Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 200: 9 / 17 / 06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 200: 9 / 17 / 06

Postby skie » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:12 pm

I want to thank everyone in the live listening bunch who stayed up late tonight for our three part saga that ran until 11PM and that's just west coast time. The live listener counts tonight completely shattered our old record as did our chatroom numbers and I'm so hoping that great energy can keep going into 201 and beyond.

Episode to be posted soon... I'm editing right now
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby DarkSakura » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:52 pm

I'm going to bed, LOL.

But seriously, thanks to everyone who stayed up with us and who tuned in tonight. I love you guys!!

And now, crash time!
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby VxJasonxV » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:59 pm

I think skie forgot.
Probably overtired (can you blame him?), show notes! Part A!

Remember that there is a Part B, AND a C coming this week.

For now, it all begins with...

Special Retro Intro for Episode 200... Surprises abound on our 200th episode... Unfortunate Phantasy Star Universe Update... Wii News Galore... November 19th 250 bucks... Wii Sports... Regional Wii launch info... Wii not supporting DVD playback... Resident Evil Wii... Link changes hands on the Wii... Wii interface... Japan getting game with Wii-mote... Surfing on the Wii will cost you after June 07... Monkey Ball on the Wii... Wii Online Beta... Is the Wii Region Free or not?... Wii Japan Launch list... Hudson working on 30 Virtual Console Games... ESRB rates 7 games for the Wii... DDR Sneak Peeks continue with a look at power courses... and much more!
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby DJPooEater » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:26 am

I only got to hear part A live since I was at work but I can't wait for the podcasts to come out this week! So happy for you guys and GREAT INTRO!!
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Fry » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:39 am

Awesome show guys :D
Fry
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Arimasen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:55 am

Damnit, I MISSED IT. 2nd week in a row I missed the live show.
Also, why is it that Skie's voice is always UBERLOW during the "On Tonight Show" segment before the live cast?

I'm listening to the podcast right now, goddamn the intro make this radio 573x times better.
Arimasen
Supporter
Supporter

Postby tweak_ » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:48 am

I was only able to catch part A live, i eagerly await the next podcasts.
HAPPY 200 OLR!
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby krispykreme » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:52 am

I really wanted to listen live but my parents made me go to church. I feel like I probably missed out on a bunch of live stuff so I am requesting an unedited version of OLR. Please and thank you.
krispykreme
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby gs68 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:33 am

Congratulations on the 200GET, OLR!

I had to sign out because I thought my parents were knocking on my wall.
gs68 / TsundeRay - The OLRmy's SF Bay Area representative!
gs68
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby DarkTetsuya » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:51 am

VxJasonxV wrote:I think skie forgot.
Probably overtired (can you blame him?), show notes! Part A!

Remember that there is a Part B, AND a C coming this week.

For now, it all begins with...

Special Retro Intro for Episode 200... Surprises abound on our 200th episode... Unfortunate Phantasy Star Universe Update... Wii News Galore... November 19th 250 bucks... Wii Sports... Regional Wii launch info... Wii not supporting DVD playback... Resident Evil Wii... Link changes hands on the Wii... Wii interface... Japan getting game with Wii-mote... Surfing on the Wii will cost you after June 07... Monkey Ball on the Wii... Wii Online Beta... Is the Wii Region Free or not?... Wii Japan Launch list... Hudson working on 30 Virtual Console Games... ESRB rates 7 games for the Wii... DDR Sneak Peeks continue with a look at power courses... and much more!

Yeah that was a whopper of a show... My thoughts:

What can I say? It's been a wild ride (much like my favorite Disneyland attraction) and I look forward to 200 more!

I wasn't sure if you guys could top the previous 199 episodes, but its safe to say that you did! :P

And the 'OLR Intro ~Nonstop Megamix~'? FUCKING PRICELESS. I don't normally burn podcasts to CD, but this one's a keeper!

DT
Last edited by DarkTetsuya on Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DarkTetsuya
Website Staff
Website Staff

Happy Anniversary!

Postby robbway » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:52 am

200!

Congrats. Great show so far! (for us rss listeners)

Yeah, the Scramble game is old, but I love it! I never knew the game was so short per base. I believe the screen changes color during the game to prevent burn-in on the arcade monitors. Yet, the word "SCRAMBLE" still burned-in. I love the new graphics/sound, but they mess up my timing.

Strategy for wavy UFOs of level 2 is to shoot at the bottom of the wave because they spend twice as much time there than in the middle of their wave.

Strategy for fireballs of level 3 is to hide under the mountain line. Also, to "hop" over mountains, get about halfway between the forward and rear limits in your ship and move over the mountain while pushing forward. That way, you are in the fireball path the shortest amount of time.

Strategy for the tunnels of level 5 is to keep your ship as far forward without crashing.

I've concluded that the XBLA Scramble is a perfect port, but not a stellar game for most. Wasn't River Raid more interesting?

The achievements are fairly easy, but they should've had secret "MAX DAMAGE" for the levels where you destroy all missiles, fuel tanks, and mystery structures.

As for Wii Hudson games, I want Milon's Secret Castle.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ctbx » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:13 pm

Congratulations on the big 200! I wish I could've made it to the live show, but with me being an east-coaster it's hard for me to catch any live shows at all.

As I've stated before, OLR is my favorite video game show. And, in my opinion, it's the best podcast out there. You guys rock.

Again, congrats on 200. 8)
ctbx
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby AzNbuddypaul » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:09 pm

Happy 200th Episode OLR!
I wish I was more active with you guys. I'm glad you're getting bigger and better as the days go by though. I'm with OLR forever ;D!
-Paulie
-Dreamer Romantic-
AzNbuddypaul
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby Jayveemon » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:50 am

I only heard part A but yay was it fun but umm Dark Sakura parapara isn't dead by a long shot. It lost popular but it's been back in popularity since like mid-to-late 2004. :-P And it's been around for more than 5 years (try close to 20) and I doubt the Konami music game for the Wii will be a parapara since you guys said music making but hey, you know know, the PS2 version had that pick up and play party factor that the Wii is going for and parapara is also done to techno and trance now so more varied selection of music. :-P But yeah great 200th show guys. :-D
Jayveemon
Supporter
Supporter

Postby BlairIsTheKing » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:35 pm

Way to go, OLR, on hitting the 200 mark. OMG! That intro was soooo funny! I almost crapped myself! "I'LL SPANK YOUR KIDS! IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DO YOUR JOB, I WILL, GOD DAMN IT!" lolol Keep it up.
BlairIsTheKing
New Listener
New Listener

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)