Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Episode 294 -- Sep. 14, 2008

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Episode 294 -- Sep. 14, 2008

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:47 pm

The secret word of this weeks show is DONGLE... and the Wii might be getting somewhat of a replacement for one in Japan with the new Wi-Fi adapter. Yes, as if the "more cowbell" joke was not old enough, Wii Music will be getting more cowbell based on a new video released by Nintendo this week. The Australian version of the ESRB rates Castlevania III, and you know what that means: we should be seeing it soon! The real question is though, will Grant get to throw knives again? And will it blend?

In Part B, a major OOPS spoils the complete roster of MK vs DC universe characters. Jamie has a squee over some Mark Hamill news, and apparently everyone is having a squee over the new XBOX 360 prices. Someone wants to make a Duke Nukem movie, and MTV is already making a 30 minute infomerc... I mean show for Rock Band 2. A quick poll of our twitter users reveals some surprising apathy towards Warhammer Online and... did they really make a Nintendo out of a toaster?

All this and more including comments from our LIVE chatroom at allgames.com , live phone calls and of course e-mails on Orange Lounge Radio-- where every gamer has a voice!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:56 pm

I missed the actual segment of Classic Game of the Week, but I had to mention this:

Totaka's Song

I did see mentions of Animal Crossing, so I'm guessing this stuff was brought up. Interestingly those two games aren't the song's only appearance:

- 'For The Frog The Bell Tolls' - Gameboy
- Animal Forest/Crossing/WW - N64/GCN/DS
- Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening/DX - Gameboy/GBC
- Luigi's Mansion - GCN
- Mario Artist Talent Studio - 64DD
- Mario Paint - SNES
- Pikmin 2 - GCN
- Super Mario Land 2 - Gameboy
- Wario Land - Virtual Boy
- X - Gameboy
- Yoshi's Story - N64
- Yoshi's Touch & Go - NDS

There's other games it should appear in, such as Wii Sports, because his name appears in the instruction booklet for that game... but so far, no one has heard it afaik.

also, DONGLE. <3

PS. SingStar ABBA, 1 million copies. I hope we can make it happen. (And do I have to beg for a JTV unboxing, rob? <3 <3 ^^)
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby gs68 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:37 pm

Seeing as robrobrob is so enthusiastic over Singstar ABBA, let's make him sing on JTV if it sells 1 mil.

...while wearing a man-thong.
gs68 / TsundeRay - The OLRmy's SF Bay Area representative!
gs68
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Jayveemon » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:47 pm

The retailers by where LOKI lives most be complete idiots when it comes to Rock Band since the drums where in stores at least 2 days before the game. :-s.
Loki, I apologize for the idiots at the GameStops by you. We aren't all like that >_>
Jayveemon
Supporter
Supporter

Postby katamaris4ever » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:30 pm

Looking at the roster for MK vs. DC, I can safely say I'm dissappointed. At least 40 characters are nice, but why barely more than 20? Uggh, recent Mortal Kombats have been upwards of 90 fighters, and I expected a bit more from both parties, but it's ok that Midway and DC are bringing out their top guns to the crossover party of the year.
Waiting for the day DDR X gets released...
Sig added May 19, 2008
"Most people see the glass as half full. Other people just have glasses."
katamaris4ever
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)