Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Podcasting the 3hr show?

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Podcasting the 3hr show?

Postby lordkaosu » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:18 am

I was just curious if it might be possible to easily podcast the 3hr show? I sent an email about it but just thought I check on why or why it's not a good idea(just for curiosity's sake).

a)Stop bothering us

b)Not gonna happen

c)We're thinking about it

:wink:
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:58 am

I think one reason OLR won't put it up is the grudge match. Playing songs on podcasts is iffy and I don't think they want to mess around.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:38 pm

Reenee kinda is right (but it's cagematch not grudgematch hehehehe)... it also has to do with the DDR/IIDX/other songs themselves we play on breaks... although they are pirated like mad on the internet, and promote the crap out of konami (and other game companies we play music from), they are still copyrighted works. Luckly our Live365 license takes care of all that good stuff.

Additionally, I have this strange fear that if we podcasted our 3 hour show, people would think it's a 3 hour version of our podcast which as those of you who have listened to both know, it is very much not the case. The podcast is the panel discussion, the rundown on the news, the semi-serious (but not too serious) discussion on whats going down.

The 3 hour show is like meeting up at Denny's or Waffle House or whatever after the football game. Yeah you talk about how the game went, but you talk about everything else that's interesting to you in your life as well. That's probably the best way I can explain the difference between them.

The above all being said, I do know that our 3 hour show is being bootlegged out there by several people. While for the obvious copyright reasons we can't endorse it, we don't exacly have a problem with it either and are quite flattered that people would take the time to do it...
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby lordkaosu » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:46 pm

Got it. I've never listened to the 3hr show yet, I'm just too busy to a scheduled show like that right now. Sounds good though, I'll look into an "unofficial" release for it at least. Thanks!
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:34 pm

But a grudgematch sounds a lot more menacing. :D

I really don't see how the show could be compressed for podcast. The cagematch alone takes up a good half hour or so and maybe another half hour for the music. That drops out the thing to two hours. And could there be people careless enough to JUST the music game news? Could they be devious to think that to spread out the music game news throughout the show as a way to keep you on edge? What is that, 15 minutes? With all the funny BS that gets mixed up in there, you might as well just read up instead of just listen.

But then you'd miss out on xtofer's (sp? Bitch, bitch, bitch...) homosexual adventures. *Bob Saget grin* (Can you guys, like, distract him with some yaoi art or something?)

IMHO, the hosts literally take the idea of the show as a gathering to heart and that's what people like to hear. There's also the rare appearances by a special guest, such as Miklotov.

P.S. Hardy har har, you have a hentai doujinshi snippet in your signature.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Misty » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:24 pm

fucking powerball. i could've been a special guest if my family had won :(
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby lordkaosu » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:44 pm

Reenee wrote:
P.S. Hardy har har, you have a hentai doujinshi snippet in your signature.

Yeah, it was made by a buddy of mine for me. It's King of Fighters, I don't remember the name of the doujinshi it's from offhand right now though.

I have another TG16/Zonk/Bonk themed sig that I swap it out off and on.
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkSakura » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:05 pm

Don't forget that DDR Freak Radio replays our 3-hour show on Thursdays.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Misty » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:50 pm

... I thought that was Fridays. Did that change recently?
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby lordkaosu » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:34 pm

Yeah, my current schedule isn't friendly to work things in with right now so catching a live show doesn't seem to be happening(except during my work hours, unfortunately everyone else must be at work so there's nothing going on...imagine that).
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby joe_zakoor » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:22 pm

Well, I agree with everyone in the fact that it would not be feesable to do a podcast of the 3 hour show, however whether the hosts like it or not, I might as well plug it right here (I guess you could say) that I record the show every Sunday (or most) in an mp3 file that's the size of the podcast. E-Mail me, catch me in the chatroom on some days, or AIM me (SN is jaded2oo2) and I will let you know more information on it. Thats really all I am going to say on the subject. For those of you who are worried about downloading a huge file, Ive managed to compress the 3 hour show enough where it is the general size of the podcast (60-70MB) and it is in mp3 (just to let you guys know yet again).

~Joe (Jaded2005)

P.S. Skie, sorry for the plug, but I was on dialup for 3 months, so I can feel the pain of missing the show.

P.S.S. my recorded show is the entire thing, cadgematch, bitching, whatever comes through on the show, is what I get on the recording, lets just say I have *LOTS* of time on my hands.
joe_zakoor
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)