Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 199 : 9 / 10 / 06

Discussion and Feedback on the Orange Lounge Radio LIVE program, including your suggestions for future topics and news on upcoming specials

Orange Lounge Radio Episode 199 : 9 / 10 / 06

Postby skie » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:05 pm

Playstation 3 delayed in Europe... PS3 launch in North America & Japan limited... Sonys PSP download service to be ready in November... Playstation Phone?... Parappa the Rapper to come to the PSP? ... EA releasing classic games on the PSP... Armored Core 4 to miss PS3 launch and cancelled on XBOX 360... Enchanted Arms on the PS3... no 1080p for PS3... PS3 slower than XBOX360?... Second Lifes user database breached... Spore to be finished on the PC first... Civilization MegaPack... Super Paper Mario moving to the Wii?... Steering Wheel attachment for GT Wii (like we told you last week)... Tony Hawk Downhill Jam to be 16:9 and progressive scan... Possible Virtual Console launch list... DDR Sneak Peeks begin with four new songs from DDR Universe and DDR Ultramix 4... and more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:47 am

so much bad news i surrounding the PS3 that ive decieded not to get it at launch.... Although i will try to get one... So i can sell it on Ebay for double the price... But i will hold off on getting one for myself till at least January... That way ill have better options at that time...

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby xbskid » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:28 pm

I'd like to clarify the comments regarding issues with differing video standards during the region-free PS3 games topic. Granted it's a different platform, but the Xbox does not have said issue with its games. PAL-region games will run perfectly with no sync or picture size issues on an NTSC-region system outputting an NTSC signal. I think it may have something to do with the system literally being a PC in a black box, but something like that, especially if the PS3 is running Linux, is certainly possible with the PS3, thus the system is only limited to the default video standard set in the machine's BIOS (Or equivalent). The PS2, on the other hand, will switch video modes depending on the video game (If you boot a PAL game on a system that boots in NTSC mode, the system will switch and output in PAL), and that may have something to do with the fact that the games store the textures in an uncompressed format that simply needs to be sent to the graphics chip for display. The conventional method would be to have a given format like .jpg, .png, or .tif, and then the system would convert it to a format usable by the graphics chip.

In short, the PS3 most likely will not have any issues regarding the standards capability of your television.
xbskid
New Listener
New Listener

Postby DarkSakura » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:36 pm

Ah, that's a very good point that didn't occur to me. Thanks!
DarkSakura
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby PkerUNO » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:00 am

True, that. I discovered that my Japanese Xbox 360 will happily play my European region 2 DVDs, even though my TV is NTSC only. My Japanese PS2 on the other hand, will only output "incorrect TV format" and refuse to co-operate.

Also, another one for the "OLR Got There First (tm)" series: I posted the news about the PS3 getting delayed on the OLR forums a good hour before any of the other gaming sites picked it up. It's useful to have someone in the family who's a journalist. :P
PkerUNO
PkerUNO
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby GrinWithoutaKat » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:44 am

What a nice suprise to find the DDR songs on the podcast! I'd really like to get into DDR but I don't think the floor of my room would take the jumping about.. sometimes when you just walk on it you can hear light fittings shake on the ceiling of the room below :(
GrinWithoutaKat
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Dance Factory

Postby robbway » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:02 am

First off, Rob and Dark Sakura are right about Dance Factory. It is as bad as you thought. Steps are mediocre and often offbeat. Here's more bad news:

There is no step editor. You can only record dance steps by jumping around on the pad. If you screw up, start over.

HERE'S THE WORST PART: UP and DOWN arrows are REVERSED. This game will kill your DDR skills.
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby ssj100matt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:02 pm

"Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:02 am "?!?

Either the post times are messed up or Robbway has found a way to time travel.... :lol:

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Re: Dance Factory

Postby tweak_ » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:05 pm

robbway wrote:There is no step editor. You can only record dance steps by jumping around on the pad. If you screw up, start over.

thats how itg2 is.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby VxJasonxV » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:02 pm

ssj100matt wrote:"Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:02 am "?!?

Either the post times are messed up or Robbway has found a way to time travel.... :lol:
Fix the GMT offset in your profile.

robbway
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:02 Post subject: Dance Factory

;)
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

My Riches are Ruined

Postby robbway » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:47 am

VxJasonxV wrote:
ssj100matt wrote:"Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:02 am "?!?

Fix the GMT offset in your profile.

robbway
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:02 Post subject: Dance Factory

;)

Well, there goes my get-rich scheme on the stock market. Damn!
robbway
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby Reenee » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:35 am

Uh.

Did you OLR people say SuperNOVA was coming out...today?
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:41 am

As I understand it the date has been ping-ponging around the distributor system all summer long. I thought last I heard was later in the month?
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Reenee » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:24 am

Same here.
Reenee
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Postby skie » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:10 pm

Part B:

Wii chips are in production... Splinter Cell Double Agent coming to Wii launch... Release Dates... Kingdom Hearts 2 & Vice City in the UK... Forza 2 delayed... XBLA Scramble delayed... New XBOX 360 core for Japan... XBOX 360 HD DVD gets a price overseas... Japan to see a PS2 drop... Clips of new characters from World of Warcraft expansion Beta... Yet another speculation story: Wii is coming out October 2nd... Squeenix being sued... Ubisoft to appeal to the female gamer (or will they)... New Dead Rising content coming... Project Gotham 4 confirmed kinda... Vibe Magazine leaks Wii price (maybe)... and more!
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Next

Return to Sunday: Orange Lounge Radio LIVE -- (Podcast talk too)