Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

OLR TG #41: Week of 10/10/05 - 10/16/05

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

OLR TG #41: Week of 10/10/05 - 10/16/05

Postby skie » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:35 pm

Violent Video Games bill passes in CA... Gizmondo changes slightly but is coming out soon... 4GB drive coming for the PSP... X-Box 360 homebrew? ... Revolution for just 99 bucks?... Mario Basketball... Mod chips legal in Australia... PSP Virus Scanner...
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Play 2 No

Postby robbway » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:24 am

I discover the Play2O at Toys R Us. It's already filled with water, so try it out. The Donkey Kong, for instance, is a 2-layer chamber. The front is the platforms where the "barrels" are. The back is the "reset chute," where Mario goes when he rescues Peach. My biggest gripe was that I couldn't get the Mario to leave the chute and start playing the front layer again.

As for Dark Sakura's description of the game, she's dead-on. It's just like those water games from the 80's that spawned many a Dollar Store imitation.

EDIT: The orignal 80's toys were called Waterfuls.
Last edited by robbway on Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:19 am

Noooooooo! YOU BITCH! YOU BITCH!

Why'd you use my real name on the air!? I'm infamous, dammit! I'm Reenee, not Dany!

Well, at least skie will know how to pronounce my nickname correctly on the live-show from now on. :P

Much obliged for the gaming sites.
Last edited by Reenee on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:45 am

Hey, I didn't even know that was actually you-- noone would have ever known if you hadn't blabbed on these forums ;P
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Reenee » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:49 am

DarkSakura made some omissions from the original letter since you guys were running late (what's wrong with an hour-long show? :P), but I definitely left at the very beginning of the mail about who I was.

No biggie. XD
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:48 am

Yeah, letters are edited down for content/time... that's just a standard thing though, shouldn't be surprising :)

Nothing is wrong with an hour long show but we try to keep it no longer than that. A lot of that has to do with the fact that we tape Sunday nights not long after the live show is over... we were taping until 11PM last night because our live show ran a little long (and it takes us a bit of time to take a break, get a drink and re-situate for the podcast)

What's interesting is that if you look at original promos we wrote about the podcast, it was originally planned to only be 15-25 minutes! The first show was only 20 minutes, even... to say the show has grown is an understatement :) But we can't allow it to get.... too long and drawn out, ya know? Want to keep things moving along briskly :)
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby lukedog » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:37 pm

I was wondering, when I downlaod the podcast, it only come out to be like 12 minutes, I used the link to subscirbe to your feed and I am using iTunes. It really bothers me. I have to downlaod it like 12 moe times to gt it to work.
lukedog
New Listener
New Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:42 pm

It's sad that I can't suggest a download manager or anything, because iTunes controls your download completely.

It typically is a connection problem, and the sad thing is you can't tell iTunes to 'resume' either.

If you subscribe to the http://orangeloungeradio.com/phpnuke/podcast.rss feed, then you've done all you can do.
At that point it's really only up to the downloading finishing properly.

We download the show ourselves before we put it up to make sure it's complete.
And then we check the feed every time it's updated.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:00 pm

Luke, I have to agree with Jason, it is an iTunes issue, as I do ensure the files are uploaded in full and download them myself to test after each episode is posted. Unfortunatley as you can imagine, our site gets kind of hammered on Monday Mornings.... here's some suggested alternatives... all these sites allow you to listen to/download the program ...

http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_det ... pod_id=942
http://www.podnova.com
http://www.odeo.com
http://podcasts.yahoo.com (brand new!)

hope this helps you luke-- thanks for stickin with it!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby VxJasonxV » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:39 pm

Don't forget Google Reader
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby scarecrow » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:00 am

yeah, ign sucks...

ninja giaden black is so much fun... I NOW WANNA BE A NINJA!!!

and we will have fun with those ps2 mod chips (i am from australia) :lol:

see you later!
scarecrow
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:34 pm

I never read IGN for, news, reviews or anything.

Most of the news I search out is either indie or retro and there are tons of indie non-pay sites that cover it.

For reviews, I stick to forum threads. I'd rather read a review of Capcom Classics Collection from someone who has every console modded for RGB, cross checks it with the import Saturn and PSX versions, and loves to play classic 2D like the Metal Slug series for hours on end as opposed to a review from a so-called "professional" reviewer.

Ad Practices

Postby robbway » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:51 am

16-bit wrote:I never read IGN for, news, reviews or anything.

Most of the news I search out is either indie or retro and there are tons of indie non-pay sites that cover it.

It makes me question the IGN business model. It the ads are only to non-subscribers, who are forced away, how effective could the ads be? Let's face it, the subscribers are naturally going to visit IGN most frequently to get their money's worth. So it's the subscribers who are the target audience.

Food for thought.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkSakura » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:43 pm

Reenee, I'm sooooory. Completely accidental as I was skimming it to keep it short.

I SHALL NOW COMMIT SEPPUKU WITH A STRAW.

Ow.
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:14 am

I have to agree with DarkSakura.... Dracula X is the best Castlevania to come out...
ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)