Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

OLR TG #42: Week of 10/17/05 - 10/23/05

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Postby lordkaosu » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:51 pm

I've only recently started looking for podcasts and this is easily the best one I've come across. I still have a few on my list to try out but none so far really compare to this show. It's just well done and the 3 of you make it very enjoyable to listen to. The show is set up very nicely.

Compared to a couple of others I have, one anime one I tried in particular, it was just a couple of guys reading some forums. No personality, nothing really interesting, and no plan. There was actually several seconds of silence(a long time in radio) where they were actually looking through the forums for something else to say. Come on now, who in the world would listen to that?
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:26 pm

lordkaosu wrote:I've only recently started looking for podcasts and this is easily the best one I've come across. I still have a few on my list to try out but none so far really compare to this show. It's just well done and the 3 of you make it very enjoyable to listen to. The show is set up very nicely.

Compared to a couple of others I have, one anime one I tried in particular, it was just a couple of guys reading some forums. No personality, nothing really interesting, and no plan. There was actually several seconds of silence(a long time in radio) where they were actually looking through the forums for something else to say. Come on now, who in the world would listen to that?

Yeah, I searched the apple podcasts this week, and *wow* there are a ton of video game podcasts now. When I did a search the first week podcasts were offered on itunes there were only like 7 or so.

In the first podcast I listened to (not this one of course) you could hear drug use in the background (no lie). However, as soon as I heard the gradius theme for OLRTG, I knew this was it. :)
I subed to a few more podcasts this week, but I agree that this is the best podcast. It is understandable since they've been doing it for several years now. I am also curious if Skie works in radio or media (not my business of course) because really he's a better moderator than many of professional radio personalities I've heard.

Anyway, I really appreciate their dedication to keeping with a weekly show without missing a beat. It really makes monday morning something to look forward to for once.

Postby AzNbuddypaul » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:01 pm

Wow I just noticed the amount of registered users on OLR Forums. 690! :O. My my how you've grown. XD
-Paulie
AzNbuddypaul
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:35 am

AzNbuddypaul wrote:Wow I just noticed the amount of registered users on OLR Forums. 690! :O. My my how you've grown. XD
-Paulie
Now we count how many of them have actually posted.
<_<
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby lordkaosu » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:51 am

Maybe they find you intimidating?
How happy is your house?
lordkaosu
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:07 am

16-bit wrote:I am also curious if Skie works in radio or media (not my business of course) because really he's a better moderator than many of professional radio personalities I've heard.

wow i am so flattered, thank you so much 8O . my only experience with commercial radio is i once co-built a website for a small station in northern california. outside of that, my radio experience has consisted of several semmesters of college radio, a couple years spent as a co-host on under sedation live and then OLR for the past three and a half years.

my "actual" day job is corporate training, i teach a variety of system training and customer service classes for a fortune 500 company. i've only really been doing that for the past 2 years though but that's where the money comes from, OLR is a labor of love :)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby VxJasonxV » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:29 am

lordkaosu wrote:Maybe they find you intimidating?
Yeah, sure :). We'll go with that! :lol:
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkSakura » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:00 pm

Whoa! So many nice things! Thanks everyone! I am now going to have one glorious mood all day. <3
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Previous

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)