Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

OLR TG #37: Week of 9/12/05 - 9/18/05

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

OLR TG #37: Week of 9/12/05 - 9/18/05

Postby skie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:49 pm

We heart Katamari sold early, FF7AC leaked early... New Sonic Game... Playboy Magazine doing another spread featuring girls of gaming... California Violent games bill goes to the governor... The Suffering to become a movie... and much more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Reenee » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:57 am

Okay...being the sad loser I am, I heard DarkSakura mention that hidden American flag thing. And I knew what she was talking about.

Useless Trivia: The closest thing I can match to this is in the animated version of...Alf. The subliminal image was in the very first episode. There's this space fight scene I guess and that there's an explosion. Amidst all the crap that's supposedly being blown up, an image of the Statue of Liberty in front of a flag of the US with the word AMERICA superimposed diagonally in front of the thing is seen. There was a bit of a brouhaha with the FCC and it was found out that the Japanese animators did it as a joke.

And, apparently, there's also another hidden image of a dead cat in the show's intro sequence. =\
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Project Ako

Postby robbway » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:07 pm

I bet everyone has one of these stories! I was watching Project Ako on VHS. In the space battle, there were tons of missiles flying around. Again, the color looked a little off. I backed up and stepped thru. One missile was colored differently because it was a Pepsi Can!
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: Project Ako

Postby Reenee » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:59 pm

Oh crap, that's funny.

I think the Alf thing was supposed to be a subliminal. Subliminals are hidden away differently from Easter Eggs. That's more likely an Easter Egg in the above case. Funny though.

OMG DEMONIC BANDWITH LAG DARKSAKURA SUBLIMINAL RRRRRRRRR
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Spiritsnare » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:44 pm

When DarkSakura said Reject False Icons, I happened to be on the site.

Interesting...
Spiritsnare
New Listener
New Listener

Postby Misty » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:53 pm

"I pimp out my puppies to the frisbee people."
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Omega Bundle and "18"

Postby robbway » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:24 pm

Just two more things I'd like to amend to your podcast news:

OMEGA Bundle at Gamestop is $2000! Holy crap. If all that stuff makes release date, I'll be surprised. Tough decision: car or xbox360? (pssst! Get the car). Here's an idea: buy the cheapest bundle you can get (make sure you get the hard drive) and return all the games you don't want for your money back.

I can't imagine what will happen if the California anti-violence in games is enforced. Hogan's Alley and Point Blank will be adults only! Used GBA games and Gameboy games will be completely wrapped by the 18 label since they're mostly sold without the box.

So a question about the violence definition. If the definition of violence is "killing, maming, dismembering a human-like image." If it happens to your character, you're not given the option to do the violence. It happens or it doesn't, but it isn't an "option." Does that mean you can brutally mutilate fluffy bunnies that violently gnaw your head off when you get caught, as long as you can't play as the bunnies? :twisted: Bloody Alien Autopsy where you practice amateur vivisection on a body that does not quite look human? Bad wording!

Finally, the only two uttered words more embarrassing than "Governor Schwarzenegger" are "President Bush." :oops:
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: Omega Bundle and "18"

Postby Reenee » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:12 pm

robbway wrote:MAX 300 Bundle at Gamestop is $2000! Holy crap. If all that stuff

Fixed.

No smaller by 2x2? Smaller, please. Something along the lines of a 2x2 square of the current ESRB squares.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Misty » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:53 pm

robbway wrote:Finally, the only two uttered words more embarrassing than "Governor Schwarzenegger" are "President Bush." :oops:

A damned shame and understatment, imo. :(
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:30 pm

robbway wrote:Finally, the only two uttered words more embarrassing than "Governor Schwarzenegger" are "President Bush." :oops:

I really should stay out of politics (gaming laws aside) on OLR, so I apologize if I offended anyone with my Schwarzenegger comment.

But come ON, republican, democrat, or whatever floats your boat-- do realize that we elected the freakin Terminator.... a little silly? Little bit? :P
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Misty » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:05 pm

skie wrote:But come ON, republican, democrat, or whatever floats your boat-- do realize that we elected the freakin Terminator.... a little silly? Little bit? :P

Only a little? :P He's stilll the lesser of two evils right now, ain't he?
Misty
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby scarecrow » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:46 am

ahh, well being in australia... george bush doesnt really affect me.
scarecrow
New Listener
New Listener

Postby LOKI » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:32 am

skie wrote:

I really should stay out of politics (gaming laws aside) on OLR, so I apologize if I offended anyone with my Schwarzenegger comment.

But come ON, republican, democrat, or whatever floats your boat-- do realize that we elected the freakin Terminator.... a little silly? Little bit? :P

I was hoping for Gary Coleman.
LOKI
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)