Photos from the OLRmy - Email a photo to pics@orangeloungeradio.com

Orange Lounge Radio

Dedicated to video games & the gamer lifestyle!

LISTEN TO OLR

Listen to Orange Lounge Radio Live
Sunday nights at
6PM PST / 9PM EST.
Join us for a live show!

Launch the OLR Player
Launch the OLR Player

Listen at the VOG Network
Listen at the VOG Network

Click Here to subscribe to our podcast in iTunes!

Grab Our Podcast Feed
Grab Our Podcast Feed

OLRMY

Become part of the OLRmy by joining our forums!

FRIENDS OF OLR

hordehouse
Bobby Blackwolf
Under Sedation LIVE
Geek Life

Hear ye, Hear ye, All Skype Callers. New Skype Policy.

Any official notices that don't make the front page will be here.

Hear ye, Hear ye, All Skype Callers. New Skype Policy.

Postby skie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:01 am

We *love* our listeners. If it weren't for you guys, we wouldn't be here. We also love the fact that we can provide a show where you guys can interact with us on many different levels, including our chat room, mailbag and skypeline. We were one of the first internet radio shows *anywhere* to support skype and the taking of live calls on the internet during a radio program using VoIP. You guys contribute lots of interesting viewpoints, ask good questions, and keep the show rolling with the perspective of REAL gamers.

Usually.

Unfortunatley, some folks are neglecting to call "echo123" or getting really bad echos during their phone calls. That being said, beginning next week, episode 188, we are going to begin editing out crappy phone calls from the podcast. This may include calls that sound just fine, but the caller has nothing of value to add to the show ("Uhhh, I don't know why I called today...")

We don't like editing the show, because we want to keep the integrity of having a raw and real gamer voice. However, we feel that since we are a low low low budget production, and we can't afford a phone screener like a "real" radio program would have, we can make this decision without damage to our reputation or integrity. If someone calls in with a constructive critisim, that will NOT be edited out of the show. That's not what we're trying to do with this. What we're trying to do is edit out the technical glitchiness and brain-fart calls that bring our show to a halt sometimes.

I hope this doesn't scare anyone off from calling. It shouldn't. At the same time, don't get all butthurt if you find your call got edited out of the show. Poop happens, just call again next week (do everything you can to make sure your connection is good).

We will also be trying to boost the visibility of our voicemail in the coming weeks. Voicemail can be left anytime, and the voicemails can be processed through our sound programs to make sure they sound clean by the time they are played on air. It's also a great way for people who "can't listen live" to be able to have their voices heard. Literally.

Thanks for your understanding.

Comments?
Questions?
Praises?
Bitches?
Post below.
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby tweak_ » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:51 am

Sounds good. I myself have never called because I have a mic that makes everything sound horrible, not even considering my connection.
tweak_
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby TheAmplidude » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:03 am

lol. he said "butthurt".

:D

Seems fair to me
TheAmplidude
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Blackwolf » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:20 pm

WHAT!?

How can I bitch about JESPER being a whore if you're going to just edit my call out!

*whine!*
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby skie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:27 pm

Bobby you have your own outlet though.

Coming this summer to allgames radio... JESPER IS A WHORE FRIDAYS! YAY!

:P
skie
On-Air Talent
On-Air Talent

Postby Blackwolf » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:23 pm

skie wrote:JESPER IS A WHORE FRIDAYS! YAY!

RATINGS WINNER.
Blackwolf
Avid Listener
Avid Listener

Postby ssj100matt » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:34 pm

Totally agree skie... One of my biggest pet peeves on the show was people (who I will not name) that call in with something totally unrelated or "im calling in because I can" type of calls... It makes me feel bad for the people who are trying to call in with intelligent or relevant (edit) things to say about topics that we are discussing and not have enough time to talk or not get through because ____ person is talking about they have nothing to talk about or something else unrelated... Although I do admit that my last call a month or 2 ago was a “Ummmm aaaaaa brain fart” type of call, for that I do apologies

But your right there has been calls that have come out awful (sound quality that is)... Like for instance the guy who called in last show (6/18/06).... He brought a good topic to the table but had some awful echo’s and sounded like a pump of some kind was going on in the background (no offense to him that is)... I’ve also noticed we get some really bad delays on some ends... It reminds me of the delays from Live CNN broadcasts from Afghanistan or Iraq...

Lately the "Im calling in because I can" or "I have a totally unrelated topic to share" types of calls have been on a low since E3, which is a good thing... Mostly because since the next gen systems are on the way we have a lot to talk about... But regardless I like this move... It may be difficult decision for you guys to do, because I know you guys aren’t assholes and it will pain you to cut a certain call out but you gotta do whatcha' you gotta do... In the end it will be a good move

Also I think the Voicemail idea would be a great addition to the show... It gives some of us nervous callers a chance to call and ask a question and not feel like we are rushed or put on the clock in any way...
Last edited by ssj100matt on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssj100matt
OLR Whore
OLR Whore

Postby DJPooEater » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:20 pm

ssj100matt wrote: It makes me feel bad for the people who are trying to call in with intelligent or important things to say

Umm....do any of us REALLY have anything intelligent to say? :P

j/k
DJPooEater
Radio Junkie
Radio Junkie

Return to News and Announcements