thought of a few things to say.

Where can I get the download for GTA:LCS?

There are other games that are very interesting and I think are worthy of a buy this month. For PSP there is Mavrick (sp?) Hunter X which is the remake of the original Mega Man X with anime cut scenes and Vile is now playable. For PS2 and Gamecube there will be Mega Man X collection that has Mega Man X 1-6 and Mega Man Battle and chase. Late in the month comes Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition with many added features including a new boss, a faster version of the game, a new story with Virgil, and most importantly......IT'S ONLY $19.99!!!

During the new years eve party I was at someone told me that Sony copyrighted something where a game or software will be locked into your system so it can't be used anywhere else but your system. This would mean the end of rentals or playing a game at a friend's house. I hope that Sony does not do something like that with the PS3 because that would be really stupid. I don't really think something like that would happen but only time will tell.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:46 pm

sephiroth1215 wrote:
lordkaosu wrote:I don't think Mario & Luigi Superstar was all that hot. It looked decent and was a bit fun but some things about it really pissed me off. It was chock full of these stupid mini games like jump rope and that god-awful barrel puzzle game you do on the ship. That crap got old real fast because they just weren't fun. Also, in Mario RPG it played more like a normal RPG with a few pluses that made it fun like jumping and the bonus defend/attack points by hitting the button at the same time. Now the game relies on that scheme, you must hit a(or b) at the right time for defend/attacks or you will not last very long at all. This got very annoying. As much as some like to think, this is not a Mario RPG sequel and does not really feel like one. It's just a fair Mario themed RPG. I haven't tried the DS one yet, I may or may not. I never finished the first one because I just got annoyed with it so I'm not in a hurry to run out for the sequel.

I agree with you on the Mario RPGs. I also stopped playing Mario & Luigi in the middle and never started again, I thought I was near the end but it turned out that there was a good amount left so I gave up since it never held my interest. I really like the Paper Mario series though. They were both really fun and unique with tons to do and a funny storyline. All the characters were well done with such great personalities including the bosses. PM2 was cool since you play as Mario, Peach, and Bowser to uncover the story. Each chapter was different and even has one where you take a break from all the fighting and just solve a mystery. They are a rare type of game since I can actually sit there everyday not touching any other game just to beat those, that is something very rare for me since most RPGs are finished over a year or so.

You know, I've never even played the Paper Mario games. I'll give 2 a shot sometime I think. I really don't like the whole paper 2D aspect of the game but it seems like it could be good. I was just worried about it simply being another Superstar Saga.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:49 pm

DarkSakura wrote:
lordkaosu wrote:DS - Do you, or have you played, the Fantasy Zone game for PCE(TG16) that played like Space Harrier? I don't remember the name now, but I beleive there is a beta floating around you can play(it was never officially released). It was on a cd I believe.

I know the one you're talking about! My hubby downloaded it for me but we could never figure out how to burn it. PCE-Duo plays burns with no lockout or anything, but I've never been able to get those downloaded prototypes to burn correctly.

CDRWin usually burns the PCE cd's ok. Overall I really don't like the program, but it loads up cue sheets that a lot of PCE games use. If the disc is already made, Nero I think works much better and copies the games ok. Unfortunately Nero can only load .iso files and not the cue sheets. Maybe I'll try and find it and give it a whirl. I haven't tried them in a while, but a buddy of mine doesn't have much luck either. It's odd how old and simple these game discs are set up yet they are harder to copy then a lot of the newer stuff(PSX games can be copies with minimal effort).
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby LOKI » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:54 pm

sephiroth1215 wrote:I just listened to the podcast and thought of a few things to say.

Where can I get the download for GTA:LCS?

There are other games that are very interesting and I think are worthy of a buy this month. For PSP there is Mavrick (sp?) Hunter X which is the remake of the original Mega Man X with anime cut scenes and Vile is now playable. For PS2 and Gamecube there will be Mega Man X collection that has Mega Man X 1-6 and Mega Man Battle and chase. Late in the month comes Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition with many added features including a new boss, a faster version of the game, a new story with Virgil, and most importantly......IT'S ONLY $19.99!!!

During the new years eve party I was at someone told me that Sony copyrighted something where a game or software will be locked into your system so it can't be used anywhere else but your system. This would mean the end of rentals or playing a game at a friend's house. I hope that Sony does not do something like that with the PS3 because that would be really stupid. I don't really think something like that would happen but only time will tell.

http://dl.qj.net/Cheat-Device-v0.6a-US- ... /catid/114
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)