Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

OLR TG #45: Week of 11/7/05 - 11/13/05

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

OLR TG #45: Week of 11/7/05 - 11/13/05

Postby skie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:54 pm

Interviews with César of the Kings Quest 9: Every Cloak has a Silver Lining team and Matt of savekqix.org... Our theory as to what the Nintendo revolution's revolution really is... Guitar Hero Review... New Video Game concert to tour... Upcoming game releases in US & UK... Xbox 360 shortage remedies?... EA and the Simpsons team up... Silent Hill & Castlevania movie news... Metal Gear Acid 2 contest and much more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby skie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:52 am

Man, having the internet go down 5 minutes into the recording of the show sucks a big one-- sorry guys that we haven't had a whole lot of user interaction (mailbag, forum posts etc.) the past few episodes... we'll make up for it next show, promise :D
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:26 pm

Per usual, another great show. I liked the interview feature, and I hope you do more of them in future podcasts.

I have a question about Electroplankton: Can we preorder the game right now from Nintendo or do we have to wait until it is released?

Postby lordkaosu » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:47 pm

That interview bit was definately a nice touch. I wasn't personally interested in the game or any of that jive, but interviews are always good. Next time you could interview Ron Jeremy and that "enhancement" pill he's always peddling on late-night tv...heh.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby lordkaosu » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:52 am

You wouldn't happen to know why the 10/31 episode got updated into iTunes this past update, would you? I usually download, then copy the file to my psp and delete it off the computer and out of itunes. Usually it won't update old eps again after this, but when it updated the 11/7 show, it brought the 10/31 show on the menu again. Did something get changed about it?
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:17 am

No, nothing changed with that show so I have no idea why it pushed to the feed again :| actually, I have a small idea... When the feed was initially updated I screwed up the filename... now I was able to update it manually within 5 minutes so that none of you really noticed the error when you downloaded last weeks show, but I think for some reason it's related to why the episode is showing up again. I have a bad feeling it will happen again this week because a mistake was made in this weeks file push too that had to be fixed by hand so that you guys could grab the show.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Reenee » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:12 pm

lordkaosu wrote:You wouldn't happen to know why the 10/31 episode got updated into iTunes this past update, would you? I usually download, then copy the file to my psp and delete it off the computer and out of itunes. Usually it won't update old eps again after this, but when it updated the 11/7 show, it brought the 10/31 show on the menu again. Did something get changed about it?

This happened to me as well. Luckily, you can just delete the listing...until you update your podcast again. :roll:
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Blackwolf » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:37 pm

Wanted to just give some information to clarify the video gaming symphonies story:

Arnie Roth also put together the touring Dear Friends concerts - when I went to the Atlanta show he was also the conductor here. I think he's proven that people will attend a limited amount of localized concerts, which is something Video Games Live hasn't figured out until right now, little bit too late. (During the Atlanta show, he did a poll seeing where we were from, some people flew in from Germany to be at there, and most people that attended were from out of state!)

As for the direct VGL comments, the "Pong" portion is really just their "classic game medley" that they use to open the show, and it's really just a few blips timed to the video for about 5-10 seconds right at the beginning. It then goes into the orchestra playing the 5-10 second themes from Pac Man, Donkey Kong, and other early 80's arcade games, and then providing the sound effects for the onscreen video. It's not any "techno remix", and from what I understand from people who attended the Hollywood, Seattle, and Vancouver VGL shows it is a very neat effect and works really well with the atmosphere.

I enjoy the show, and it's one of the very few I look forward to listening to each week!
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby lordkaosu » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:18 am

Reenee wrote:
lordkaosu wrote:You wouldn't happen to know why the 10/31 episode got updated into iTunes this past update, would you? I usually download, then copy the file to my psp and delete it off the computer and out of itunes. Usually it won't update old eps again after this, but when it updated the 11/7 show, it brought the 10/31 show on the menu again. Did something get changed about it?

This happened to me as well. Luckily, you can just delete the listing...until you update your podcast again. :roll:

Yeah, skie mentioned what was going on, it probably happened to others as well. No big deal.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby VxJasonxV » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:38 am

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how that all happened.

If you check out The LJ OLR Podcast Syndicated Feed, you'll see the duplicates.
The weirder thing is that LJ had duplicates, with the erroneous filename, then another one with the right name.
However, I noticed that iTunes just has the same show twice, however it was the same file.

I mean honestly, we updated the error in less than five minutes, but everybody grabbed a hold of it that fast apparently...

Sorry folks :-\.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby lordkaosu » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:18 am

"You're fired"

:wink:
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:48 am

Shame on you all. I just listened to the podcast and nobody touches on the stereoscopic stuff?

I honestly envisioned a Pokemon game that would basically strap onto you like that bag that goes around your hip (forgot the name right now) or something and the game world would basically take around the forms of your true real life surroundings. Imagine chasing after that Pikachu down your hallway or a Charmander in your garden. Not necessarily take on the form of your house but have the player have a visor equipped. :P You could gather with other trainers at parks or something. ZOMG, THAT PKMN GOT RUNS OVERSD LOLOLOLL

But that may be ages from now. -_- Still, the stereoscopic rumors are good. AND considering that the Revolution will be the cheapest = <3
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)