Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Ep. 270 -- Mar. 9, 2008

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Ep. 270 -- Mar. 9, 2008

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:17 pm

Part A is up!:

Justin.tv

Smash Bros Brawl does not work on some Wiis... TV Friend Wii Channel in Japan... Okami delay to April 15th... Mario Kart Channel Details... LIT for Wiiware... Famitsu shows off Disgaea DS... 11 games on Japanese Wii Ware website... Space Invaders revenge on the Wii... Virtual Console Updates... Release Dates... Bully is getting a patch... iPhone games like Spore and Monkeyball... Bungie restores a damaged 360... XBOX 20GB HD to be replaced with 60GB HD?... Doctor Who game... Sega not interested in an EA buyout... Sims 3 will make you go outside... Classic game of the week... and more!

And part B was saved properly this time so barring the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, expect it on Wednesday!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:06 pm

And here's your part b!:

Orange Box getting split up releases on April 9th... EGM / 1UP company files for bankruptcy protection ... Midway plans a classic games portal... Sega wants to know who still has a Dreamcast (Warning: Proven to be fake after taping of show)... An ass shows up on burnout... Mailbag... Hardcore gamerpics are not so hardcore... Gamer makes a homemade Bejeweled and proposes with it... Undertow Expansion released... XBOX 360 price cut coming soon?... Activision to bring Guitar Hero to Asia... Guitar Hero 3 DLC on March 17th with Dropkick Murphys... More Singstar coming soon... ESRB razed by former employee... Skype comes to Japanese PSPs... Gran Turismo 5 track and car list... All Star Cheer Squad... Outlook not good for more Castlevania figures... RIP Gary Gygax... and more!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:10 pm

about the Burnout fiasco... I'm assuming that's part of what prevented SSBB players from using level editor creations in online matches? I was really hoping to show off 'Heck Temple' or any other creations I might cook up.

And Gary Gygax... well I knew a guy that introduced me to D&D, and I've been in love with the whole fantasy game genre ever since! (I still play MTG on occasion, which I doubt I'd be into if not for my brief days playing D&D.)
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby letshavetea » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:10 pm

I doubt the burnout thing had anything to do with the inability to play custom maps online.

It's just nintendo being nervous about people making a statue of a penis and calling it a map.

Also, Rob said something about how the storymode didn't have any voices... and how it's such a moneysaver and whatnot...

Well... I was thinkin about that and... well... they already FOUND voice actors for everyone... I doubt it'd be that much more expensive to get them to read the lines for that... but honestly...

I think it's just nintendo not wanting to come up with dialogue. Think about any dialouge in any nintendo game.... it's always horrible haha.
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:22 pm

letshavetea wrote:I doubt the burnout thing had anything to do with the inability to play custom maps online.

It's just nintendo being nervous about people making a statue of a penis and calling it a map.

Also, Rob said something about how the storymode didn't have any voices... and how it's such a moneysaver and whatnot...

Well... I was thinkin about that and... well... they already FOUND voice actors for everyone... I doubt it'd be that much more expensive to get them to read the lines for that... but honestly...

I think it's just nintendo not wanting to come up with dialogue. Think about any dialouge in any nintendo game.... it's always horrible haha.

Yeah that's what I was getting at, although I don't know what they do about vulgar taunts...
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby letshavetea » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:32 am

Yea, the taunts surprised me. I guess their reasoning is that you can only show those to your friends. But... you can't show penis statues to them. 8=> and (.y.) are fine though. (assuming those characters are available...)
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:08 am

letshavetea wrote:Yea, the taunts surprised me. I guess their reasoning is that you can only show those to your friends. But... you can't show penis statues to them. 8=> and (.y.) are fine though. (assuming those characters are available...)

Well you know 'someone' has 'asspiper' as one of their taunts... so I dunno. :P
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)