Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Episode 262, January 6, 2007

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Episode 262, January 6, 2007

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Part A is up!:

No OP11 this week, sorry! (Stay tuned for updates on the webcam situation)

Rumors of an XBOX 360 Ultimate at CES... Skype coming to the PSP... Target Terror for the Wii... New Rock Band songs with a magazine... Could Rock Band come to the Wii?... Kill Bill inspires a Guitar Hero mod... Release Dates... Omega 5 to Xbox Live Marketplace... Startropics to Virtual Console... Harvest Moon for UK VC... Free Xbox Live Arcade game for downtime... Class action lawsuit against Xbox Live... Companion Cube goes for a lot on Ebay... Farcry 2 announced... Kojima for realistic violence... Iron Chef on the Wii... Child Wiis on a Wii... Classic Game of the Week... and more!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Re: Iron Chef -- It is indeed IC America (So the theme ingredient is more than likely fail...)

And Gunstar Heroes? GREATEST GENESIS GAME EVAR.
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby sephiroth1215 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:50 am

There is an error in this podcast......

DS says that Xenogears made a cameo in Metal Gear Solid. Since That was a square game that wouldn't really happen. The game that was mentioned was called Policenaughts, the sequel to snatcher. Of course Kojima did that game series too.
sephiroth1215
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Japhle » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:42 am

Wasn't there a xenosaga poster after you save dave emmerich or something, At least in the twin snakes version, I haven't played the PS1 version, Either that or it's zone of enders or something like that.
Japhle
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Japhle wrote:Wasn't there a xenosaga poster after you save dave emmerich or something, At least in the twin snakes version, I haven't played the PS1 version, Either that or it's zone of enders or something like that.

Actually in the GCN version, it became a ZOE/2nd Runner poster... don't exactly remember the reasoning behind the change (aside from the fact Policenauts never made it stateside.)
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby WarriorBob » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:20 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:
Japhle wrote:Wasn't there a xenosaga poster after you save dave emmerich or something, At least in the twin snakes version, I haven't played the PS1 version, Either that or it's zone of enders or something like that.

Actually in the GCN version, it became a ZOE/2nd Runner poster... don't exactly remember the reasoning behind the change (aside from the fact Policenauts never made it stateside.)

This is correct, it is Zone of the Enders, since that game would be better understood in the USA market, which I believe Twin Snakes was aimed at. The flashback scene where Ocelot is talking about "giant robot anime" was also changed from a Policenauts scene to a ZoE scene.

Policenauts has never been ported to the USA despite the guy who originally translated Snatcher (Jeremy Blaustien) supposedly offering to do the translation for free. However, that doesn't stop the internet from attempting their own. And I wish they'd hurry it up since Snatcher is one of the few games I let myself go rabid-fanboy over and I would very much like to play its unofficial sequel.
WarriorBob
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:05 pm

WarriorBob wrote:
DarkTetsuya wrote:

This is correct, it is Zone of the Enders, since that game would be better understood in the USA market, which I believe Twin Snakes was aimed at. The flashback scene where Ocelot is talking about "giant robot anime" was also changed from a Policenauts scene to a ZoE scene.

Policenauts has never been ported to the USA despite the guy who originally translated Snatcher (Jeremy Blaustien) supposedly offering to do the translation for free. However, that doesn't stop the internet from attempting their own. And I wish they'd hurry it up since Snatcher is one of the few games I let myself go rabid-fanboy over and I would very much like to play its unofficial sequel.

Yeah I've been following their progress... I'll probably try to 'acquire' the game at some point after the patch comes out so I can play it (going back to what Rob said on the show, Konami/Kojima didn't wanna release it in the states, so what do they care?)
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Jayveemon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:07 am

Is anyone else having trouble downloading part B this morning? :(
Jayveemon
Supporter
Supporter

Postby skie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:07 am

Jayveemon wrote:Is anyone else having trouble downloading part B this morning? :(

What kind of problems are you having? The podcast downloaded fine for me last night when I posted it so this feedback does concern me, is anyone else having a problem??
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Friz-Bee » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:59 am

Nothing wrong with Part B on my end.
Friz-Bee
New Listener
New Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:49 am

The only thing wrong with Part B is that all my suggested products failed...

But wait! Theres this...

Rez Trance Vibrator 2.0

So in the end, i win... :P

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby Jayveemon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:38 pm

skie wrote:
Jayveemon wrote:Is anyone else having trouble downloading part B this morning? :(

What kind of problems are you having? The podcast downloaded fine for me last night when I posted it so this feedback does concern me, is anyone else having a problem??

iTunes is having issues with it, like not being able to download it at all for me. :( All my other podcasts are downloading okay except OLR. :(
Jayveemon
Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkTetsuya » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Well I managed to get it, so it should be working now:

Wavebird no longer shipping to stores... Full DS games are not coming to the Wii... Cell phones soon will have their own nun chucks... A blood filled Metal Slug 3... Demigod... Rockstar will distribute games on Steam... Just Cause 2... Nvidia announces Geforce 9 card... Team Fortress gets Medic achievements... Sony considering offering subscriptions for DLC... Gadget we would like to see at CES... Madcatz to make controllers for Rock Band... Video games are not toys... and more!

Again, no op11 this week, stay tuned for further webcam updates!
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby skie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Jayveemon wrote:
skie wrote:

iTunes is having issues with it, like not being able to download it at all for me. :( All my other podcasts are downloading okay except OLR. :(

Only advice I can think of since this seems to be isolated is un-subscribe and re-subscribe?
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Jayveemon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:15 pm

Tried that and still nada, so I just manually downloaded it.
Jayveemon
Supporter
Supporter

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)