Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 220 -- Feb 18th, 2007

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 220 -- Feb 18th, 2007

Postby skie » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:37 am

DDR Supernova 2, Silent Hill & Tekken 6 at AOU 2007... Ikaruga comes to XBLA.... Black XBOX 360 spotted in retail database... Xbox Partner Net reveals new arcade games... Xbox Rewards launch and 3 day extension... Forza 2 PAL Release... XBOX 360 investigated by UK Watchdog... Presidential candidate resurrects gaming bill... Everyone Votes on the Wii... Kid Icarus and the VC issues... Japan only VC games to appear on other consoles?... Brunswick bowling for the Wii... ESA blames Canada for Piracy... Game Lounge coming to Direct TV

I think the general feedback from last weeks show is you liked the way more relaxed and off-topicish atmosphere so I'd say we delivered another one of those shows this week :P hehe. Let us know what you think~!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Re: Orange Lounge Radio Episode 220 -- Feb 18th, 2007

Postby Reenee » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:43 am

skie wrote:
I think the general feedback from last weeks show is you liked the way more relaxed and off-topicish atmosphere so I'd say we delivered another one of those shows this week :P hehe. Let us know what you think~!

I think that's about why AGI is still on the map. :P
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Re: Orange Lounge Radio Episode 220 -- Feb 18th, 2007

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:18 pm

Reenee wrote:
skie wrote:

I think that's about why AGI is still on the map. :P

That's pretty much how things were back in the day (where's my lifetime listener award, btw? :P) before they went all 'podcast gaming news' they'd just talk about whatever, and if there was music game news, they'd cover it. (new AC/CS releases, news stories, tournaments, etc.)

I just feel bad missing most of this week's, but my cousins stopped by to check out my Wii, so I had to make sure my mom's TV didn't wind up with a big wiimote-shaped hole in it. :P

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby Mori » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:47 pm

Last night's show was fantastic, but I couldn't make it into the chatroom. IRC killed my computer. It's more entertaining with guest stars.
Mori
New Listener
New Listener

Postby letshavetea » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:50 pm

I think if you had a little bit more of a balance between silliness and professionalism it would work out better.

The show was entertaining, but... like Rob said... "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THIS SHOW?!"
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:53 pm

letshavetea wrote:I think if you had a little bit more of a balance between silliness and professionalism it would work out better.

The show was entertaining, but... like Rob said... "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THIS SHOW?!"

I think that's the problem... too much silliness and it eats up podcast time when podcast listeners are trying to listen to the news, not enough and it just seems too stale for the chatroom listeners. So it's all about finding that perfect balance of being both entertaining and informative.

Personally I've liked the past few shows, at least what I've heard of them (been busy with other commitments so I've been unable to listen live) but that's just my opinion.

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
OLRev 2nd MIX OUT NOW | OLR Wikia | OLRchive (Now with the entire 1st season!) | OLR: Best Hits Volume 1 (highlights from our first 30 episodes) out now! | OLR: Best Hits Vol. 2
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby letshavetea » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:01 pm

DarkTetsuya wrote:I think that's the problem... too much silliness and it eats up podcast time when podcast listeners are trying to listen to the news, not enough and it just seems too stale for the chatroom listeners. So it's all about finding that perfect balance of being both entertaining and informative.

My thoughts exactly.
letshavetea
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:19 pm

RE: SuperNOVA 2 release:

according to this bemanistyle.com post:

制作決定 = Production decided
超新星の煌き、再び! = Supernova's shine, again!
2007年 夏稼動予定 = Expecting to operate in Summer 2007

So it seems SN2's Japanese release should only be a few months away!

DT
OLRmy since 6/23/2002!
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Who Said So?

Postby robbway » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:30 am

OLR never claimed to be professional broadcasters! The fact that Skie, Loki, and Dark Sakura are not dead-serious gives them an honesty cred. The way I see it, the Live show should be "anything goes," but I hope you don't ever have to cutoff the last bits of the show for length.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:27 pm

PART B:

Could Viva Pinata be coming to the DS?... New DS game will use magnetic fields... Harvest Moon on the DS... Clover Re-launches as new game company... PS3 price cut in 2007?... Aqua Teen Hunger Force on the PS2... Team ICO working on PS3 title... Q-Bert coming to Playstation Network... Cooking Mama delayed in Europe... Headshot: The Energy Bar... Myst Online goes live... Gears of war coming to the PC... Silverfall goes gold... XBOX 360 Rayman to use Camera... Crackdown missing achievement points... Kojima wants to make a zombie game... Amplitude goes offline for good... Gran Turismo 5 coming in the fall?... and much more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:22 pm

I'm really hoping for a PS3 price cut... I do think the PS3 is still alive and capable of being a great great system... Personally i think the PS3 has more potential than any other system out there (more than even the Wii), but right now Sony has yet to do anything with it...

I'm currently split on a 360 and PS3... I'm probably going to get both but depending on when and how much their pricecuts are, it will determine which i'll get first...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby theafroguy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:36 am

I don't understand why a PS3 price cut seems so likely to everyone. Sony are losing so much money on each console, why would they want to lose even more?
theafroguy
Supporter
Supporter

Professionalism vs. Having Fun

Postby darkcharger » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:51 am

I must say I am a bit torn. I do like the fun-natured feel of the show to be sure. But at the same time, I think there is a difference between an entertaining and lighthearted show and a chaotic mess where everyone simply talks over everyone else.

I think if the show is attempting to expand and get a broader audience; it will need to tighten up the ship a bit.

Still love the show and look forward to downloading it every week.
darkcharger
New Listener
New Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:52 pm

theafroguy wrote:I don't understand why a PS3 price cut seems so likely to everyone. Sony are losing so much money on each console, why would they want to lose even more?

The reason why everyone is talking about a pricecut is that Sony just came out and said that they are going to cut down on chip production cost on the PS3... People seem to think that if Sony cuts costs on the cell production they may be more reluctant for a price cut... I'm not to sure about that but i do think Sony needs to stimulate the market some how... By either cranking out MGS4 or a $75-$100 price cut, it may start to edge out the 360 in sales (as of right now PS3 has been slowly catching up on the 360)...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Re: Professionalism vs. Having Fun

Postby sammm » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:54 am

darkcharger wrote:I must say I am a bit torn. I do like the fun-natured feel of the show to be sure. But at the same time, I think there is a difference between an entertaining and lighthearted show and a chaotic mess where everyone simply talks over everyone else.

I think if the show is attempting to expand and get a broader audience; it will need to tighten up the ship a bit.

Still love the show and look forward to downloading it every week.

my thoughts EXACTLY.
sammm
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)