Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Front page news

Give all suggestions, opinions, etc. here. Contributions not handled anywhere else on this site can be given here as well. (Art, icons, avatars, rank images, etc.)

Front page news

Postby gameboyguy13 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:35 pm

Y'know, I think it would be more helpful to put the front page news in the news forum as well, since I rarely visit the front page (I already know where the radio station is, so...) but I'd rather not miss announcements. I know some sites have some sort of implementation set up to do this; I don't know how yours is set up, but would that be possible?
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Wed May 18, 2005 12:14 am

Some other implementations of Nuke do that, and yes, it is a VERY smart feature.
We'll see.
Something like that would be extremely difficulty to hack into this installation, although I'd certainly like to look into it.
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Postby gameboyguy13 » Mon May 30, 2005 8:47 pm

VxJasonxV wrote:Some other implementations of Nuke do that, and yes, it is a VERY smart feature.
We'll see.
Something like that would be extremely difficulty to hack into this installation, although I'd certainly like to look into it.

No offense or anything, but from what's been said, it sounds like several things could be fixed by a new installation... would that be less difficult than hacking the installation?
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Mon May 30, 2005 10:26 pm

To be honest, we're trying to look for something a little broader than Nuke. Unfortunatley we don't make a profit on what we do, so we can't hire a web professional. We only really have 1 or 2 people that know how to do web-stuff and it's all voulenteer...

Hopefully with summer on the horizon and the craziness of E3 settling down, in the very near future we'll have time to fix all this and continue to grow, website and all.

For what it's worth, did you know we have an RSS feed for our front page news you can add to web portals such as my.yahoo.com and things like that? Not sure if you use any of those kind of sites...
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby gameboyguy13 » Tue May 31, 2005 8:40 pm

As far as Nuke or alternatives, if I had any idea on what to do or what kind of things could substitute, I'd volunteer, but the fact is, I don't. I have no experience with that kind of thing. The only thing I could offer is to use the LJ Community and integrate it, but I don't think that's quite what you're looking for, especially since that too would not interface with the fora. Perhaps you could ask someone at a site that does make a profit, like BMS or DDRFreak?

Um. RSS feed? Well, if I had an aggregator, I'd use it. That's something I should eventually do and just haven't gotten around to yet.
gameboyguy13
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby VxJasonxV » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:02 am

gameboyguy13 wrote:Um. RSS feed? Well, if I had an aggregator, I'd use it. That's something I should eventually do and just haven't gotten around to yet.
Thunderbird :)
VxJasonxV
Website Staff
Website Staff

Return to Suggestions/Opinions